CENTRE COPS UNWANTED NICKNAME

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Just throw him on the wing, that's were he was when he won the comp with manly in 2011 and that's where he played in origin.
It doesn't matter if he doesn't have pace for a winger, our wingers don't get the ball in open space anyway so what's the difference.

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Someone in the know posted that Dean Pay handed a derogatory nick name to a player, even worse it was someone he signed. The joint needs a real ass kicker to get some of these guys into line, the culture of the place has been fucked for years.
Too right brother. The fact that anyone involved in our current first grade squad feels they are in a position to be critical of other players just highlights how bad our culture has become.

Dogs79

Kennel Established
Reaction score
its the last stat line of missed tackles that is damning - he averaging 4 a game.
For sure mate, it’s a terrible stat. I’m looking at the wording saying that it’s more about this player not moving, spending 80min like a statue. Hammers stats suggest that it could be him averaging around 6 runs and 9 tackles per game. But Hoppa missing 4 each game certainly suggests he is as useful as a statue out in the centres. Either way, both players are capable of better I think and these stats show how poor they have been.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Newcastle were successful from the mid 90's to mid 00's when Joey, Buderus, Kennedy, Gidley, Tahu etc were there. They won the ARL in 97 and beat Parra in 2001.

Plus they've been much better than us the last several seasons. Our last dominant period was the 80's through to 2004. Since then we've been just another club.
They've won like two comps..

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
They were only started in 1988. We've won three comps in that time (1988,1995, 2004).
So like I said, not successful like us.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
1 and a half comps really. No way they win in 1997 in a unified competition, the Broncos were too hot to handle in those days.
I agree. But these millenials need a history lesson. You and I know that Newcastle were a constant finals force all those years with Joey, Kennedy, Buderus, Gidley, Tahu, Mad Dog etc.

TABOO

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Too right brother. The fact that anyone involved in our current first grade squad feels they are in a position to be critical of other players just highlights how bad our culture has become.
It's concerning that players would be talking about their own team mates like that for starters. Most of the team are playing pretty poorly and yes if it is about Hoppa, he has been especially bad but they are supposed to be a team.
Calling someone a statue behind closed doors is one thing but letting it out to the public is even worse. As bad as hoppa has been, I hope it's not about him because that suggests bad culture.

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I agree. But these millenials need a history lesson. You and I know that Newcastle were a constant finals force all those years with Joey, Kennedy, Buderus, Gidley, Tahu, Mad Dog etc.
And one of the most entertaining too.

JackDog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's concerning that players would be talking about their own team mates like that for starters. Most of the team are playing pretty poorly and yes if it is about Hoppa, he has been especially bad but they are supposed to be a team.
Calling someone a statue behind closed doors is one thing but letting it out to the public is even worse. As bad as hoppa has been, I hope it's not about him because that suggests bad culture.
This assumes that it’s actually true. Wouldn’t be the first time a grub from the papers made shit up

TABOO

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
This assumes that it’s actually true. Wouldn’t be the first time a grub from the papers made shit up
Agree, that's why I said 'if it's about Hoppa'. Could be possible either way.

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Can only be Esan Masters , Fidow, Suli, Parker or Hoppa.

Have to say, a useless article, media is scraping the bottom of the barrel...

Powerslide

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Seeing that Masters has been dropped I think it’s likely Masters.... but it being Hoppa was a good story.