Climate Change

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Swim with?..I wanna get eaten by one bruh.

Clean kill only but getting eaten by a shark isn't the worst way to die(seriously)
Have you seen the size of their teeth? They're almost as long as my fully erect penis. If you got bitten by a Megalodon that would be like 276 erect penis' penetrating you.

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Have you seen the size of their teeth? They're almost as long as my fully erect penis. If you got bitten by a Megalodon that would be like 276 erect penis' penetrating you.
Yep scary as fk but imagine the adrenalin, fear and shit spewing from your ass as it moves in for the chomp :tearsofjoy: and the infamy of getting eaten by a monster fish thought extinct for millions of years haha.
I've had a fascination with sharks ever since the original and by far the best shark movie ever.Jaws which was made way before you were born.
Its a classic, for a mid seventies movie they did a bang up job making a mechanical version of the big bastard, looks realistic as.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
If anyone is actually curious why we have a climate problem, this explains it well

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Painter's Number wasn't a case of group think. He used a method of measurement to count 24. A crude method of measurement but the best they had at the time. Others repeated the same measurement and came to the same number (24). It wasn't until a new method of measurement was developed in 1955 that they could figure out that the count of 24 was wrong. That's how science works. New, better techniques are developed to correct past errors.
Whilst it is the truth, new techniques were used from 1956, it is not the whole truth, others ignored their own pictures, that are still available today, which clearly show 23.

A quote from Robert Matthews, “For years biochemists refused to believe humans possess 23 pairs of chromosomes”. Why? “Because it contradicted the claims” of this “influential American zoologist”. So, “many ignored the evidence of their own eyes rather than challenge the great man”. "The problem was not so much that Painter had blundered, but that “scientists had preferred to bow to authority rather than believe the evidence of their own eyes. Checking photographs of chromosomes reprinted in textbooks, researchers later found that 23 pairs were clearly shown—and yet captions under the photographs declared the figure to be 24.”

We have had numerous dissusions where I point out that I rely on the numbers (the data) not the commentary that follows it. The above is a prime example, anyone who looks the pictures can count 23 pairs, but the commentary that follows it says 24.

Another famous example of Group Think, President Kennedy sat in on all of the meetings regarding the Bay of Pigs and gave his opinion, which the group slavishly followed despite his calls for alternative thinking. In the Cuban Missile Crisis Kennedy deliberately did not attend any meetings, but simply asked for the group's recommendation. That recommendation was diametrically opposed to his (Kennedy's) opinion. Those 2 examples are often quoted in teaching the pit falls of group think and how to avoid them.

I have absolutely no doubt that there is a strong element of group think in climate science, it is unavoidable. How much is the unanswerable question.

Always a Bulldog

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Whilst it is the truth, new techniques were used from 1956, it is not the whole truth, others ignored their own pictures, that are still available today, which clearly show 23.

A quote from Robert Matthews, “For years biochemists refused to believe humans possess 23 pairs of chromosomes”. Why? “Because it contradicted the claims” of this “influential American zoologist”. So, “many ignored the evidence of their own eyes rather than challenge the great man”. "The problem was not so much that Painter had blundered, but that “scientists had preferred to bow to authority rather than believe the evidence of their own eyes. Checking photographs of chromosomes reprinted in textbooks, researchers later found that 23 pairs were clearly shown—and yet captions under the photographs declared the figure to be 24.”

We have had numerous dissusions where I point out that I rely on the numbers (the data) not the commentary that follows it. The above is a prime example, anyone who looks the pictures can count 23 pairs, but the commentary that follows it says 24.
Do you have a source for that?

The only source I could find was Creation.com that is attempting to use this claim to say that the earth is actually 6,000 years old. And the reference links do not exist.

Even if it is accurate, it's a single case of bad science from over 50 years ago. No internet, minimal collaborations, a lot less people working in the field. It's a giant leap to say that a few geneticists trusting one guy and not double checking his work, means that hundreds of thousands of scientists are all just nodding and going along, especially considering that there is masses of publications focused on it. The vast majority of earth sciences are currently working on the problems caused by man-induced climate change. Suggesting "Group Think" isn't suggesting that they're just not checking if it's real. It's suggesting that they are aware but they're all fudging their results to pretend it's not real. That's a huge leap.

I have absolutely no doubt that there is a strong element of group think in climate science, it is unavoidable. How much is the unanswerable question.
As I said, huge leap. I have no doubt that there are some minor level of group think. But it would be tiny and insignificant. Every scientist would have to give up on becoming famous and fudge their results just so they don't upset the group. If you think that, you've never worked with scientists.