Rumour Ciraldo?

Blue&whiteAxe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He's going to be a great FG coach but not in his first year. He's the best assistant coach going around but at this stage (5-6 years of absolute mediocrity), Flanagan or Woolf should be the shortlist, not someone untested in the big chair.
Wasn’t Barrett also the best assistant coach going around? How’d that work out for us?

zappa

Punk in Drublic
Reaction score
I’m going to put my hand up and say I know nothing about Ciraldo’s coaching ability/credentials other than what I’ve read or what other people have said. Just makes me wonder if some people dismiss the media when they feel it is bullshit (most of the time) yet jump on the next big thing, with said hype created by the very same media.
My wish is Flange sans Flange jnr. I don’t like the bloke and his history but if we’re talking horses for courses…….

Rod67

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Agree ... Blind Freddy can see we are rebuilding nicely, and will be strong again in the not too distant future.

Can't say the same about The Tigers.

I believe we are a super attractive option for prospective coaches.
19 plus this Sunday?

amapusae

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Why is he baz 2.0? I think what is clear is that no one knows how he will handle being a first grade coach but he is in high demand. It’s a really difficult decision for the club because Flanno snr is the logical choice but we all know that his son is the problem.....it’s so hard to predict what coach is the best for us...but I trust Gus will make the right call
He’s Baz 2.0 cos it’s a massive gamble on an inexperienced coach. We can’t afford anymore gambles

BULLDVGS

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Genuine question, how times has Gus missed when it comes to hiring/firing coaches?

Rod67

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's all a guessing game at the moment as the NRL usually is but from what I've read Tigers are very keen to get Ciraldo, not saying they will get him but they like us are after a coach and he has toured there recently as I see from an earlier post he has with us as well.

Word from Penrith is they hold in very high regard and want him to stay on as assistant for another season but with so many opportunities available now he is keeping his options very much open.

I'm happy if they stay with Potter as he's not only played for the club but has improved us a hell of lot in the last month and hope it continues but if it's not him then I'd have Ciraldo as my next choice.

I do not feel Flanagan is the right fit for our club. He won a flag with Cronulla but he had 8 years there and has no past affiliation with our club other than his son is playing for us and we can certainly do better in the halfback department. Rorters cut him from their roster because they bought Keary and had Walker coming through after Cronk retired. So no wonder they cut him.

billy beane

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's all a guessing game at the moment as the NRL usually is but from what I've read Tigers are very keen to get Ciraldo, not saying they will get him but they like us are after a coach and he has toured there recently as I see from an earlier post he has with us as well.

Word from Penrith is they hold in very high regard and want him to stay on as assistant for another season but with so many opportunities available now he is keeping his options very much open.

I'm happy if they stay with Potter as he's not only played for the club but has improved us a hell of lot in the last month and hope it continues but if it's not him then I'd have Ciraldo as my next choice.

I do not feel Flanagan is the right fit for our club. He won a flag with Cronulla but he had 8 years there and has no past affiliation with our club other than his son is playing for us and we can certainly do better in the halfback department. Rorters cut him from their roster because they bought Keary and had Walker coming through after Cronk retired. So no wonder they cut him.
Potter is doing a good job.

The team has improved every game with him at the helm.

I will be happy to support whoever Gus chooses as the next coach.

He has VASTLY superior knowledge and information than any of us supporters.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
They said Adam O’Brien was one of the most touted coaches too before he joined knights . Has he really achieved much at the knights?
Pretty much all of Bellamy's assistants have been average tbh

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
How can anyone rate Ciraldo? Where’s his NRL record apart from stepping in for Cleary for one game. I’m not saying he’s shit but he’s an untested NRL coach? Do we really want to go down that road again ?
Totally agree he thinks hes bellamy but could be the next tbaz

GreenTurd

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
They said Adam O’Brien was one of the most touted coaches too before he joined knights . Has he really achieved much at the knights?
Yep, he might do good he might not, if we are going down the rookie coach road Woolf won lower grades then went to super league and won there too and what he’s done with Tonga I’d be more confident in Woolf at this stage.

xanderalexander

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Wasn’t Barrett also the best assistant coach going around? How’d that work out for us?
Yes, that's my point. And a few days ago Gus made the same point. An assistant coach to a successful head coach (ie Barrett or Ciraldo to Cleary) can often be trumpeted as the next big thing. But take that assistant out of that excellent system and ask the question, who would be that assistant coach's assistant coach?