Canterbury Bulldogs prepared to say goodbye to Moses Mbye

Status
Not open for further replies.

COVENS

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Not with Daley as coach & his love for Farah.

When Farah is 95, he will still be the Blues hooker.
"Oh look, if Robbie is playing good footy - we'll pick him." WTF

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
How is Friend overrated?
Idk I just feel like his an above average hooker but not the level people make him out to be.

The guy is a tackling machine but he doesn't really run out of dummy half and he has put in less kicks the last 2 seasons then previous seasons. He is also prone to throwing a forward pass. He had the second most errors out of all dummy halfs last season.

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

How can we prepare to say goodbye to Mbye when supposedly by this jurno's own admission all the clubs that we have approached (Shopped) Mbye around to have said no thank you.

COVENS

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Idk I just feel like his an above average hooker but not the level people make him out to be.

The guy is a tackling machine but he doesn't really run out of dummy half and he has put in less kicks the last 2 seasons then previous seasons. He is also prone to throwing a forward pass. He had the second most errors out of all dummy halfs last season.
More forced drop outs then any other hooker last season

silverelvis69

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Canterbury have been shopping halfback Moses Mbye to rival clubs in a bid to free up salary cap space for a hit list that includes James Tedesco, Kieran Foran, Cooper Cronk and Aaron Woods.

The Bulldogs recognise they need to drastically overhaul their roster if they are to break their premiership drought. That will require a slew of players – contracted and otherwise – to leave the "family club".

Mbye is the only contracted member of the team's spine after recently signing a deal to keep him at Belmore until the end of 2020. However, powerbrokers have earmarked him as a player they are prepared to release if he can find another home. There's a feeling Mbye isn't the organising No.7 required to take the Bulldogs to the next level and that his combination with Josh Reynolds hasn't properly clicked. Mbye, 23, was shifted to hooker in the Good Friday win against South Sydney.

Mbye is entitled to dig in his heals and see out his $3 million deal, but there is no doubt that changes are afoot at Canterbury.

James Graham is on a contract worth about $1 million next year and the club would let him go if he could secure a long-term deal elsewhere. The skipper has been linked to Newcastle, while several other contracted members of the side are also on heavily back-ended deals. Reynolds, hooker Michael Lichaa and Will Hopoate are off-contract and will need to take significantly less than their market value to stay put.

Tedesco and Woods are tipped to leave Wests Tigers, while Foran is keen to shift across the Tasman to be closer to his family. Cronk is the wildcard after deciding to shift to Sydney from next year to be closer to his fiance.

We spoke to several of the clubs that Mbye was shopped to. Their response: thanks, but no thanks.

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/...ay-goodbye-to-moses-mbye-20170415-gvlgbu.html
Bwa ha ha we r a basket case!

So releasing him- we have to pay part of the salary to another team-
Well done des and co

We are over paying our dud players- aren't we
Mbye- big dud- big $
Tollman- big dud - big $
Eastwood - big $
Kasiano - big $
We just got rid of trex- biggest dud of all

So I don't care how they do it
Keep graham, klemmer, Jackson-
Get Cronk, Tedesco and Foran- the rest can get fucked!

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
LOLLLL WTF ? Granville is the form Hooker in the comp after Cam Smith, Jake Friend has been killing it for years and still is, Segeyaro does go hot and cold often i agree but McCullough is one of the Bronco's best and most consistent week in week out...
Granville will never play because by the time Smith retires he will be 30-31 and if Smith gets injured Friend/McCullough would be next in line as been reported 100s of times.

Friend is overrated, he makes heaps of errors, doesn't kick as much, his passes lack speed.

I stated McCullough would probably be too old by the time Smith retires but if Smith this/next season he should be the one that steps up.

Mr Beast

Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Bs article with no substantial quotes from anyone. Talk shit get hit.

jof

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes lets fuck off

Mbye (a good player in the wrong position - thanks Des!)
Graham
Jeynolds (plays well with a good half and has more Dogs spirit than the rest of the team put together - thanks Des!)

and lets keep

Eastwood (550K for 2018! Can you believe that?)
Lichaa (I wouldn't pay 150K for him for reserve grade!)
Hoppa (Just let him go period)
Tolman (Works hard hard but if we are that strapped for cash let him go)

Is it just Des responsible for these decisions? It's doing my head in. If we seriously pay 900k for Adam "Bearded Lady" Woods I will be ropeable.

Kaz

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
That whole scenario with Laurie picking that prick every year just blowed me away and I'm a fukn Queenslander!!
Shhhh

Just post that Robbie should be the first picked.

Never give them players names that should be picked.

ZOMG: The Blues are so lucky to have Mitchell Pearce.

Hôt-dawg

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I doubt it but ok
Why wouldn't you want Mbye to succeed? Like I said earlier hes got vision and a crisp pass at DH. IMO keep him in that position even on the coin he's on. Better than bludging in the centres or HB

jof

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mmmm very frustrating for Blues and Bulldogs supporters the last decade.. despite such great coaches!!!

OITENTA-E-NOVE

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

How can we prepare to say goodbye to Mbye when supposedly by this jurno's own admission all the clubs that we have approached (Shopped) Mbye around to have said no thank you.
pretty simple really dogs are prepared to say goodbye but no one is prepared to say hello. sounds like some type of adele song

Reactions: DT

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Why wouldn't you want Mbye to succeed? Like I said earlier hes got vision and a crisp pass at DH. IMO keep him in that position even on the coin he's on. Better than bludging in the centres or HB
I agree he has to stay at nine for the dogs I just don't think he's an origin nine now or in the future whith the quality of halves that we have on call in QLD I think he'll be a very good hooker for the dogs with Frawley at half back

Interestingg

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I don't completely discount this article given our club's ability to shaft players a year after signing big money long term deals aka Lloyd Perret

Reactions: DT
Status
Not open for further replies.