Rumour Ciraldo?

Phalangist

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I'm not saying I'm a ciraldo fan but I remember him doing a decent job coaching the Italian rugby league team a few years back in the world cup.
from
Memory they didn’t even make the quarter finals!

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The Tigers, Bulldogs & Warriors all need an experienced development coach. Ciraldo has been very successful at being the 2nd banana at the Panthers who have the best nursery in the game. Barrett was lauded for being a great assistant coach too. Ciraldo needs to go to the UK & coach a team for himself & find some success there first - get out of your comfort zone, Cameron. If he picks the wrong team it will be his first strike against him. As a young coach you only seem to get 2 chances in this game before being tossed away for ever.

piggy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Why is he baz 2.0? I think what is clear is that no one knows how he will handle being a first grade coach but he is in high demand. It’s a really difficult decision for the club because Flanno snr is the logical choice but we all know that his son is the problem.....it’s so hard to predict what coach is the best for us...but I trust Gus will make the right call

Last edited:

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Ciraldo would be fucking nuts to go to the tigers, and if he’s spoken to Gus as is being suggested he’s as good as here . I like it and I hope Gus is blowing up Hastings phone, put a decent halfback in our side with kikau and reed next year and Ciraldo will have a top eight side in his rookie year.

berries1935

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hardly a story, of course we have spoken to him.... why wouldn’t we.
all the talk is great about him though. Imagine working with a left edge of burton kikau schoupp and addo carr

billy beane

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ciraldo would be fucking nuts to go to the tigers, and if he’s spoken to Gus as is being suggested he’s as good as here . I like it and I hope Gus is blowing up Hastings phone, put a decent halfback in our side with kikau and reed next year and Ciraldo will have a top eight side in his rookie year.
Agree ... Blind Freddy can see we are rebuilding nicely, and will be strong again in the not too distant future.

Can't say the same about The Tigers.

I believe we are a super attractive option for prospective coaches.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Agree ... Blind Freddy can see we are rebuilding nicely, and will be strong again in the not too distant future.

Agree. Couple of good signings this year. Two more already for next year. Management is doing well

We're getting there slowly but steadily.

Doggiezbrah

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score

100%! We can build a side around Burton, Kikau, TPJ & Mahoney. We have good cap space from 2024 and a ton of talented juniors. Can’t say much for the tigers..

ILiveForDib

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Doesn’t instill you with confidence similar to Barret or pay perhaps. Though it’s controversial I see Flanagan as safer option, not nessecarily better but you know what to expect and you ain’t uncertain. Proven winner, proven coach and you know for a fact he won’t put up with laziness or poor performances.

Ciraldo is a rookie, could be a Bellamy, could be another Barret. Wont complain if his signed Gus knows more then all of us from a fan perspective a more experienced coach like Flanagan is more reassuring. Without Kyle, if he wants Kyle then Ciraldo for president.

Benno Bulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
So does Ciraldo get the panthers attacking game going again, because its he hasn't coached NRL so is it a return to the Panther model because if so here we go again.

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
100%! We can build a side around Burton, Kikau, TPJ & Mahoney. We have good cap space from 2024 and a ton of talented juniors. Can’t say much for the tigers..
Korosau and papal’i are both good but korosau is getting on and was meh at manly. Hasting is there as is douhi and both are solid without being amazing. I think their cap is spent on overpaid spuds though while we are about to be free of all them.

Think kikau Pangai are better than any two forwards they can put up (papal’i is a beast but their second best meh)

Mahoney is younger and in my opinion a better addition. Though fair to argue either way.

Jac Burton shit on their Next 2.

Then we will also have the entire cap open from the other spuds going.

Think it’s safe to say the fact Jac burton Mahoney Pangai kikau here with a open cheque book (pretty sure it was reported we got 7.5 mil to spend by 24) will be attractive for any coach.

kmr07

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
My concern with Ciraldo is his age. At 37 years old, can he really gain the respect of his players in the same way that Bennett and Bellamy do? I remember a young Toovey was more of a mate to the players than a mentor. Same with Barrett… we need a hard nosed coach who the players will fear

Blue&whiteAxe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
My concern with Ciraldo is his age. At 37 years old, can he really gain the respect of his players in the same way that Bennett and Bellamy do? I remember a young Toovey was more of a mate to the players than a mentor. Same with Barrett… we need a hard nosed coach who the players will fear
Keep Potter