Canterbury Bulldogs Player Signings, Re-signings & Rumour Mill: 2011 Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

doggie-style

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
im starting a rumour the bulldogs will sign brett morris from 2013 on a 3 yr deal

sgodllubsti

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
my cousin from townsville called in over crissy, he is a groundsman up north and talks to quite a few cowboys players, he was saying now the dogs have a top line coach, some cowboys players are hoping to come to the bulldogs in the next season or two.
players are saying with the dogs culture, facilitys, staff and now a top coach the bulldogs will be the team to link with.... will be interesting mid season if this is true

KelpiesHuskies

Kennel Established
Reaction score
which cowboys players would we need would be a question other than thurston i think we already have better players than the cowboys

B

BoonReturns

which cowboys players would we need would be a question other than thurston i think we already have better players than the cowboys
Both Sims brothers, Payne, Tamou, Scott, Patterson, Johnson, Bolten and Cooper. Most of them would make our first grade side easily.

If we and the Cows had a combined team I would think they may even have more players than we would holding their spots.

C

chipandchase

Both Sims brothers, Payne, Tamou, Scott, Patterson, Johnson, Bolten and Cooper. Most of them would make our first grade side easily.

If we and the Cows had a combined team I would think they may even have more players than we would holding their spots.
Gee your are going off early there boon

I'd take only tarik sims and thurston and Scott
The rest no and they wouldn't make our team

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score

LOL, tariq, thurston, scott, johnson, fia fia loa and tate. that is it.

richie

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
bolten is a under-rated second rower used too be a rep player if I recall correctly

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
bolten is a under-rated second rower used too be a rep player if I recall correctly

bolten had a good year then not been close since, has been used as prop last year probz due to the overs in the backrow the cowboys have.

C

chipandchase

Would u have him in front of Pritchard and tapau?

For me no, I reckon tapau will be a sensation this year

Barba

TANK
Reaction score
i'd have FFL, thurston, scott, t sims, taumalolo and maybe tamou only

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
Would u have him in front of Pritchard and tapau?

For me no, I reckon tapau will be a sensation this year
agree with this. taupau is going to kill it especially under des.

if we raided the cowboys fia fia loa would take a wing spot to partner turner, tate would take a centre spot to partner morris. thurston would walk into the halves in any team. scott would walk into a prop spot at any team. then id take tariq and johnson in the backrow and that is it. that tamaolou has huge wraps and would take him too.

no way would cheap shot tamou start over graham tolman or scott. hell id take kasiano over him.

C

chipandchase

agree with this. taupau is going to kill it especially under des.

if we raided the cowboys fia fia loa would take a wing spot to partner turner, tate would take a centre spot to partner morris. thurston would walk into the halves in any team. scott would walk into a prop spot at any team. then id take tariq and johnson in the backrow and that is it. that tamaolou has huge wraps and would take him too.

no way would cheap shot tamou start over graham tolman or scott. hell id take kasiano over him.
Spot on with all of the above
I forgot about tate, what a great footballer he is
Young bloke is a good also, imagine him and tapau off the bench, wow!!

BulldogzLegend

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

out of them all i only like scott, bolten and tariq sims

BulldogzLegend

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
we have got easily 1mil bucks coming off contract next year

stagg
halatau
gavet
lett
turner
wright
macdougal
browne
keating
romelo
goodwin

far out no wonder why hasler was interested in coming here

we have alot of cap space in our hands

KelpiesHuskies

Kennel Established
Reaction score
it is amazing that everyone finds so many players that would make our side.
ok good points have been made on some that i overlooked but that many some have named eight to ten players.
take thurston out of that side and they would struggle big time.

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score

stagg
halatau
gavet
lett
turner
wright
macdougal
browne
keating
romelo
goodwin

gavet is signed for 2 years im pretty sure.

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score

stagg
halatau
gavet
lett
turner
wright
macdougal
browne
keating
romelo
goodwin

Can pretty much get rid of all those players and replace them with juniors for half the cost towards the cap... Yeh definately alot of cap space to play with (and also with an increase in the cap coming up) but I dont want to be seen as the team to buy talent....

Look where the roosters are. They are like a yoyo, one year crap, one year good next year crap again.

Status
Not open for further replies.