Official Ciraldo announces Crichton as new Club Captain, Expresses gratitude to Mahoney and Burton

berries1935

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bit torn about this. Burton and Mahoney didn’t handle it last year especially Mahoney, he was just over trying and over plying his hand..Burton isn’t a captain at all. Happy they can just concentrate on their own roles, Shame we didn’t have someone already in the club ready to go

Howie B

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think anyone who watched a single last game last year and doesn’t think this is a good move is a whack job.

Burton didn’t handle the extra responsibility. He went backwards.

Mahoney tried way too hard, overplayed his hand and had a crap year.

Total Fool

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
Good move by the club.

Surely Reed will be made VC.

Burton can barely string a sentence together, so he doesn’t need anymore burden except to focus on lifting his game to another level in 2024.

Well done Ciro

Brendan7

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think anyone who watched a single last game last year and doesn’t think this is a good move is a whack job.

Burton didn’t handle the extra responsibility. He went backwards.

Mahoney tried way too hard, overplayed his hand and had a crap year.
Agree although I wouldn't say Mahoney had a terrible year, just wasn't as attacking as he was for Parra. It would help if his second rowers and locks weren't missing a million tackles so he's flat out exhausted. Considering all thought he was good without being excellent.

Harry Oz

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Good move by the club.

Surely Reed will be made VC.

Burton can barely string a sentence together, so he doesn’t need anymore burden except to focus on lifting his game to another level in 2024.

Well done Ciro
Sends a clear message to all players and across the club.
This is a New Era.
New thinking.
New expectations.
Failure will not be accepted.