Cogger to Giants

BlackDawg

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Cogger was injury back up to a 1st grade team in the NRL. tried hard but didnt realoly have the goods.

Yougra

Kennel Established
Reaction score
If it was a choice between keeping Cogger or Lewis its Cogger all day long.

Unfortunately the previous admin and coach made a very foolish choice in unnecessarily extending Lewis with a season to go on his deal.
Agree. If the contract situations were the other way around I think we would still have Cogger and Lewis would be gone. I would have preferred Cogger to be our backup half. He has more upside than Lewis and (possibly) Wakeham.

Under Barrett I think he could have developed into a reliable backup half who could come into the team when needed and do the required job.

Good luck to him

Berries

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
If it was a choice between keeping Cogger or Lewis its Cogger all day long.

Unfortunately the previous admin and coach made a very foolish choice in unnecessarily extending Lewis with a season to go on his deal.
Yep it was insanity that Lewis got the back up role contract over Cogger

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Nasheed here,

all the best to him.
What I don’t get is why did we cut him when we just picked up a like-for-like in Flanno instead? Just the goal kicking?
Feels like a lot of heartache and disloyalty for a kid that turned down a knights contract earlier in the year to stay with us, but that’s what this family club is about now, but not my business.

as a side note, I’ve had a recurring dream that I have been Coggers personal chauffeur, taking him to various parts of the Australian countryside (I assume to play footy) and we had a very up and down work relationship but ultimately have become close.

Malla

Reaction score
Good on him. Hope he has a long career in England.

Berries

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Nasheed here,

all the best to him.
What I don’t get is why did we cut him when we just picked up a like-for-like in Flanno instead? Just the goal kicking?
Feels like a lot of heartache and disloyalty for a kid that turned down a knights contract earlier in the year to stay with us, but that’s what this family club is about now, but not my business.

as a side note, I’ve had a recurring dream that I have been Coggers personal chauffeur, taking him to various parts of the Australian countryside (I assume to play footy) and we had a very up and down work relationship but ultimately have become close.
No homo

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Been watching ESL hes been Terrible in attack in what is a less defensive league.. throwing passes to wrong players at wrong time in attacking positions..

Tries hard but he just doesnt have it as a half..

Dud signing..