Canterbury Bulldogs prepared to say goodbye to Moses Mbye

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Canterbury have been shopping halfback Moses Mbye to rival clubs in a bid to free up salary cap space for a hit list that includes James Tedesco, Kieran Foran, Cooper Cronk and Aaron Woods.

The Bulldogs recognise they need to drastically overhaul their roster if they are to break their premiership drought. That will require a slew of players – contracted and otherwise – to leave the "family club".

Mbye is the only contracted member of the team's spine after recently signing a deal to keep him at Belmore until the end of 2020. However, powerbrokers have earmarked him as a player they are prepared to release if he can find another home. There's a feeling Mbye isn't the organising No.7 required to take the Bulldogs to the next level and that his combination with Josh Reynolds hasn't properly clicked. Mbye, 23, was shifted to hooker in the Good Friday win against South Sydney.

Mbye is entitled to dig in his heals and see out his $3 million deal, but there is no doubt that changes are afoot at Canterbury.

James Graham is on a contract worth about $1 million next year and the club would let him go if he could secure a long-term deal elsewhere. The skipper has been linked to Newcastle, while several other contracted members of the side are also on heavily back-ended deals. Reynolds, hooker Michael Lichaa and Will Hopoate are off-contract and will need to take significantly less than their market value to stay put.

Tedesco and Woods are tipped to leave Wests Tigers, while Foran is keen to shift across the Tasman to be closer to his family. Cronk is the wildcard after deciding to shift to Sydney from next year to be closer to his fiance.

We spoke to several of the clubs that Mbye was shopped to. Their response: thanks, but no thanks.

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/...ay-goodbye-to-moses-mbye-20170415-gvlgbu.html

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Where do they get their figures from lol?
Mbye was crisp at DH this week. I got no prob paying his coin as long as he never wears the 7 again.
Big Mal had him earmarked DH for QLD.
Yeah id still like him definitely not in the 7 .
I cant see someone else footing his bill and time and time and fucking time again these journos dont know fucking shit they make it up as they go.

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Canterbury have been shopping halfback Moses Mbye to rival clubs in a bid to free up salary cap space for a hit list that includes James Tedesco, Kieran Foran, Cooper Cronk and Aaron Woods.

The Bulldogs recognise they need to drastically overhaul their roster if they are to break their premiership drought. That will require a slew of players – contracted and otherwise – to leave the "family club".

Mbye is the only contracted member of the team's spine after recently signing a deal to keep him at Belmore until the end of 2020. However, powerbrokers have earmarked him as a player they are prepared to release if he can find another home. There's a feeling Mbye isn't the organising No.7 required to take the Bulldogs to the next level and that his combination with Josh Reynolds hasn't properly clicked. Mbye, 23, was shifted to hooker in the Good Friday win against South Sydney.

Mbye is entitled to dig in his heals and see out his $3 million deal, but there is no doubt that changes are afoot at Canterbury.

James Graham is on a contract worth about $1 million next year and the club would let him go if he could secure a long-term deal elsewhere. The skipper has been linked to Newcastle, while several other contracted members of the side are also on heavily back-ended deals. Reynolds, hooker Michael Lichaa and Will Hopoate are off-contract and will need to take significantly less than their market value to stay put.

Tedesco and Woods are tipped to leave Wests Tigers, while Foran is keen to shift across the Tasman to be closer to his family. Cronk is the wildcard after deciding to shift to Sydney from next year to be closer to his fiance.

We spoke to several of the clubs that Mbye was shopped to. Their response: thanks, but no thanks.

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/...ay-goodbye-to-moses-mbye-20170415-gvlgbu.html

LOLLLL "We spoke to several of the clubs that Mbye was shopped to. Their response: thanks, but no thanks." pretty much what our response should have been when his manager and he entertained the ridiculous figure demanded when we re-signed him.

COVENS

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Where do they get their figures from lol?
Mbye was crisp at DH this week. I got no prob paying his coin as long as he never wears the 7 again.
Big Mal had him earmarked DH for QLD.
I don't see how that was ever going to happen with Granville, Friend, Segeyaro and McCullough as options

Hôt-dawg

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Lol so after Mbyes best game in 2 years they start to shop him around. GIVE THE **** THE CHANCE TO PROVE HIMSELF AS A HOOKER FIRST.
Ikr damn the guy has a sweet pass on him. He could be anything in that position. Remember he said that HB wasn't really his position

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I don't see how that was ever going to happen with Granville, Friend, Segeyaro and McCullough as options
Granville will never play origin, Friend is overrated, Segeyaro is inconsistent and McCullough will probably be too old by the time Smith retires as I can see him going around for another 2-3 years. Mbye is way younger and has all the makings of a good origin dummy half.

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Granville will never play origin, Friend is overrated, Segeyaro is inconsistent and McCullough will probably be too old by the time Smith retires as I can see him going around for another 2-3 years. Mbye is way younger and has all the makings of a good origin dummy half.
LOLLLL WTF ? Granville is the form Hooker in the comp after Cam Smith, Jake Friend has been killing it for years and still is, Segeyaro does go hot and cold often i agree but McCullough is one of the Bronco's best and most consistent week in week out...

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
No way that was happening Granville and McCullough have it stitched up

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Name the "several" clubs or shut the fcuk up
Bullshit article
Des absolutely loves Moses
Media trying their best to destabilise our entire roster
Nek Minnit
Dogs shopping klemmer and Jackson around lol

COVENS

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
How is Friend overrated?

blueyedsamurai

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
So the club has figured out now that Mbye is a dud immediately after signing him up on 3 million bucks.

great fucken job!
"Just need to change a few things" - Mbye after every loss

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Granville will never play origin fmd
I wouldn't put the house on it!!!!

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Media eventually has to get one of these stories rite ?? It's like trying to shoot an apple from 100m with an ak47 on full auto , if you empty enough clips eventually one bullet will hit.

Status
Not open for further replies.