Official Ciraldo announces Crichton as new Club Captain, Expresses gratitude to Mahoney and Burton

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Now i really hope hes fullback. I hate captains at centre and wing as they have to be out of position to deal with the players on the other side of the field. Fullback captains are good because they can roam anywhere

Burt Matton

Kennel Established
Reaction score
No more Matt Burden as captain is the best move forward. Lets go Critta.

Scoobs

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Makes me think foxx is probably on the way out in the next year or two, surely he would've been the front runner.
Feel a bit sorry for reed, he was putrid last year but the effort was there.
Hopefully this is a kick up the arse for burton. If he is butt hurt about it, he can fuck all the way off.

Dogs4eva13

Previously James Cochrane
Reaction score
I don't hate it. It seems from a number of sources that Burton isn't a big talker so probs not the best captain yet. Personally I liked the idea of reed and King as co-captains. Anyway probs good to give Critta the extra responsibility seeing as he is not fullback. He will also play 80 min and is the least likely player in the whole team now to get dropped. Also means burton and reed are more accountable to poor form as you would not also be dropping the captain. I think it also makes it easier for CC to play reed for 60-70 min rather than 80 as he is not also captain. Can get behind it. Will be interesting to see who is kicking goals tomorrow. Hope it is still Burton, taking that away too would be a bit harsh.

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Chris Anderson captained on the wing. Big Mal was only one player inside the winger.
His position doesnt matter, but the last thing JAC needs is the captaincy. We need him defending way better than he did last year and scoring trys as his sole priority this year. Critta has captain written all over him and if he simply leads by example like Big Mal and Opes did, we will be just fine.

John Matrix

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
He's a leader and doesn't buckler under pressure the appointment is just a means to get him believing in himself more, I have no issue with it.

Last edited:

Marki

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not a good decision when he hasn't laced a boot and played a minute in Bulldogs colours. Secondly he doesn't need this pressure cause if everything turns to shit , Crichton will cop it all.

Not sure if their is another ideal captain candidate cause Burton definitely isn't and Mahoney needs to be off the pressure cause he was very poor last year and need to get back to being dominate 9.
Should have been Hutch.
Experienced, mature, good voice, well respected, and plays in middle of the field.

Would have been like Kimmorley in 2009-10.

Nate DAWG

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I don’t like first season captains. In saying that Reed responded poorly to the role and Burton is not a leader. Critta is respected, is a winner, communicates well and I think he will respond positively to the role. I think this is the first ever Samoan captain of a doggies team too CHEEEEEEEE HUUUUUUUUUU!!

Marki

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hopefully this does not backfire . TBH that’s pretty poor decision making by our club .
The put the pressure on Burto and Mahoney last year and have taken it back off them . The captain should be Kikau simple . He is experienced and accomplished everything in the game .
A leader of the pack and a great role model .
Too quiet. Burton-like.
Not a good option.

The good options were Hutch and Mahoney. Chrichton is not the worst choice but I would have him behind those 2 above.

Not sure what kind of repoire he'd have with the refs or if he can sway them or at least keep them honest. He's definitely got the other captain attributes down pat.

djdeep4172

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Best move by the club
Watch the dogs let the pill do the talking and tackle everything that moves.
Top 4 here we come .

Nate DAWG

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Too quiet. Burton-like.
Not a good option.

The good options were Hutch and Mahoney. Chrichton is not the worst choice but I would have him behind those 2 above.

Not sure what kind of repoire he'd have with the refs or if he can sway them or at least keep them honest. He's definitely got the other captain attributes down pat.
IMO Reed overplayed his hand nearly every week because he was captain. The team and he is better off without the role. Hutch has all the leadership attributes but may not make the side with Sexton waiting in the wings

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I feel he’s been chosen as captain for now as well as into the future, to lead our young blokes as they come through .. Crichton will be here for years .. maybe not so the others ..