Cap Situation

Malla

Reaction score
Jmk never played a game of ISP for us. He played one trial then made our first grade side all year pretty much.
Sorry I meant to say Woolford not JMK, hence why I thought we should have kept Woolford as opposed to letting Knights sign him.

Malla

Reaction score
I really had big hopes for woolford. Most disappointing loss of 2018. Was literally our only hope for a natural hooker coming through.
Yep, he did really well in the ISP as well - we won the comp largely on the back of his play at hooker. Thought he was headed to England to play with his old man then out of no where Knights picked him up... leads me to believe that Doggies didn't even offer him anything lol.

Also on the Centre position, I think we have a gold in the tough in Harper. He might not begin the season well but I reckon he might turn into something good. No need to splurge on a centre, just let this guy make the centre position his own and we will reap the benefits.

Mackdoggies

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Also on the Centre position, I think we have a gold in the tough in Harper. He might not begin the season well but I reckon he might turn into something good.
I honestly don’t rate Harper. He did one great strip to win the gf. I have a lot more interest in Okunbor. He has way more first grade potential. All the benefits of Idris but not a lazy turd!

Malla

Reaction score
I honestly don’t rate Harper. He did one great strip to win the gf. I have a lot more interest in Okunbor. He has way more first grade potential. All the benefits of Idris but not a lazy turd!
He is a good centre imo. His positional play is good and he is a good defender. Look at the lead up work before the strip, he sprinted out of the line to chase the kick when everyone else was lagging. I like Harpers attitude, and I just think he might be able to really step it up if he gets given the opportunity. Lachlan Lewis showed nothing in ISP but in first grade he just felt at home, I think Harper deserves that change.

Okunbor is lazy af, i went to a lot of ISP games last season, the guy gets gassed out mid way through each half, doesnt chase kicks as good and gets caught on an island on the wing.

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
What someone else said in another thread has rang bells.

Get on the blower too that staggs from broncos. No way he’s in the 17 right now and with the coaching shit fight there he could be easily tempted. Offer him Starting centre, solid contract and if we can land him and Napa out of klemmera shit fight then we have done very well.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
There is. But hopefully he steps up. He showed glimpses when he had some consistent run last season and that experience will hopefully hold him in good stead. He just needs to put it all together and hopefully having an established role helps his confidence.

He seems like he could be a Luke Patten type of player. If he's more Brad Abbey than the General then the club should definitely look at alternatives from within or other clubs.
If he fails then we 100% should offer Brimson some decent coin and get him out of the Gold Coast

iDoggiesFan

Kennel Established
Reaction score
What someone else said in another thread has rang bells.

Get on the blower too that staggs from broncos. No way he’s in the 17 right now and with the coaching shit fight there he could be easily tempted. Offer him Starting centre, solid contract and if we can land him and Napa out of klemmera shit fight then we have done very well.
I definitely like the idea of Staggs but feel the Bronx would be more inclined to let Jack Bird go before him. Bird’s clearly not happy up North and is on big $$$ so I wouldn’t be surprised to see him leave Brisbane...

Could he be an option for us?? We’ve seen what he can do on the field and when he’s on, he’s the strike weapon we desperately need.

He would obviously command a decent pay cheque and from what I’ve heard can be a bit of a tosser at times, but he has all the talent in the world and could find his best with a return to Sydney.

Last edited:

JUNKYARD DOGS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I definitely like the idea of Staggs but feel the Bronx would be more inclined to let Jack Bird go before him. Bird’s clearly not happy up North and is on big $$$ so I wouldn’t be surprised to see him leave Brisbane...

Could he be an option for us?? We’ve seen what he can do on the field and when he’s on, he’s the strike weapon we desperately need.

He would obviously command a decent pay check and from what I’ve heard can be a bit of a tosser at times, but he has all the talent in the world and could find his best with a return to Sydney.
Never came to mind to be honest. He has definitley been out of the spotlight in Brisbane (Been injured i know) but who knows I guess, cant see us snagging him...? Imagine if we could though woudl change alot of our doubters.
Would think if Broncs wanted him out we'd have enough in the bank to split the difference.

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
Nah I reckon bird won’t be released broncos would be admitting a complete balls up having on huge bucks without getting a second season and just shit out of him.

Staggs wouldn’t be in their top 17.

Could be dirty with Wayne going. Though more importantly the fact he’s outside top 17 and could get the starting centre spot plus a substantial pay increase!

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
You might be right. Maybe Harper and CHN will be options at centre to start the season?

But another full season of Lichaa scares the shit out of me.
Holland will have one of the centre spots to start the season for sure.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Holland will have one of the centre spots to start the season for sure.
Probably. He was surprisingly good last season. He could also play on the wing with CHN in the centres.

I don't rate Chrichton that much and think he should have to prove himself and Holland earned a spot somewhere in the backline.

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Probably. He was surprisingly good last season. He could also play on the wing with CHN in the centres.

I don't rate Chrichton that much and think he should have to prove himself and Holland earned a spot somewhere in the backline.
2018 was Holland's best season in the blue and white thus far. Let's hope he goes to another level in 2019.

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score

I reckon chrictons a decent pick up and easy our best winger with smith

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
Fuck sj would of been nice.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I reckon chrictons a decent pick up and easy our best winger with smith
Hopefully you're right. He wasn't that strong, isn't that big and isn't that fast. He wasn't bad but didn't show much at Penrith but he is still very young so hopefully he improves this season.