News Canterbury chairman John Khoury urges fans to be ‘patient’ with new-look Bulldogs

AlzzBulldog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
comps arent won in trial games, coaches have a certain approach and goals they want to achieve from them. what were manly last year? 0-4 or something like that, we are trusting that TB has a plan in place. TB is my biggest issue not the roster, is he good enough, i hope so and trust he is
I think he has good football knowledge, just want to see it on the field

Magilla

Kennel Established
Reaction score
It's not even Round 1 and the Chairman already has to address performances. That doesn't bode well for the rest of the season or for Barrett because the media won't let up if we start off the season slowly.
Actually John had to say something to appease the supporters who are death riding the team after a trial loss. I was disappointed but I've been around long enough to know that trials are just that. Some people need to chill.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
It's not even Round 1 and the Chairman already has to address performances. That doesn't bode well for the rest of the season or for Barrett because the media won't let up if we start off the season slowly.
Fuck the media. Who cares what they say. What's really concerning is our own fans turning on the coach and the players after a poor trial showing. No wonder Khoury is addressing us fans already.

Magilla

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Im backing him to sink... 2 years running and the bloke still cant put a team together.
Speak for yourself but I definitely wasn’t
And what’s that got to do with the fitzy coached Cronulla and how quick he’s turned them around ?
Turned them around!!! They missed the 8 by a bees dick last year. They bought in Hynes who played a pretty good game.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Actually John had to say something to appease the supporters who are death riding the team after a trial loss. I was disappointed but I've been around long enough to know that trials are just that. Some people need to chill.
He didn't have to say anything because like you said it's just a trial. Even though there are concerning signs, there's no point addressing this publicly yet. The only reason you would is if there's some truth to it and you want to get out in front of it.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Fuck the media. Who cares what they say. What's really concerning is our own fans turning on the coach and the players after a poor trial showing. No wonder Khoury is addressing us fans already.
We don't care what the media say but we all know they love negative stories about our club and would rather see us fail than succeed. So you can guarantee that with every loss and the further we are down the ladder, the more they'll post a shitload of stories about Baz's job security and how this player was a shit signing etc.

Khoury or Gus don't have to address the fans concerns after one pre season game. If they did, they'd be releasing a statement every day during the season. Since when do they care about how fans overreact to a loss? Especially a pre season loss. Like I said earlier, the fact that they're addressing this to me suggests that Baz's job security is even more tenuous than we thought.

Marki

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Heres a question....not sure if it needs a new thread....

If we play well against the Cowboys but still come up short, would you be happy we played well or disappointed we didnt win?

Total Fool

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
Heres a question....not sure if it needs a new thread....

If we play well against the Cowboys but still come up short, would you be happy we played well or disappointed we didnt win?
I’d blame fwit Dessy for the loss

Dawain87

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sadly as fans we are use to seeing a big loss followed by more losses so it's no surprise seeing the amount of anger over our last performance.
I dont blame anyone for being angry.

Im glad we got that loss out of the way cause it will make the boys hungrier for that win. We have the team to beat the Cows and Broncs and can put up a fight in the other games. we just need confidence and our 1st game will be the real tester not a glorified training run.

Rassayri

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Khoury putting out a statement like this at the start of a season trail match shows me that we have a problem we have a big problem I wonder if Gus even knew he was doing this seems very unprofessional to me

Benno Bulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Fuck i hope TB s foxing with Avo at 1st receiver cause this kid hasn't got what it takes bite the bullet and let Burton run the side
yeh I Agree Burton didn't seem to be playing a half role, not sure how it looks, I really like Avo im a fan but the kid hates beeing rushed and doesn't have the time and position the other half backs have, he gets caught out on plays and kicks and constantly going the wrong way, he needs more confidence in this half back role.

Philmus

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Canterbury faces a horrid draw over the opening eight games, playing North Queensland, Brisbane, Manly, Melbourne, Penrith, Souths, Brisbane and then the Roosters.

Worst case 0-8
Best case 2-6 (we fluke a win against NQLD and BRI)
0-8 and Baz is gone i reckon. 2-6 and he's clinging onto the job pending a few more weeks results

Philmus

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
You have one Job Khoury... Find a better coach! One that knows how to spot talent and place it in its correct position.
easier said than done, all the top tier coaches are on contract elsewhere and whats out there is either mediocrity or untried assistant coaches

Philmus

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
You had two teams with new personel take the field last night, one with a brand new coach....Cronulla didn't need time to gel to demolish us. They just fucking did it!!! They wanted it more and we were a fucking shambles. That is the difference between a well drilled side and one that has no clue.
100%. So what if Cronulla had new players? they played like professional sportsmen (which they fucking are) and everyone just did their job for the team, nailed the 1%ers and they absolutely bent us over, compared to the cattle we had who played like an absolute rabble. that's the difference here, there seems to be a complete lack of professionalism in our squad. The team selection for one (which starts with the fucking coach), everything Okunbor does is amateurish, TPJ losing his cool, Jackson getting in the way when the ball is meant to go to halves and then dropping it more than once, poor service from dummy half and poor decision making as to who to pass the ball to in an attacking scenario, the countless knock ons, pushing offloads to nobody, players running in out of position in defence and having no clue when to jump for bombs, falling off tackles and shirt grabbing, the incorrect play the balls.... its shit that shouldnt be happening in first grade and does not occur anywhere near as often in the other 15 first grade squads except ours. Until they start playing like the fucking 'professional athletes' they're employed to be, nothing will change and we'll continue on the same path we've been on for 8 years

Philmus

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bar one coach fuck I hate to say this but Shane Flanagan is proven down the stretch a hard nosed coach might be exactly what we need
yeah until he picks his shit for brains son/daughter (no clue what he identifies as now) every week to start at 7

Rassayri

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
yeah until he picks his shit for brains son/daughter (no clue what he identifies as now) every week to start at 7
Gus will fire the son and hire the dad so that way he won’t be in the team to pick him plus won’t they together at the Sharks he wasn’t picked then so why would he pick him now

Total Fool

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
I blame our so called state of the art gym…. It’s more like Monkey Mania that place with the imbecile’s we have!

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Gus will fire the son and hire the dad so that way he won’t be in the team to pick him plus won’t they together at the Sharks he wasn’t picked then so why would he pick him now
Flanno senior knew Kyle wasn't ready for first grade that's why he didn't pick him....he wanted to protect him.