Canterbury Bulldogs teammates hold out hope Trent Hodkinson will stay

Status
Not open for further replies.

w00t

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
thing about Hodko is he compensates his lack of kicking game with his ability to stay calm under pressure, he pretty much won us game 2 with his vision and try assist to Dugan.

done it numerous times last year against teams who boast the best halves in the world.
His vision? That pass was not him seeing a gap but Dugan running straight into it, any single halfback could've thrown that pass and would, when you throw 1000 similar passes in the course of a season, one of them is bound to become a try.

His calmness didn't win Origin 2, he was part of the victory not the cause of it, he did very little other than boot the ball straight into touch. Pearce, Farah, Jennings and the forward pack contributed to the victory. All this bullsh!t about how "calm" he is under pressure is absolute innuendo, the reason he seems calm is because he isn't capable of doing anything else. The reason we needed so many field goals to win last year is because our attack was absolutely terrible and its continued this year until Mbye/Reynolds were in the halves.

Its already ridiculous to say Hodkinson had a killer of a game in Origin 2 but to credit him with the reason that NSW won in Origin 2? That is utter blasphemy

DogsFan4Life

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Off course. The media are always looking for trouble and the boys seem to deal with it well.
They have rehearsals for media at training .Des knows they have agendas, that's why he hooked klemmer from going to the footy show last night.They were obviously going to drill Dave with questions about Tallis and it would've distracted him .Hasler knows what he's doing stuff them channel 9 pricks (illuminati ) .They will never give up,never will we #DOGSOFWAR

Mr Beast

Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
It shouldn't matter who threw the pass... HODKINSON through the pass and it was a crucial one to set up a Game 2 win. He DID perform under pressure, and the Blues WON.

Stop trying to downgrade everything he does. I don't care if a 6 year old can throw it, in the end Hodkinson did and it was a great play and a crucial one.

Hodkinson has been average all year, I can admit it and I will, but the odd time he does something good, you're just there to downgrade it and put anything good he does down.

You are "utter blasphemy".
I have to agree with you on this. Credit when its due, not point out people but some need to learn that without saying any buts.

likeadoggy

Banned
Reaction score
whoever ends up paying overs for Hodkinson can thank Daley. he should be worth 300k max but will get more because of his strange selection in origin. i can't remember a worse quality halfback for a first grade side than Hodkinson for the dogs this year

w00t

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
whoever ends up paying overs for Hodkinson can thank Daley. he should be worth 300k max but will get more because of his strange selection in origin. i can't remember a worse quality halfback for a first grade side than Hodkinson for the dogs this year
In all fairness i think Keating was just as bad as him. Guy had better support play but defense was a lot worse, then you have gems like Holdsworth (2008) as well. We've had pretty averages since Sherwin left, the best we had was a Kimmorley at the end of his career.

Dogna88

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
NO player is bigger than the club. If Hodkinson leaves, then I still support the Bulldogs 100%.

As I said, whichever 17 runs onto the field every week I support no matter what.
Fair call mate.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
FFS .. Just cleaned up this thread and removed some comments.

I'd have thought given the lengthy ban one has just come back from, that biting ones lip and not enticing an arguement would be a good start. Ignorance is bliss, and it seems some need to start practising the art of ignoring others.

Bulldogs_fan must have set a reminder somewhere, or just hammered The Kennel every day, to know he was unbanned today and come straight back, and (to some degree), posting EXACTLY like he was prior to the ban.

El_Magic

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
FFS .. Just cleaned up this thread and removed some comments.

I'd have thought given the lengthy ban one has just come back from, that biting ones lip and not enticing an arguement would be a good start. Ignorance is bliss, and it seems some need to start practising the art of ignoring others.

Bulldogs_fan must have set a reminder somewhere, or just hammered The Kennel every day, to know he was unbanned today and come straight back, and (to some degree), posting EXACTLY like he was prior to the ban.
He'll never learn. He's a glutton for punishment. I say it's time we give titans/knights_fan the boot once and for all

Slick

Young Gun
Reaction score
You shits have got me posting in caps again, thanks.

I think that some people here are being shits to bulldogs_fan and it isn't a case of bait posting by him rather an internet flame war esque sort of thing where neither of the parties are at direct fault and it's just an argument that develops in to personal attacks. Sorry if I am not actually allowed to comment but come on can't you guys just keep the personal attacks to yourselves and discuss the issue at hand rather than the credibility of the user posting?

for example

bulldogs_fan said:
that hodko is the shit ay
lalalalala said:
haha bulldogs_fan more like knights_homosexual hodko sucks
bulldogs_fan said:
lalalalala said:
in to

bulldogs_fan said:
Hodko's fine.
lalalalala said:
I disagree. I feel that he is terribly out of form.
bulldogs_fan said:
His pass for that game for Dugan was good I think, he should get plaudits for that at least.
lalalalala said:
Yeah, true, though on a broader scale he hasn't been too crash hot this year.
sorry mods if i am out of line posting this and delete it if i am

and **** me sideways this is a huge post sorry

Berries

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Got to thank those Knights for doing that. How the f*ck could you possibly offer Hodkinson overs considering the form he has shown this entire season? HE DIDN'T MAKE A SINGLE LONG OR ATTACKING KICK IN ORIGIN 2 NOT A SINGLE ONE.
have you seen the knights halves?

