Cap Situation

Turvey Chip and Chase

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
What someone else said in another thread has rang bells.

Get on the blower too that staggs from broncos. No way he’s in the 17 right now and with the coaching shit fight there he could be easily tempted. Offer him Starting centre, solid contract and if we can land him and Napa out of klemmera shit fight then we have done very well.
THIS

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
Hopefully you're right. He wasn't that strong, isn't that big and isn't that fast. He wasn't bad but didn't show much at Penrith but he is still very young so hopefully he improves this season.
Wouldn’t say he’s not that strong mate panthers nicknamed him the Samoan sauce or some shit to say he’s as strong as mansour.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
What part of "moving forward" don't you understand?

You're missing the point. I'm saying let's move on and forward.

Hopefully we don't have to be a basketcase club anymore that auctions off our key assets. Hopefully those days are over.

Hopefully now we can talk about players we'll gain instead of key representative players we have to replace. Hopefully the club MOVING FORWARD can reassure some fans that all of this player turnover will be worth it.

Generally in a position such as CEO or Chairman of a football club, you have a duty to address your fanbase and the media every now and then. I apologise for suggesting that they do that.
How long have you been following the bulldogs mate?? We are not now, and have never been a basket case. We are just reahaping our team while getting rid of the stooges who were running the club.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
How long have you been following the bulldogs mate?? We are not now, and have never been a basket case. We are just reahaping our team while getting rid of the stooges who were running the club.
Over 30 years. Up until the last five years, we were always the stable, consistent and well run club other clubs envied.

I'd say losing most of our best talent during that time and having the boardroom dramas borders on basketcase status though.

Or do you think turning over half your roster, still trying to get rid of dead weight like Foran while switching boards and coaches, 125k fines etc represents stability?

The fact is the previous mob ran the club into the ground. Hence the basketcase reference. I'm not saying we're a basketcase now but if you don't think the clubs profile and reputation amongst other players and managers then you're sorely mistaken.

Last year was a positive one performance wise and in terms of unearthing talent, despite the circus around the club they had to deal with...

Hopefully it's all behind us but please don't try and sell us all a story that everything has been smooth sailing the last few years.

DoggyStyla

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Over 30 years. Up until the last five years, we were always the stable, consistent and well run club other clubs envied.

I'd say losing most of our best talent during that time and having the boardroom dramas borders on basketcase status though.

Or do you think turning over half your roster, still trying to get rid of dead weight like Foran while switching boards and coaches, 125k fines etc represents stability?

The fact is the previous mob ran the club into the ground. Hence the basketcase reference. I'm not saying we're a basketcase now but if you don't think the clubs profile and reputation amongst other players and managers then you're sorely mistaken.

Last year was a positive one performance wise and in terms of unearthing talent, despite the circus around the club they had to deal with...

Hopefully it's all behind us but please don't try and sell us all a story that everything has been smooth sailing the last few years.
Foran will be it and have a killer year..

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Whatever any of us think of the Klemmer/Napa situation, at least its confirmed now. What remains unknown is how much Napa was signed for, how much cap space the club actually has short term and how much we project to have in a year or two.

Will there be more signings? A strike outside back is desperately needed as is a hooker. We can't have Lichaa play 24 more games and expect to be a well oiled machine.

Ideally long term a partner for Lewis is needed also.

What moves do you think the club should make short term and who knows what the current cap situation is?

Hopefully now that this saga is resolved, they can shore up other positions that need addressing as soon as possible.

I think after being put through the emotional ringer as a fanbase for years now, moving forward Hill and the Andersons owe it to us to be a bit more vocal and honest and stop the subterfuge.
Unfortunately there isnt much at our club this season thats attractive for recruits..

Rookie coach.. At best an uproven roster thats being nice.. Unproven halves.. A spine that hadnt fired yet.. Forward pack thats just lost Klemmer.. No TPAs..

Unless we pay overs like the 2mill being reported for Napa we look like we will be struggling unless these kids and rookies in our squad all click & fire..

Betting odds dont mean much but there is a reason betting agencys have us as favourite for the spoon..