Cogger watch

Status
Not open for further replies.

DoggyStyla

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He hasnt been that bad. His ball playing is pretty good. Sure his kicking game needs some work but fuck me what do you guys expect someone to come out and play like thurston or cronk in thier 10th game or whatever it is.
Kicking game at his age should be complete... Look at Cleary.. that’s the problem with the game these days, and def our team, no complete footballers, it’s because all the care about is the $$

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Kicking game at his age should be complete... Look at Cleary.. that’s the problem with the game these days, and def our team, no complete footballers, it’s because all the care about is the $$
Good thing we didn't sign Cronk as a youngster then. You would've written him off in the first 3 games of his career. JT as well for that matter....In fact, Cleary is the exception, not the rule. Look at Blake Green - its taken him 10 years to get "there".

the hound

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Cogger having a good game for the Knights. Very steady and he is always behind the ruck directing traffic. On kick returns seems to be the first back and in dummy half moving the ball around.
I think he has a lot of in form Hodkinson about his style of play.
Looking forward to seeing him in the Blue n White.
Its half time and 3 scores a piece but Knights trail 16-12.

habs

xdf
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
A good halfback would have won us two more games. We’d still be mid table at best.

CMP

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Good thing we didn't sign Cronk as a youngster then. You would've written him off in the first 3 games of his career. JT as well for that matter....In fact, Cleary is the exception, not the rule. Look at Blake Green - its taken him 10 years to get "there".
I agree with your point.
JT though was pretty good from the start of his top grade journey.
He killed it and was an absolute stand out in the lower grades before moving to first grade. It was obvious to all he was something special.

DoggyStyla

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
JT was a gun my friend.. not sure what games you were watching..
Blake green was great at Melb also, just didn’t get the chance to shine due to the big 3.. Same goes for Cronk, the only reason he wasn’t playing SOO he was stuck behind Lockyer.. You watch games right?

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Ponga is the real gun in that side.. the kids a freak & at 600k per year is a steal.. he will be one of the comps MVPs in only a few years if not sooner
Yeah but he will be worth 1.6mil when he comes off contract... Pretty much when the knights become real premiership contenders again and the same time the cap will be their worst enemy. Makes me think though HOW THE FUX DO MELBOURNE DO IT THE FUX!

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Blake green was great at Melb also, just didn’t get the chance to shine due to the big 3.. Same goes for Cronk, the only reason he wasn’t playing SOO he was stuck behind Lockyer.. You watch games right?
JT was a star from his first game with the dogs 3rd grade ( flegg or 20s or whatever it was at the time) - he stood out in every grade he played. Came down from QLD and started playing mid year and was outstanding.

Moey

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
JT was a freak in juniors. I watched him play so many times in reserves and the one below that. The kid was a fucking freak. Better than what ponga and barba were at same age.

Blake green without Cronk at Melbourne or Johnson at warriors or DCE at Manly is nothing special whatsoever. What he does is just do your basic control the rucks and put kicks in, which allows the superstar halfbacks to run riot.

Cogger is an avge half at best based on what I have seen last year and last 2 games. Hopefully he takes his chance in FG this year and sets himself up to take his game to another level with us.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Cogger having a good game for the Knights. Very steady and he is always behind the ruck directing traffic. On kick returns seems to be the first back and in dummy half moving the ball around.
I think he has a lot of in form Hodkinson about his style of play.
Looking forward to seeing him in the Blue n White.
Its half time and 3 scores a piece but Knights trail 16-12.
He got a solid couple of years next to Hodko which he probably learnt a fair bit from. His missing a running game so hopefully next to Foran he can build on that but I'm worried he hasn't got a solid apprenticeship under a superstar half. Your only as good as your teacher is and unlike Thurston and Cronk who learnt off Sherwin, Orford and Lockyer its a worry Coggar's development will not be as good.

Micko1979

Waterboy
Reaction score
JT struggled to make first grade and was behind both Sherwin and Anasta and didn't look close to a match winner until his season at the Cowboys. I remember almost everybody at the dogs saying it was better to keep Anasta because his size and game management was better. Obviously there was much improvement that could be seen but at the time he wasn't close to most other halves in the game.

Cronk was rubbish and was a very ordinary hooker who was stuck behind Smith. Until Bellamy pushed him in an offseason to improve his game management he was on nobodies radar and it took him a number of years to cement himself as a regular first grader.

Green has always been a decent first grader and nothing more.

I think you must have started watching the game when these players started to cement themselves as great players and can't remember or didn't see their development.

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
JT struggled to make first grade and was behind both Sherwin and Anasta and didn't look close to a match winner until his season at the Cowboys. I remember almost everybody at the dogs saying it was better to keep Anasta because his size and game management was better. Obviously there was much improvement that could be seen but at the time he wasn't close to most other halves in the game.

Cronk was rubbish and was a very ordinary hooker who was stuck behind Smith. Until Bellamy pushed him in an offseason to improve his game management he was on nobodies radar and it took him a number of years to cement himself as a regular first grader.

I think you must have started watching the game when these players started to cement themselves as great players and can't remember or didn't see their development.
I seem to remember Thurston having some defensive issues with us before he left.

albatross

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
How many Cleary's are there out there? He is exceptional for his age, not the benchmark.

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
My mate is a mad knights fan and reckons cogger has been average with a terrible kicking game as well

DoggyStyla

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

They let JT go because of Coffs Harbor.. Then they let Anasta go cos he fucked Sherwins wife..

Man JT was a gun, maybe YouTube that shit before making yourself look inept and foolish..

Status
Not open for further replies.