CENTRE COPS UNWANTED NICKNAME

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
CENTRE COPS UNWANTED NICKNAME
Which talented NRL centre has been nicknamed 'The Statue' by bemused teammates?

Sadly, it's not because he resembles Cam Smith or Wally Lewis - it's because he appears to spend much of the 80 minutes barely moving.

Here's a clue as to his identity - his team has yet to win a game.
Taken straight from the kennel, not his team mates.

Powerslide

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hoppa would be more of a Leaning Tower of Pisa.

Everytime he gets side steped he just leans to the side

I was think more of a starfish, he leans in the direction of the gap on one leg with both arms out in the classic starfish pose maybe he should be called Patrick the Starfish...

My Shawarma

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
He is either a winger or fullback. Barrett needs to pick him in his best position.

mikey

Kennel Established
Reaction score
You cant even call him a turnstile at this point as a turnstile requires to be touched for it to spin.....i dont think Hoppa is even getting a hand on opponents as they run past & around him this season!!
I have been a long time supporter of Hoppa but his time is well & truly past. We would be better served by having one of the young guys there even if the result is the same he will be learning & getting better for upcoming seasons(hopefully). Hoppa's time is sadly past...
I said this a while ago that the game is too fast for him now.he has given us great service but it’s no coincidence opposing teams have a ver simple game plan attack hoppa he is too slow.get on his outside and there are points.
Newcastle,Penrith and farnsworth targeted him last week and found points.luckily he is off contract this year and hopefully schouppe gets his chance

Dannyboi88

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I do t think anyone in this team has the right to call anyone statue to be honest they all just turn up

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I reckon trents plan now is to have corey allan to replace hoppa

Reactions: DT