Rumour Ciraldo?

Philmus

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Burton is a must keep, I'm convinced that signing Ciraldo would help us keep him.
i think the penrith ship has sailed for burton. hes a bulldog now and he knows it, he doesnt need any more penrith flops coming over. maybe the reason he signed with us was to get a different experience, if we sign ciraldo after barrett it'll be the same old shit?

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Is Cameron Ciraldo any relation to our training gear guy Fred Ciraldo anyone know ?

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Looks like Gould has ruled out Ciraldo for us again (too inexperienced)

I was surprised when I heard certain journos (Hooper) claiming Ciraldo was our first choice. Found it hard to believe when Gould previously said we need an experienced coach.

Como Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
My risk side said yes, he may turn into a Bellamy or Bennett' and be here for many successful years, my long suffering Bulldog supporting risk averse side says Flanagan is the only candidate with the experience we need. I still lean towards Flanagan, but it's clear Ciraldo is held in incredibly high regard and I have to say I have been extremely impressed with how good a job Craig Fitzgibbon has already done. Fitzgibbon is definitely the real deal.

Another school of thought, do we continue to use Potter as an interim for as long as it takes to get Fitzgibbon. Gus has a great relationship with him and Sharks may be open to getting Flanagan back.

Untamed

Previously wilddog
Reaction score
I'm not saying I'm a ciraldo fan but I remember him doing a decent job coaching the Italian rugby league team a few years back in the world cup.

Malla

Reaction score

I was surprised when I heard certain journos (Hooper) claiming Ciraldo was our first choice. Found it hard to believe when Gould previously said we need an experienced coach.

Honestly this should probably confirm Ciraldo will be Dogs coach lol

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I'm not sure another inexperienced coach is the answer. It's easy to look good in a good system . . . Barret looked good in the Penrith system too

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
My risk side said yes, he may turn into a Bellamy or Bennett' and be here for many successful years, my long suffering Bulldog supporting risk averse side says Flanagan is the only candidate with the experience we need. I still lean towards Flanagan, but it's clear Ciraldo is held in incredibly high regard and I have to say I have been extremely impressed with how good a job Craig Fitzgibbon has already done. Fitzgibbon is definitely the real deal.

Another school of thought, do we continue to use Potter as an interim for as long as it takes to get Fitzgibbon. Gus has a great relationship with him and Sharks may be open to getting Flanagan back.
In all fairness, put Hynes in our team and we are on par with the sharks imo

Como Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
In all fairness, put Hynes in our team and we are on par with the sharks imo
Agree with that we desperately need a quality 7. There does seem to be an efficiency in the way they play atm and a real professionalism where they are playing to their potential. If Fitzgibbon did this for us, with a good 7 thrown in, think we'd be a very good team.

capt obvious

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Pass, Flanagan or head hunt a proven experienced good coach

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score

You don't have to be Gus to give sound advice for him to stay with Penrith, he would be stupid not to take the job and Penrith would be more stupid to let him go.

Gus has set up the club perfectly and will be a force for many years unless some ego comes in and destroys the joint.

The silver platter saying is made for this situation.

maltalian_dog

DESeption
Reaction score
Concerned about Baz 2.0 but then again who knows. Let’s just win some games