Cogger to Giants

ddt192

The Blue N White Butcher Stripe
Reaction score
Super League club Huddersfield are nearing a deal for former Bulldogs and Knights halfback Jack Cogger.

The playmaker, 23, is expected to sign a one-year contract with an option in his favour for a second.

He is likely to play alongside Aiden Sezer in the halves.

Cogger, who was 18 try assists and four tries in 42 NRL games, was one of eight players unsigned by incoming coach Trent Barrett.

Kieran Foran (Manly), Aiden Tolman (Cronulla), Sauaso Sue (Newcastle) and Marcelo Montoya (Warriors) have all found new clubs.

Kerrod Holland has retired, while Tim Lafai and Isaiah Tass remain without clubs.

Meanwhile, Canterbury have taken Cook Islands international Reubenn Rennie on a train-and-trial contract.

The 24-year-old centre has been with the Bulldogs’ new feeder club, Mounties, for the last few seasons.

He has scored 36 tries in 83 NSW Cup games over the last five seasons.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
I fucking hate Huddersfield but will follow them as I liked Jack... One thing I will say us that Ian Watson is going there to coach so they will improve.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Hes ok but his level is reserves or epl which is a similar level. Same with Lewis. Wakeham not sure about yet. All 3 need development and should have been playing reserves the last few years, but with Foran down a lot and no other established half we had to play them

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
He'll probably get the man of steel award over there considering Lachlan Coote and Jackson Hastings dominated the comp yet couldn't get a mention in the NRL.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I expect him to do pretty well over there. I think if he'd been the first choice half for us this year we'd have scraped a few more wins together. His long kicking game isn't great (or poor), but he's the only one here this year that had a variety of short kicks and displayed ability to read the defense. Also showed good decision making about when to run the ball.

All the best to him. I hope his coach has more faith in him than Pay or Georgalis did,

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Lol I can see Cogger taking his running game over there and killin’ it against the ESL defence. One thing I loved about Jack was that he knew WHEN to run the ball. England would be good for his development.
Exactly. Cogger didn't set the world on fire but he had a good footy brain and knew when to run. He just needed a genuine coach and a halves coach to help him.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
I expect him to do pretty well over there. I think if he'd been the first choice half for us this year we'd have scraped a few more wins together. His long kicking game isn't great (or poor), but he's the only one here this year that had a variety of short kicks and displayed ability to read the defense. Also showed good decision making about when to run the ball.

All the best to him. I hope his coach has more faith in him than Pay or Georgalis did,
Needed Kimmorley helping him imo. Had the running in him but would never dig into the line and drive a kick through hard and low like Noddy. Guess it was to hard to do with his limited opportunities always consisting of our middles being dominated

The Dogfather

Kennel Established
Reaction score
From memory Reubenn Rennie used to play with us in the lower grades back in 2016. Not sure what has changed since then for the club to bring him back.

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Good luck to him . Maybe he will develop his game over there and then have another crack at the NRL.

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Wish him all the best, good honest player who prolly had too much pressure on him.

LordSidious66

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I would have Barrett would have kept him on Tbh. I know he wasn't a superstar but I liked what I saw from him at times and would have benefited from Barrett's Tuition tbh. Oh well a decision's been made and best of luck to him in England.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
If it was a choice between keeping Cogger or Lewis its Cogger all day long.

Unfortunately the previous admin and coach made a very foolish choice in unnecessarily extending Lewis with a season to go on his deal.

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I would have Barrett would have kept him on Tbh. I know he wasn't a superstar but I liked what I saw from him at times and would have benefited from Barrett's Tuition tbh. Oh well a decision's been made and best of luck to him in England.
He would be a perfect back up half. You have your two guns firing in first grade, and when one of them picks up an injury, this is the type of player you want to fill in. The bloke does his job and is solid in every area. He’s like Blake green.