Celebration after game!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Berries

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
To all those who said Belmore Oval is done and dusted and that ANZ is this and that. They pay the Bulldogs, blah blah blah.

Well, GET THAT INTO YA! That atmosphere cannot be bought!
Mate it was a 20 years gap, there was a reason they gave it up, its a dump

Fruitty Pebbles

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
[video=youtube;gdayyH3VPmE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gdayyH3VPmE&feature=youtu.be[/video]
Goosebumps. Was there with my wife and brother. AMAZING NIGHT. the boys put in a massive effort.

#proudtobeabulldog

jpneves

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Only one thing could beat that. The boys doing that song on gf night with the provan/summons cup in front

Boxer

THE BOSS
Reaction score
Mate it was a 20 years gap, there was a reason they gave it up, its a dump
Sour puss , it was a great night we won and the whole stadium was blue and white it can't get better

Berries

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Sour puss , it was a great night we won and the whole stadium was blue and white it can't get better
Just saying, I loved the night but there was a reason we gave it up. It makes parramatta stadium look like Old Trafford

pupmichelle

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just saying, I loved the night but there was a reason we gave it up. It makes parramatta stadium look like Old Trafford
LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

You got no idea, but than again you are definitely not a true supporter, so go put on your red devils scarf and join the bandwagon

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
There was a carnival atmosphere from the moment you walked in there.. what a great bunch of supporters the Dogs have

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
The tv showed people watching from roof tops, tree tops, from the balconies outside the stadium.

Unreal.

Owey

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

You got no idea, but than again you are definitely not a true supporter, so go put on your red devils scarf and join the bandwagon
The guy is a mod here, he has a great posting history, he ain't no bandwagoner. What I got from what he said was that the ground and the area is not up to the NRL standards for continuous use. Just ask DoggiesUnited about his night.

Yes, the atmosphere was awesome last night, because it was a special occasion. But using the facilities week in week out, lining up for food and the quality of the stands leaves a lot to be desired. Having said that, the club needs to continue having a game or 2 a season held here. It is, after all, out spiritual home.

Hopefully there are young ones who attended, that will remember with great fondness the memory of last night, just as I do of Belmore 17+ years ago.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I think a couple of games a year is the way to go.

The ground/crowd looked great on tv, and it definitely brought back memories, but week to week a little suburban ground doesn't really cut it when we are striving to be Sydney's premier NRL club.

Great win Btw.

nassman

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I fail to see how it's any different from kogerah tbh, with the exception of a couple thousand seats and a bigger screen.

Everyone who complains about the facilities needs to harden the **** up seriously. I'd take that atmosphere of belmore over a quicker beer at ANZ any day.

Fair enough it's not big enough when we play the sydney teams but melb, titans, nq, even broncos and canberra, those games should be played there.

The argument regarding crowd numbers is irrelevant, we have more ticketed members now than what our average attendance was 20 years ago. Those guys aren't going to miss belmore games.

The money arguement I believe is also negated somewhat due to the number of muppets that are going to the leagues club after the game and feeding the pokies.

The only real issue is weather, as ANZ can accommodate everyone undercover, but astroturf would solve the mud issue, we just need to invent a plastic like cover that you can wear over your clothes..

doggedforlife

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Goosebumps. Was there with my wife and brother. AMAZING NIGHT. the boys put in a massive effort.

#proudtobeabulldog

wow that was special ... agree had goosebumps watching that ..... what a nite , close to feeling like a premiership win ... heres hoping .....

GO
YOU MIGHTY DOGS ..........................

man bear pig

Waterboy
Reaction score
Celebrations went the whole way home on the train from belmore back to Campbelltown.couple the boys I went with spoke to the guard on the train n I have a video of the announcement over the train system he reads out all the stops and says "next stop Cabramatta and by popular request this whole train goes for the DOGGIES!!"...what a hektik night atmosphere of the whole night topped any game I've ever been to including the grand final last year by far..what a experience!

Mr Beast

Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
This is why the Bulldogs wins fans, I don't see any other club doing what we do. The team song is shared with fans is such an expression of proudness

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
It was a proud moment what a feeling that was seeing the boys and the crowd going off
Mate, not even GF 2004 topped that for me atmosphere wise. The only other live NRL competition game that comes to mind was the final one at the Showground vs. the Broncos after we got done for the salary cap. Pitch invasion of massive proportions that night!

Being back at Belmore made it just so much more special and it is a feeling that I will never forget. I hope that the Gummies game will be as special if not more so.

Status
Not open for further replies.