Canterbury Bulldogs Player Signings, Re-signings & Rumour Mill: 2011 Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kratos

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
my only concern is when nz rep comes round we gonna be half our pack gone with blair, prtichard, eastwood lol.
I would rather lose them once a year during the season then for origin 3 times. Load up on the kiwis I say

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
very good point mate.

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
bro, it's been done to death.

Book

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I believe that to be honest. Getting more and more likely now.

Berries

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Next person to post the same fcking thing will be perm banned

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Tandy, Saleh, Ayoub, Elias, Payne, Mason all involved.

Carn' ****!

B4L

Kennel Established
Reaction score
lol but is the John Elias bit a gee up!

B4L

Kennel Established
Reaction score
i know if Roberts leves it could be a big loss but i will not be complaining it will give Sezer,Renoldys and Remoleo a shot!

Jigga

Kennel Established
Reaction score
**** to be announced after gf what a ****ing joke, end it now ffs or risk loosing all credability!!!!!

Kratos

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
This just gets better and better, and funnier

Latest is David Gallop is invloved, heard it from his gardener's brother

LSD

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Bulldogs in legal talks over website claim

The Bulldogs will seek legal advice after a website posted an item alleging six of its players were involved in a match-fixing scandal.
The website also claimed two of the players faced the sack at the end of the season.

Police are currently investigating claims of irregular betting involving players and player managers, on a North Queensland-Bulldogs match last month.

An item in website Crikey.com's Tips and Rumours section claimed "six Bulldogs players and two managers are caught up in the NRL's betting scandal. Two players face the sack at the end of the season."

Bulldogs chief executive Todd Greenberg was quick to dismiss the rumour last night and said he would consult the club's lawyers about having it removed.

"We'll provide that information to the club's lawyers and we'll seek their advice," Greenberg said.

"There's no substance to it.

"The Bulldogs don't deal in innuendo or speculation. We only deal in fact and that story is not fact and until such time as the police investigation is concluded we won't be making any further comment."

It has been a damaging week for the code as a text message in circulation names a player manager, two former players, a Bulldog and three Cowboys as allegedly being involved in the failed fix attempt.

The Cowboys refused to comment about the inflammatory text message when contacted by The Australian on Wednesday.

Bookmakers suspended markets on the first scoring play option in the game - traditionally a novelty betting market - after an unusually large amount of money was placed on a Cowboys penalty goal in Townsville.

Bulldogs forward Ryan Tandy lost possession and gave away a penalty in the opening minute of the game, but the Cowboys chose to take a quick tap resulting in a try to Anthony Watts.

Tandy has vehemently denied any involvement in match-fixing.

The NRL enlisted the help of NSW chief racing steward Ray Murrihy detected several unusual betting trends before the matter was referred to police.

It has been reported that a player manager and a former player have been captured on CCTV security footage placing bets on a Cowboys penalty goal as the first scoring play at separate venues, although neither could face sanction from the league.

The NRL has also been forced to deny rumours it is sitting on a report and is ready to take action against the culprits involved after the grand final.

Greenberg, who said he had received the anonymous text message from a few different sources this week, said the latest rumour involving the club was further evidence that there needed to be a quick resolution to the matter.

"I've heard a rumour a day for the last two weeks," he said.

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/news/sport/bulldogs-in-legal-talks-over-website-claim/story-e6frg7mf-1225928598414

Kratos

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ok, Leeds are out now, time to announce Eastwood

Status
Not open for further replies.