Opinion Ciraldo's poor Judgement

AlzzBulldog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Yet again, averillo makes the jump to fullback late in the season and plays well without a pre season at the back... what does that tell us about cc and his ability to choose the right positions and his judgement , i mean who the fuck chooses a glorified reserve grader in perham over averillo.. it boggles my mind
@TheSexDogs has always been right about averillo.. just when he starts to consistently show his ability, hes leaving because of poor judgement from our coaches

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
I think there have been a number of poor decisions this year - hopefully the club and in particular CC learns from them -

- the Reynolds wasting of a top 30 spot instead of a forward
- playing Oloapu when he wasnt ready for fg
- extending RFM contract
- playing Oloapu when he was injured - hasnt played since in any grade
- Okunbor
- non football related feel good soft culture nonsense

Berries

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I think there have been a number of poor decisions this year - hopefully the club and in particular CC learns from them -

- the Reynolds wasting of a top 30 spot instead of a forward
- playing Oloapu when he wasnt ready for fg
- extending RFM contract
- playing Oloapu when he was injured - hasnt played since in any grade
- Okunbor
- non football related feel good soft culture nonsense
Playing a combo of four hookers/halves at the same time plus Okunbur at end of games.

King Gus

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Averillo was also a gun at centre.
Do you know why perham was put at fullback?
Gus mentioned it on his podcast it’s because he was the loudest and that’s what you need from your fullback.
Also CC is a rookie coach he is still learning.

04 Dreaming

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Averillo was also a gun at centre.
Do you know why perham was put at fullback?
Gus mentioned it on his podcast it’s because he was the loudest and that’s what you need from your fullback.
Also CC is a rookie coach he is still learning.
Just because he’s the loudest? Did they not factor anything else into the equation?

I have a few mates who are pretty loud I might tell em to go have a chat with Gus and coach clueless, one of them might get a run at fullback for us nekst yeae

Raikkonen

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Averillo was never a long term option at fullback. He's not vocal enough or a defence organiser. Ciraldo tried something else. Did he stick with Perham for too long? Absolutely, but he had to try someone other than Avo.

silva

Utility
Reaction score
Taafe had better hands than Averillo and can play as a 2nd 6. He also seems to have a crack each game. Averillo has lethal pace and I like him as a player but he can’t defend and he goes missing

King Gus

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Just because he’s the loudest? Did they not factor anything else into the equation?

I have a few mates who are pretty loud I might tell em to go have a chat with Gus and coach clueless, one of them might get a run at fullback for us nekst yeae
If you know anything about football yes you must be loud as you direct the defence, but you have know idea as you just proved it by even suggesting your mates lol.
They gave perham a chance and perham flopped get over it.

cookieman909

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think the main issue as FB is the defensive side of it. You need a loud voice and organise the defensive line. He doesn’t strike me as that kind of bloke. Hates the contact. Fullbacks need to save tries also. No one can tell me one try he’s saved. People bag the fuck out of Ciraldo for shuffling the kid around but he has had his breakout season this year because he was told he was right centre start of pre season. He flourished this year at right centre. Would it if been the same at FB? Maybe it would have. But the kid took the money on offer, and surprise surprise he’ll be playing CENTRE at the dolphins. I don’t get why people still want to bang on about him leaving.

Moey

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Averillo is the jack of all trades but master of none... and the money Dolphins offered was even more of a reason to let him go.

And for him, a new clibeand a new start is what he needed.

Would have been stupid and irresponsible to pay overs just to keep him, we don't want another overpaid Mbye clone albeit a much better version

04 Dreaming

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you know anything about football yes you must be loud as you direct the defence, but you have know idea as you just proved it by even suggesting your mates lol.
The gave him a chance and perham flopped.
Not disputing it’s important in that position but the issue is they clearly didn’t consider that Perham defensive positioning and general awareness of a pathetic so that makes his loudness detrimental. Fucken shit house under the high ball. Doesn’t have a pass. Crabs sideways and never a threat with ball under his wing

What exactly is your point

Interestingg

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Choosing the reserve grader Perham and sticking with him for 19 odd weeks “because he’s more vocal” was foolish. Would we have won more games with Avo at fullback? Yes.
Would we be a top 8 team? Fuck no. Our defence as a team is atrocious