News Canterbury Bulldogs rookie Nick Meaney told to find his voice

Berries

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Perham - 5 games for 1 try and 1 assist avg 19 runs for 184m, 15/17 tackles.

Meaney - 6 games for 5 tries and 3 assists, avg 14 runs for 145m, 31/36 tackles.

I'd say Meaney is well above Perham as it stands.
Go back and find Meaneys first 5 games lol

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Meaney’s improved a lot but your right. He was getting thrown around like a rag doll when he started. Perham’s much better at a similar stage IMO.
In a much better Bulldogs team also, just ignore that massive factor

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Everyone saw Nick coming from Newcaslte as a classy player with some skills, agree with others that we couldnt develop him with shit forwards like napa and co

Montoya, Cogger, Holland, Meaney, Reimis, JMK plus our many halves such as Averillo suffered in their development because of this.

There also wasnt enough senior leadership or stability once we kicked James Graham from the club. It has been a tough half decade.
I really hope cogger kicks on, he is a talented half but he got shafted badly by pay.

Last edited:

SPEARTAKVIDREFS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Thread title is a little miss leading. Thought I was going to see Nick auditioning for the voice or something.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
I really hope cogger kicks on, he is a talented half but he got shafted badly buy pay.
Agree. I do blame Knights a fair bit as well. Of course his hip injury was a major set back. However they could have released him a year early to us, but chose not to out of spite to the cowboys not releasing Ponga early.

Yes Cogger still would have just had another season in a bad but different system, but his career may have been a little different had he got that extra season with Pay, probably wouldn't have been dropped every other week despite playing well.

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Haha please you trying to tell me attacking stats for a spine player aren't relevant. One of the worst takes ive seen this year.

If you take stats completely out of the equation, Meaney is far better on the eye test anyways.
You have eye cancer.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
You have eye cancer.
Haha I guess the majority of people do them as I reckon most people would say Meaney has been better than Perham.

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Haha I guess the majority of people do them as I reckon most people would say Meaney has been better than Perham.
You must be Kim Jong Il. Talking on everyone’s behalf like that. Sucka. Why you so obsessed with Meaney and I?

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
You must be Kim Jong Il. Talking on everyone’s behalf like that. Sucka. Why you so obsessed with Meaney and I?
I didn't revive these threads so not most obsessed. Just happy to call out people who can't couldn't see Meaneys ability with us and who still can't accept it now he's showed it. Anyways I'm not going back and forth here. See ya in game day thread