Chasing Luai

battered sav

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
The Salmon signing is a curious one to me and wouldn't be surprised if it was a CC call. Have yet to see him fit seamlessly into the panther's attack. Admittedly I don't watch a lot of their games so could quite easily have missed what others have seen.

Snake

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
You guys are bonkers. Luia got game. He would make a great 7 and solve our playmaking problems. Biggest issue is he seems like a complete toss. Just watch his best man speech.

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
The reports of us chasing Luai to me this seems like absolute madness. Laui and Burton in the halves would never work. Unless we shift Burton out to left centre but I can’t see that happening unless he really flops again next year by which time Luai will already be signed.
Thoughts?
Luai will never leave the Panthers.

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
Here's an idea that would just about work, but we need to be prepared to do it...

We approach Penrith for a swap. Luai for Burton.

Penrith cannot afford to offer Luai even the 850k he is on. But we can.

If Burton is willing to take a good haircut and sever dissolve his contract with us and take up 500k at Penrith, I think it can happen.

The question is....will Penrith consider Burton at 500k??
Burton is still young. Many great halves only come into their best in their late twenties, We should allow him time to develop. He has potential.
Luai and Cleary are exceptions, but would be outside their comfort zones if they left Penrith. Luai was ordinary in SOO.

Have a look at the ages of the top halfbacks currently running around.

kmr07

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here's an idea that would just about work, but we need to be prepared to do it...

We approach Penrith for a swap. Luai for Burton.

Penrith cannot afford to offer Luai even the 850k he is on. But we can.

If Burton is willing to take a good haircut and sever dissolve his contract with us and take up 500k at Penrith, I think it can happen.

The question is....will Penrith consider Burton at 500k??
Don’t like this idea one bit. You put Burton outside Cleary in that Penrith system and he will be 10 times the player Luai is

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The reports of us chasing Luai to me this seems like absolute madness. Laui and Burton in the halves would never work. Unless we shift Burton out to left centre but I can’t see that happening unless he really flops again next year by which time Luai will already be signed.
Thoughts?
Assuming the rumour is true, it means this is how the spine and the backs could line up
1 Crichton
2 Kiraz
3 Burton
4 Xerri
5 JAC
6 Luai
7 Sexton
13 Salmon / Oloapu
14 Taaffe

Personally I don't think it'll happen, even if we sign SST it wouldn't be enough, we need Tino or Haas !!!
The question is, who will be sacrificed for it to happen ?

Shreksno1

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I’d take him. The hate would have heads exploding with him in our colours. He thrives off that shit, has that bulldog dna that ciraldos trying to inject into **** like perhaps

CCC

Kennel Established
Reaction score
1 Crichton
2 Skelton
3 Burton
4 Xerri
5 JAC
6 Luai
7 Sexton
13 Salmon / Oloapu
14 Taaffe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Averillo would have done just as good a job for us at 6 as Luai would, and for 1/2 the price and he’s faster …

No one’s playing their best game until we plug our middle and we get a couple of big powerful props rolling us forward .. SST is a great buy if he can stay healthy .. we need at least 1 more …

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Luai got off with a fine for his hit on NAS lol

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Was that the hit from yesterday? That was worse than what Fotuaika got sent off for lol
It's probably been the worst high tackle of the round and he gets off with a fine

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
The Salmon signing is a curious one to me and wouldn't be surprised if it was a CC call. Have yet to see him fit seamlessly into the panther's attack. Admittedly I don't watch a lot of their games so could quite easily have missed what others have seen.
Gus has always wanted to sign Salmon. He said so on his podcast.