Official Ciraldo announces Crichton as new Club Captain, Expresses gratitude to Mahoney and Burton

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
That’s a surprising pick.. Lot of pressure on him early in his Bulldog career. Anyway, hopefully he’ll do a good job!

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Its generally unusual to appoint a new signing. Hopefully the playing group is also united behind him.

As someone said, he's a 3 time premiership player and a leader on the field.

craigo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Good decision. Especially if burton continues to be one of the worst play makers in the game. No reason for him not to be dropped now if he does shit bomb kicks all year

Mr Beast

Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Ciro knows him better than anyone here. I’m comfortable with the decision and glad Reed and Burton are no longer captains. Might even see the best of them know with less pressure.

DFLWatto

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
You are all overthinking it, it's irrelevant how long he has been at the dogs. We can all see how dedicated and passionate he is, everyone talks about how much of a freak he is at training, on the field. You can tell from any interaction with him in interviews and how vocal he is on the field, that he is the voice we need. This dude brings the hype and he is very professional. I can't wait to see what we can gain from this freak.

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Makes sense. You could see the toll the burden of captaincy was having on Mahoney, I felt that he was trying too hard at times. Burton just isn't a leader at this stage of his career.

DFLWatto

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
And lets be honest, Burton and Mahoney are not suited as captains, and there is no one else better at the club to be a leader.

dhoo8450

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Obviously bit of a risk and bold move but I reckon it will pay off. Reed couldn't handle the role and Burton can't handle tying his shoelaces.