Opinion Ciraldo's poor Judgement

SPEARTAKVIDREFS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Ive been disappointed and questioned some decisions along the way.
Season from hell with injuries, new coach at new club his first year.
Any coach deserves time.
Nothing wrong with voicing frustrations and opinions but this constant hateful agenda against our coach by the clown crew is boring.

The_Chimpster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Ive been disappointed and questioned some decisions along the way.
Season from hell with injuries, new coach at new club his first year.
Any coach deserves time.
Nothing wrong with voicing frustrations and opinions but this constant hateful agenda against our coach by the clown crew is boring.
cIrAldUd wOnT sEe oUt hAlF of his cOnTrAcT

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
The thing was Avo could have taken the fullback position over the summer, he knew what he had to do but failed to do it. To be honest on raw talent and ability Avo is a great player. Has he ever lived up to what he should? No. And the club is to blame. He has bounced around more then a chick in a gang bang. And it has affected his development spending time in the halves, centre and fullback. And its not even spending time in 1 position in the halves its 6 then 7 then 6 then bench then centre then 7.

Its funny we have been so over patient with some players yet the patience with avo was never there to develop. On paper he would be a great 1 or 3. Has he ever shown that ability week in week out? No. He has shown glimpses but never smacked it out of the park.

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Im a massive averillo fan his attack is amazing his d is a massive worry might of been nice to c him at fb after a preseason but cam had his own superstar haze lol

Bitemarks

mmm tasty ear
Reaction score
Yet again, averillo makes the jump to fullback late in the season and plays well without a pre season at the back... what does that tell us about cc and his ability to choose the right positions and his judgement , i mean who the fuck chooses a glorified reserve grader in perham over averillo.. it boggles my mind
@TheSexDogs has always been right about averillo.. just when he starts to consistently show his ability, hes leaving because of poor judgement from our coaches
He is a shit defender pure and simple won't put his body on the line.

Novdoggie

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The more Avo plays fullback he is getting much better and looking more and more comfortable but let's not forget he did spend a bit of time at fullback and in the halves over the past year or so and he didn't do much to warrant him staying in either position. The Kennel were jumping on his back and it was warranted.

It's just one of those situations where it's damned if you do, damned if you don't. Just unfortunate that he is showing his true potential too late and when it was at the time Gould was making up his mind on who to re-sign, Avo wasn't showing much to warrant being re-signed imo.

On his current form, yeh he would have been great for us if he stayed but was he going to perform consistently week in week out? I've never seen consistency from him. He'll be a good player under Bennett I'm sure and good luck to him and it happens when players move to other clubs but we have to move on with our new signings and hope we get better results with the changes coming through. I can't blame Gould or Ciraldo on this one or anyone else we have released.

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Yet again, averillo makes the jump to fullback late in the season and plays well without a pre season at the back... what does that tell us about cc and his ability to choose the right positions and his judgement , i mean who the fuck chooses a glorified reserve grader in perham over averillo.. it boggles my mind
@TheSexDogs has always been right about averillo.. just when he starts to consistently show his ability, hes leaving because of poor judgement from our coaches
I wanted Averillo to stay but let's be realistic
He was always good in attack but most supporters complained about his ordinary defense and the occasional blunder under the high ball, not to mention his lack of voice in defense that's essential for a fullback, it was the reason CC chose Perham over him, incidentally I didn't want Perham at fullback either !

Dyldog

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Taffe will be a better fullback option for less.. Gus said on his podcast Crichton didn’t sign to play fullback, he signed to play wherever the coach needs him so my prediction is..
1. Taffe
2. Wilson
3. Xerri
4. Crichton
5. Fox
6. Burton
7. Sexytime

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
You cannot forget we have the liberty of watching these players closely for years whilst CC and co just met them.

The Averillo sitch is a tough one but in saying that if he started th eyear at the back and killed what would he be worth now? Could we afford to throw 6-700k at him like the fins did? we couldnt afford it because we bought SC.

By letting Avo go learn his trade under a mentor in Benny it allowed us to retain Ala and purchase Taafe whilst there is always the possibility of retaining Avo once his contract ends and wants to come home.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Taffe will be a better fullback option for less.. Gus said on his podcast Crichton didn’t sign to play fullback, he signed to play wherever the coach needs him so my prediction is..
1. Taffe
2. Wilson
3. Xerri
4. Crichton
5. Fox
6. Burton
7. Sexytime
Surely u didnt drop Kiraz...

CCC

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Averillo was never a long term option at fullback. He's not vocal enough or a defence organiser. Ciraldo tried something else. Did he stick with Perham for too long? Absolutely, but he had to try someone other than Avo.
Why he picked Perham is more telling I think. 'He was the only talker in the team'.... that's what has been wrong most of the year, nobody organising anything, Burton isn't a talker and looks like he is half asleep most of the time. I really hope they solve it for next year or it will be the same usless rabble as this year all over again. Hopefully Sexton takes ownership

InGusWeTrust

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
What is there to be positive about this year?
Plenty, but it’s pointless trying to convince a pessimist.

I don’t get it. I understand being pessimistic and only seeing negatives and all that, but most of you guys actually seem to get off on the fact that we suck in many areas, hence these threads. It makes no sense.