Canterbury Bulldogs Player Signings, Re-signings & Rumour Mill: 2011 Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

wigum

Immortal
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
well if foran is worth $600k,which i dont think he is...surely cronk is around that mark....i know who id rather take,cronk off in 2012 as well
Cronk is worth more than 600k, and would definitely require a club to pay overs for him to leave Melbourne. It's well known that he was offered more than his current contract elsewhere and decided to stick around in Melbourne

CMP

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
well if foran is worth $600k,which i dont think he is...surely cronk is around that mark....i know who id rather take,cronk off in 2012 as well
Both players are totally different so you cannot compare. (Cronk & Foran as a pair would be great however.)

Sandow has signed for that sort of money. And he is way off the class of Cronk!

If they can get Foran for $600 without any get out clause for 3-4 years then they should go for it. With the new TV deal due the old $450k-$500k top rate of pay will become $750k-$1m.

$600k would be a steal. He is quality now & will only get better.

Harby

Trance Family
Reaction score
a mate of mine is a crazy Eels fan, and she told me a few months ago that SBW will sign with them, and that Rene and Kearney were persuading him to come. i told her it was complete and utter rubbish. now as it all unfolds, I'm pretty sure we will see SBW in an Eels jersey in 2013... burn job.

nassman

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Cronk is definitely better than Foran now, IMO he's the second best Half in the world behind JT, but I doubt he's worth only 600k and doubt even more that he'd leave Melbourne.

Cronk is 28 years old, Foran 21. Apples and oranges mate. Given the chance to snag the best young half in the game, coupled with the fantastic relationship he already has with Des, the opportunity to become the backbone of our squad for many many years to come and who knows perhaps be better than Cronk (who to be fair has been completely surrounded by the best players on the planet in their respective positions) I know my preference.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
I was talking today to a client of mine who is a player sponsor at Parramatta (for confidential reasons I won't name who) and he said that as far as he knows the club (Parra) are not interested in SBW, but rather (like Brisbane and Storm) are concentrating heavily on their junior development.

Harby

Trance Family
Reaction score
I was talking today to a client of mine who is a player sponsor at Parramatta (for confidential reasons I won't name who) and he said that as far as he knows the club (Parra) are not interested in SBW, but rather (like Brisbane and Storm) are concentrating heavily on their junior development.
by buying the likes of sandow, roberts, tonga, hopa? just to name a few

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
mate that's about all their signings...
eels bought more then us last year, Whatuira, Walker, Hicks, Manakafoa, McGuire, Webb, Mataiu etc. More then that too.

This year they signed Sandow, Roberts, Esi Tonga, Wilie Tonga, Paulo, Tautai. Off my head, not complaning just saying they sign just as many as us.

x-factor

Y.N.W.A
Reaction score
eels bought more then us last year, Whatuira, Walker, Hicks, Manakafoa, McGuire, Webb, Mataiu etc. More then that too.

This year they signed Sandow, Roberts, Esi Tonga, Wilie Tonga, Paulo, Tautai. Off my head, not complaning just saying they sign just as many as us.

about half of the players they signed last year all retired

Bashman

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I just noticed that Sione Kite has signed with Widnes. Sorry if it's been mentioned already

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
can you web guys clean up the kennel it appears you have kokosina virus
I agree with this. Every time i go to the home page or change pages on the Kennel the last few days, my Kaspersky antivirus gives me messages that mention the malicious URL kokosina.in/1 being blocked as it is in the malicious URL database.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I logged on at a mates place today and Avast picks up the virus but my version of Mcaffee here at home doesn't detect it. I usually use trend pc cillin but have just got a new computer and haven't bought a copy yet.

Sandra's Bollocks

Est. 1979
Reaction score
same here and am also using avast. it sux coz everytime i wanna visit this website i have to un-check scan web[http] traffic in web shield. otherwise it completely blocks this whole site.

and here i though i was the only one lol

TAS

All In
Reaction score
Yeh i've been forced to open TK in internet explorer rather than Firefox. In firefox I get error messages everytime I click something, but in IE it seems ok.

dogie

thruthick&thin
Reaction score
yep i get a d/l every time i open or click something on the kennel when using fire fox.

get this sorted web dudes!!

no1bulldog

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
i keep getting a warning that its blocked a black hole exploit??

Status
Not open for further replies.