Canterbury Bulldogs Player Signings, Re-signings & Rumour Mill: 2011 Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Karat

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nothing has changed the fact that he is still signed on next year.
There is more to the story that it seems mate....

Like I said I don't think he will leave Manly, but hey I didn't think Bennett will leave the Broncos either..

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
A contact in the clubs favour is strong. If they want you (say in this case des) they won't let him leave to join a rival. Nothing in it for them (unless the coach is not getting results ala moore).

Saints would not release bennett before his contract was up, storm would let go of bellamy etc even if the offer they got was heap higher then what they are on.

unless the club has a benefit they wont release a coach getting good results.

Wearnze

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
A guy i would love us to have a look at signing is Lewis Brown. Off contract and versatile.

Book

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Pretty sure Johnson is not off contract, and I'd rather stick with Hodkinson and look at a 6, Johnson is still very raw and relies a lot on James Maloney.

BulldogzLegend

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Pretty sure Johnson is not off contract, and I'd rather stick with Hodkinson and look at a 6, Johnson is still very raw and relies a lot on James Maloney.
i reckon johnson could easily fill in @ 6 with hodko @ 7

BulldogzLegend

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
What I'd like is an established 6.
you and everyone else mate but there aren't any on the market

we rely HEAVILY on barba for points its that bloody simple

apart from barba we have **** all creativity except offload and hope something comes off

keating will NEVER be the answer for 5/8 we are *******s for letting roberts go

Harby

Trance Family
Reaction score
MANLY have slammed the Bulldogs' attempt to poach coach Des Hasler with a $2.4 million three-year offer, labelling the family club "hypocrites" who should focus on developing their own talent.

The Bulldogs made a secret approach to Hasler six weeks ago but were told the Sea Eagles coach had activated an option to remain at Manly for next season.

Not content, Canterbury board members hatched a plan to throw $800,000-a-season at the 2008 premiership-winning coach. A furious Manly Leagues club chairman Bob Reilly has moved to ensure Hasler becomes the first 10-year coach on the northern peninsula.

Reilly emailed 22,000 members of the Sea Eagles leagues and football clubs yesterday re-affirming Manly's intention to secure Hasler beyond 2012.

When contacted by The Sunday Telegraph, Reilly said: "Is this the same Bulldogs club who were whingeing about compensation and injunctions when Sonny Bill Williams walked out on a contract a couple of years ago?

RELATED COVERAGE
Sea Eagles: Matai faces grand jury
"That sounds extremely hypocritical to me. Don't worry, we've heard about the supposed $800,000-a-season offer. What about their form? First they poached Trent Hodkinson off us, then they went after William Hopoate.

"And now to cap it off they're trying to pinch our coach, who played more than 250 first-grade games for Manly and has been at the helm as coach for eight seasons.

"The whole thing stinks.

"The Bulldogs should be worrying about their own backyard - not what's going on at Manly."

Since sacking Kevin Moore in July, the Bulldogs have repeatedly drawn up hit-lists of high-profile coaches, including Hasler and Melbourne Storm's Craig Bellamy.

Officially, there have been no talks with NSW Origin coach Ricky Stuart, but only a fortnight ago the club discussed appointing Stuart as a coaching director and making caretaker Jim Dymock head coach.

Bulldogs chief executive Todd Greenberg confirmed this option but said it was not "our preferred choice".

The latest move, as of last week, was to try to entice Hasler to Belmore.

The Sea Eagles have been in negotiations since June to extend Hasler's deal until the end of 2014 and even have a sub-committee set up to try to ensure he remains at the club.

But negotiations hit a stalemate two weeks ago when media manager Peter Peters was abruptly sacked - leading to a split between Hasler and the club's chief operating officer David Perry.

Since then, the pair have become sworn enemies.

The Bulldogs have seized on Hasler's discontent, contacting the coach again through a third party.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...coach-des-hasler/story-e6frexnr-1226145274869

ElMagicElMasri

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Wow...800k.

I still believe that if Manly win the GF then he is a big chance to come over.

Harby

Trance Family
Reaction score
Wow...800k.

I still believe that if Manly win the GF then he is a big chance to come over.
coincidence, i was saying earlier they should throw 800G at him, maybe the board are reading :confused:
hoping he comes, he'd be getting paid double at belmore

ElMagicElMasri

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
coincidence, i was saying earlier they should throw 800G at him, maybe the board are reading :confused:
hoping he comes, he'd be getting paid double at belmore
I just hope that he is seeking a new challenge. Winning this GF, hopefully, might be the icing on the cake and with the extra cash incentive...Maybe not a big chance but hopefully he can see how much we Dogs fans are in need of a successful run :grinning:

marsvolta

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
hopefully the coach to leave his team straight after a premiership will be ivan cleary

Status
Not open for further replies.