News Canterbury head of football Phil Gould has been caught in another clandestine meeting, this time with a potential signing — New Zealand Warriors forwa

Sue

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
think it was 1 mil a season but manu aint leaving roosters
Probably not since Uncle Nick has probably secured Joey a nice penthouse overlooking Bondi Beach or somewhere in the Eastern suburbs

Magic Burton

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I love how our fans think we are better than Dragon/Tiger atm. Only marginally if so
Dragons have the real deal as a coach. Flanagan is taking a different approach to Gould. He's prepared to invest in the current roster. He only wants to make 3-4 changes per season. He won't be doing massive overhauls every year. Flanagan is in clear control there. Only one previous Saints coach was afforded that. They learned from mistakes. They ended up with the right coach. They destroyed the 2023-24 seasons to get to the right coach.

Marshall will be big success or massive failure as coach. I am seeing one good thing in all the Luai stuff at Tigers. Marshall is the only person involved. That club has had a habit of too many fingers in the pie too many people wanting the spotlight. If Marshall can sideline Farah from backstabbing another coach and silence the Balmain legends who love seeing their names in print he can do well.

We have a lot of challenges ahead for us as a club. Our signings except for Crichton are all 2 year prospects with massive gamble taken on Xerri. This brings us to another cycle of high turnover end of 2025. We already know several of the 2024 off contract batch we and they would already know they won't be retained long before trials start.

Question marks surrounds our coach. He will be given time. He doesn't deliver in 2025 he's out the door.

We need to start being more stable with our roster.

Nate DAWG

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Keep your friends close but enemies closer.
I have tentacles in all 16 other teams business. Best way to conduct business and security

Btw while I got ur attention,
I am thinking of getting one of those Samoan tattoos up my arms. Like AFB do.
Do you know any tattooists that are hood at Samoan Tatts?
I am hoping to have the design and some gangsta quote underneath in Samoan like ‘death b4 dishonour’ or ‘only God can judge me’ or ‘ftw’ etc
Only non Samoans with a connection to culture should get Samoan tattoos. It’s up to the tufuga (tattooist) if it is all good. I wouldn’t advise it. AFB is Tongan and has Tongan tattoos

Malla

Reaction score
If Tigers get AFB surely Stefano would want out then?
Either way I see Dogs more desperate than Dragons and Tigers. Both have good packs tbh. Ours is shit

sorry @TwinTurbo if that was too negative for you

dekepefc

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dragons have the real deal as a coach. Flanagan is taking a different approach to Gould. He's prepared to invest in the current roster. He only wants to make 3-4 changes per season. He won't be doing massive overhauls every year. Flanagan is in clear control there. Only one previous Saints coach was afforded that. They learned from mistakes. They ended up with the right coach. They destroyed the 2023-24 seasons to get to the right coach.

Marshall will be big success or massive failure as coach. I am seeing one good thing in all the Luai stuff at Tigers. Marshall is the only person involved. That club has had a habit of too many fingers in the pie too many people wanting the spotlight. If Marshall can sideline Farah from backstabbing another coach and silence the Balmain legends who love seeing their names in print he can do well.

We have a lot of challenges ahead for us as a club. Our signings except for Crichton are all 2 year prospects with massive gamble taken on Xerri. This brings us to another cycle of high turnover end of 2025. We already know several of the 2024 off contract batch we and they would already know they won't be retained long before trials start.

Question marks surrounds our coach. He will be given time. He doesn't deliver in 2025 he's out the door.

We need to start being more stable with our roster.
If dragons suck again next year, which I predict they will.. Flanagan will completely blow up the roster too.. at the moment they can't attract players so he doesn't have much choice but to back what he has.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Only non Samoans with a connection to culture should get Samoan tattoos. It’s up to the tufuga (tattooist) if it is all good. I wouldn’t advise it. AFB is Tongan and has Tongan tattoos
Tongan and Samoan tattooos look similar to me.
Was thinking the Samoan chicks might dig it

Dog Tired

New Pup
Reaction score
I'll put my hand up and say that while AFB no doubt improves this team, the lack of a proper spine especially in the halves and FB is the single most important issue at the club.

An international forward pack behind our spine would still struggle to make the top 8.

Just let that sink in
This may be the problem. We actually want our spine behind the forward pack.

Magic Burton

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Keep your friends close but enemies closer.
I have tentacles in all 16 other teams business. Best way to conduct business and security

Btw while I got ur attention,
I am thinking of getting one of those Samoan tattoos up my arms. Like AFB do.
Do you know any tattooists that are hood at Samoan Tatts?
I am hoping to have the design and some gangsta quote underneath in Samoan like ‘death b4 dishonour’ or ‘only God can judge me’ or ‘ftw’ etc
@Nasheed I can see you follow closely the workings of the other 16 clubs. I like to see your break down of them all.