Berries

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
In all fairness i think Keating was just as bad as him. Guy had better support play but defense was a lot worse, then you have gems like Holdsworth (2008) as well. We've had pretty averages since Sherwin left, the best we had was a Kimmorley at the end of his career.
Our backline was set up by Keatings ability to run to the line and have defenders committing. Its the most simple aspect of a halves game but most of them cannot commit to it and run sideways or pass to early like Trent. Yes Barba used his speed to outmatch opponents but you saw at Cronulla and Brisbane when he gets it too early and defenders are not committed to the half or forward running the hole he gets covered.

Reynolds and Trent just cannot run direct like Thurston and Foran and still possess the pass to cut out players.

w00t

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Our backline was set up by Keatings ability to run to the line and have defenders committing. Its the most simple aspect of a halves game but most of them cannot commit to it and run sideways or pass to early like Trent. Yes Barba used his speed to outmatch opponents but you saw at Cronulla and Brisbane when he gets it too early and defenders are not committed to the half or forward running the hole he gets covered.

Reynolds and Trent just cannot run direct like Thurston and Foran and still possess the pass to cut out players.
Fair enough. 2012 was a long time ago and what i mostly remember is our forwards implementing their sublime passing as well as players like Reynolds coming up with the occasional brilliant play. The only thing that irked me about Keating is when Barba was completely nullifed in the GF he was devoid of a plan B. Most of the time i'm frustrated that we haven't had halves with a decent kicking game since Sherwin

w00t

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
have you seen the knights halves?
In all honesty i don't see much of a difference. Hodkinson hasn't been the same since Origin ended last year and it's getting worse, what's saving us is Reynolds actually learning not be a ticking time bomb and Mbye playing relatively solid for a rookie.

Hodkinson's performances have irked me the entire season and then he goes demanding a huge payraise. It's fitting that the Knights are one of the potential suitors for Hodkinson

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Mr Invisible, excuse me, how am I posting like I was before?
You've completely missed the point.

If you feel someone is baiting you, DON'T REPLY just ignore them. This is what gets you into trouble more often than not. You reply back they reply and all hell breaks loose.

If someone baits you, report the post, and IGNORE them.

You don't need to always have a right of reply, and sometimes that is the best way around things.

Same goes for anyone else here ... as mods we don't read every post, and certainly don't see EVERY thread. We rely on members to report things THEY feel are unwarranted or break the rules. On the occassion we come across a post that does break the rules we act straight away.

When you report a post, it creates a thread under our Mod Forum, with who reported it, the original post (even if the user has edited/deletde it since), and the reason for reporting.

Mods look at that forum all the time. If it's an open and shut one, the report is acted on immediately. If it requires discussion, other mods give input and a call is made from there.

Don't like giving my actual age out in the open, I'm under 18 that's for sure.
You're normally happy to tell people you are like 15-16????

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
His vision? That pass was not him seeing a gap but Dugan running straight into it, any single halfback could've thrown that pass and would, when you throw 1000 similar passes in the course of a season, one of them is bound to become a try. His calmness didn't win Origin 2, he was part of the victory not the cause of it, he did very little other than boot the ball straight into touch. Pearce, Farah, Jennings and the forward pack contributed to the victory. All this bullsh!t about how "calm" he is under pressure is absolute innuendo, the reason he seems calm is because he isn't capable of doing anything else. The reason we needed so many field goals to win last year is because our attack was absolutely terrible and its continued this year until Mbye/Reynolds were in the halves. Its already ridiculous to say Hodkinson had a killer of a game in Origin 2 but to credit him with the reason that NSW won in Origin 2? That is utter blasphemy
sorry .. I meant to say he drew in players and created a hole then passed to Dugan who cemented the win ...pffft vision /calmness just pure luck I guess .. if it was DCE that would have been vision and calmness ,my bad

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Mr Invisible, I never responded to the bait and I made that completely clear. I responded to the actual talk about Hodkinson. This you are not seeing. Everyone else saw it apart from yourself.

A few comments were on this thread in support of me and how I am being harshly treated, YET you removed them. Don't like it when someone doesn't agree with a mod? Maybe if you replied to them they wouldn't keep posting stuff like that.

Nothing was said, no one was baiting, and my replies were on topic.

Everyone can see in this case I've been treated harshly apart from yourself

Cheers.
Dont worry about it BF, just try not to bite. It has been discussed, and we realise there are people here baiting you and we will be infracting people for bait posting if it continues. As long as you dont bait anyone or abuse people in response to baiting, you will be fine. Leave responding to the baiters to us. Report the baiting posts if you like, and we will deal with it. I put this info here instead of pm, coz i want the baiters to see it, and hopefully they will pull their heads in.

Now back on topic, i still dont get how our players want him to stay knowing if its not him going its Mbye or reynolds, coz we dont need 3 halves. If somehow we retain him it would be at the expense of one of those 2 and i dont want that, and neither should the players.

coach

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
They play Reynolds on the bench because he offers more utility value then hodkinson in my opinion!

Status
Not open for further replies.