News Canterbury In Box Seat To Sign Connor Tracey From Cronulla Sharks

Magic Burton

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Gabrael is on development. NRL 2025.

We still have to release someone from the Top 30 either to Cronulla or another club?

RFM was banned for a whole one training session. Couldn't remove him.

Sutton is here for another 2 years.

Oloapu has 3 years left. He doesn't want to be retired off. We can easily sell off Oloapu and if we didn't pay the transfer fee we can easily sell him to Titans or Dolphins under the guise of home sickness. We paid the transfer fee.

Those 3 being move on failed.

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Well fuck, I was sure you were wrong and I went and looked it up.. you’re right lol

There you go, I’ve never seen old mate play then
Both are quick, but smaller frames - Danny improved his defense significantly through the season.

Total Fool

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
Gabrael is on development. NRL 2025.

We still have to release someone from the Top 30 either to Cronulla or another club?

RFM was banned for a whole one training session. Couldn't remove him.

Sutton is here for another 2 years.

Oloapu has 3 years left. He doesn't want to be retired off. We can easily sell off Oloapu and if we didn't pay the transfer fee we can easily sell him to Titans or Dolphins under the guise of home sickness. We paid the transfer fee.

Those 3 being move on failed.
Mate…. how many times are you going to repeat yourself ffs?

If true the signing of Tracey, then the NRL obviously has no issue with it & YES, we are full in our Top 30!

RFM is back training.. Correct?
Sutton is still here for 2 more year & is training.. correct?

Oloapu crap is just BS from yourself over trying to cut him! Unless the Doc’s can’t help him & he can’t play another game again, then Gus should be asking the NRL to medically retire him as any other club boss would do

CQDog

Kennel Legend
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
So glad we didn’t give up a forward. Outside back stocks are pretty filled up so shouldn’t be a huge loss

InGusWeTrust

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
When I read that we sent them a “young star” I was worried. When I read it was M. Gabrael, I was not so worried. You take a proven NRL quality player over potential every day. As we know too well with Alamoti, a good lower grades kid isn’t automatically going to be good in NRL. Gabrael came with hype from Parra but seemed to drop in the pecking order after a while. We have Samrani and others anyway.

Tracey again fits that mold of players Gusraldo are wanting. Tough and hard working. More great business by Gusraldo. Suffer in ya jocks clowns.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Dogs gave up Michael Gabrael and signed Connor Tracey confirmed.
Happy to have Tracey. Not real happy about losing Gabrael though he looks to have a real promising future. In saying that both he and Kayal Iro prefer left centre so more backline positional issues for Sharks in future. Be interesting to see if they finally have the balls to move Talakai.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Did we really give up Michael Gabrael in return, poor move imo.
With Crichton, JAC, Xerri, Tracey and Kiraz we don't need him. Wilson as well. We have time to find a new understudy.

InGusWeTrust

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I’d prob have Tracey at fullback over taffee after seeing him play there for sharks.
I would of liked to see Wilson play more fb though
They’ve earmarked Toffee to play halfback. I’d say he’ll start next season as reggies hb, with Sextonne in NRL.

BDPScarface

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I like kiraz but I think this is the end for him.Ive had my doubts he's physically up for sustained first grade appearances. And I suspect Gould does too