Where a challenge for us is I look at the 9 clubs who missed the semi finals.

Souths had off field issues that flowed to on field performances. They have too much talent.

Parramatta didn't get retentions right and suffered as a result. They do have good props and good halves. I think they have a good fullback and why they want to move him from there I don't know. Will beat Penrith during regular season. Will smash up clubs not as good as them. How they handle everything else who knows.

North QLD. 2022 they over achieved. 2023 they under achieved. They have Queensland state of origin stars. Not a bottom 4 side. Not a top 4 side.

Manly. Starts with Turbo. Ends with Turbo. It all hinges on Turbo. I think they made some good signings.

Redcliffe. Will be better for having that first year. Showed incredible character not to panic when missing out on players. Threw 7 rookies into Top 30 for 2023 and 2 moved back to development in 2024. So they showed shrewd cap management. Picked up 2 gems. Signed one of our best from 2023. I can see their management is in good order.

Gold Coast. How the Holbrook sacking and Hasler signing never got leaked was never seen before. This shows front office is in shape. Hasler won't mess around. He's there to win NRL games. They have other people controlling the grassroots. Hasler will be perfect for Tino.

Dragons. Best thing they done was get Flanagan. Best thing Flanagan is doing is not hitting panic buttons and will make small changes to the roster every year. He's building a club. Dragons learned from mistakes. He's just the 2nd coach to be given control. They will win 2-3 games in 2024. Flanagan isn't going to panic.

Wests Tigers. Marshall has showed authority by pushing others into the background.

The coaches of Redcliffe, Gold Coast, Dragons and Wests have authority. Our coach doesn't.

For us to make the 8 we have to knock off the above sides who either have the talent or lifted their games.

Canberra will come 2nd last. They are headed for a massive fall.

Warriors will be a one year wonder team.

Souths will be back in the 8.

One of the other 9 sides will join them. Who's in the best position?

Nate DAWG

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
@Nasheed I can see you follow closely the workings of the other 16 clubs. I like to see your break down of them all.

Where a challenge for us is I look at the 9 clubs who missed the semi finals.

Souths had off field issues that flowed to on field performances. They have too much talent.

Parramatta didn't get retentions right and suffered as a result. They do have good props and good halves. I think they have a good fullback and why they want to move him from there I don't know. Will beat Penrith during regular season. Will smash up clubs not as good as them. How they handle everything else who knows.

North QLD. 2022 they over achieved. 2023 they under achieved. They have Queensland state of origin stars. Not a bottom 4 side. Not a top 4 side.

Manly. Starts with Turbo. Ends with Turbo. It all hinges on Turbo. I think they made some good signings.

Redcliffe. Will be better for having that first year. Showed incredible character not to panic when missing out on players. Threw 7 rookies into Top 30 for 2023 and 2 moved back to development in 2024. So they showed shrewd cap management. Picked up 2 gems. Signed one of our best from 2023. I can see their management is in good order.

Gold Coast. How the Holbrook sacking and Hasler signing never got leaked was never seen before. This shows front office is in shape. Hasler won't mess around. He's there to win NRL games. They have other people controlling the grassroots. Hasler will be perfect for Tino.

Dragons. Best thing they done was get Flanagan. Best thing Flanagan is doing is not hitting panic buttons and will make small changes to the roster every year. He's building a club. Dragons learned from mistakes. He's just the 2nd coach to be given control. They will win 2-3 games in 2024. Flanagan isn't going to panic.

Wests Tigers. Marshall has showed authority by pushing others into the background.

The coaches of Redcliffe, Gold Coast, Dragons and Wests have authority. Our coach doesn't.

For us to make the 8 we have to knock off the above sides who either have the talent or lifted their games.

Canberra will come 2nd last. They are headed for a massive fall.

Warriors will be a one year wonder team.

Souths will be back in the 8.

One of the other 9 sides will join them. Who's in the best position?
1700873112076.gif

Magic Burton

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If dragons suck again next year, which I predict they will.. Flanagan will completely blow up the roster too.. at the moment they can't attract players so he doesn't have much choice but to back what he has.
They will only win 2-3 games next year. All a club needs is 3-4 changes per year. Brisbane only signed 4 players. It was the right 4. They got rid of 4 toxic players Lodge, TPJ, Gamble and Oloapu.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
If Gus pulls off this signing, will he get due kudos from his haters on here?
Nope, they will say he paid too much or some dribble like that.