Canterbury Bulldogs facing $50,000 fine for grand final late arrival

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rottie

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
We put up with some old c*** ringing a ****ing bell and that glory hole song, they can wait a few mins.

Lol @ fining us 50k, our leagues club makes that in a day and a half.
Day and a half! Bro not even half a day our leagues club makes 30 mill plus a year we'll take care of that bill in no more than 4-6 hrs

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Chan 9 delay a game because they rather have a wankfeat over some clubs or show some adds, as soon as we come out a lil late they wanna fine us? eat a dick aha. Didn't chan 9 delay a SOO game by about half an hour this year?

BudgyBulldog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I have always had a soft spot for Souths mainly due to them sucking for so long and my Nan going for them.

But everyday I seem to hate them more and more, I am now at the point where I am looking forward to Dogs v Souths next year more than I look forward to Dogs v Broncs which is a big deal for me!

The NRL and Souths can get ****ed!

Gallo2014

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
maybe that bell ringing and indigenous ceremony was supposed to be the Aussie version of the hakka and the dogs were supposed to stand and cop that shit.

cLEBrity

Mujnoon
Reaction score
I will be cancelling my membership today, fark the Nrl I despise them for what they did. disrespecting my club like that. That farking bell at the start of the game which led into that annoying shyt song glory rubbish. the grand final was a disgrace. I paid over $600 for my tix only for the NRL to do that and to make matters worse their fans are fuking feral drunks with no respesct ive had it with the NRL and channel 9 with their wank fest for the rabbits and chooks.

jo_95

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I will be cancelling my membership today, fark the Nrl I despise them for what they did. disrespecting my club like that. That farking bell at the start of the game which led into that annoying shyt song glory rubbish. the grand final was a disgrace. I paid over $600 for my tix only for the NRL to do that and to make matters worse their fans are fuking feral drunks with no respesct ive had it with the NRL and channel 9 with their wank fest for the rabbits and chooks.
So to spite the NRL you are going to cancel your membership that generates revenue for your club? Makes sense.

jo_95

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
**** the bell, what was the point of it?
I believe it is the bell that was rang to signify the start of the very first rugby league game played in Australia. I'm not really a fan of the song, but I really think that we just should have came out to our own song, but the bell was an awesome touch, and I personally really liked it. If I forked out 42k for a bell I am not sure I would let it be used like Crowe did. And I really am glad he let the NRL use it.

Bluebody

The Strategist
Reaction score
We should should sue/fine the NRL and Channel 9 for robbing our brand and sponsors from hard earned equal grand final media exposure. NRL get so high and mighty about their rules but could not begin to understand their inept and hypocritical leadership of the greatest game of all. They are spoilt with this great game and need to wake up to themselves before their administration gets cleaned out and replaced yet again.

jo_95

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We should should sue/fine the NRL and Channel 9 for robbing our brand and sponsors from hard earned equal grand final media exposure. NRL get so high and mighty about their rules but could not begin to understand their inept and hypocritical leadership of the greatest game of all. They are spoilt with this great game and need to wake up to themselves before their administration gets cleaned out and replaced yet again.
The NRL doesn't control the media...

Dingo

Go the dogs
Gilded
Reaction score
Raelene and Des should say the club officials, players and fans were deeply offended by the use of Glory Glory prior to them running out. Apparently the bell was talked about prior but playing the South Sydney Victory song crosses the line. How can a Canterbury-Bankstown fan stomach it? Souths are so bloody arrogant. Having not won a Grand Final for 43 years, you would think they would pay more respect to a side that has been there done that 6 times since. The way their fans carried on was a disgrace to the game - they should take a look at how our club conducted itself through out the entire finals series and take note how a seasoned finals team does business. The NRL chiefs do not know Rugby League and they let Souths walk all over them in the process of pushing their media empire out to the world. I could keep going but my final point is this:

After all the brilliant charity work and donations given to the game it seems they want to rob us of 50000 dollars because we made Souths wait five minutes. 5 MINUTESN in front of a rapturous crowd they were empowered to hype up with a dumb old cattle bell and a nauseating team victory song just as old. What a joke this is hypocrisy at its finest -they all hate us and after a tidal wave of negativity I think we all have had enough. It's time the Kennel spoke in support of the club.

Captain Kickass where are you, lead us brother we need your writing skills

cLEBrity

Mujnoon
Reaction score
So to spite the NRL you are going to cancel your membership that generates revenue for your club? Makes sense.
Was expecting someone to say something like this.
i support my club in other ways.
i eat at the club i train at the club. i have been a club member for 20 years.

Bakes

The REAL Bakes
Reaction score
Apparently we made 1 million in merchandise sales in the last week.

Croc

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Also why did that Aboriginal bloke welcome us to "his land"?
And what about ****ing Ray warren mentioning Cathy ****ing freeman several times throughout the telecast. What the **** has any of that shit got to do with the footy?

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
And what about ****ing Ray warren mentioning Cathy ****ing freeman several times throughout the telecast. What the **** has any of that shit got to do with the footy?
They were playing the whole race card because Inglis and the whole Redfern bullshit

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
So they want to start a precedence.... 5 Minutes late!! Whoopy doo .. It's a live show .. deal with it. Anything could've gone wrong maybe one of the players was having a bout of nerves and vomiting up .. .. Bulldogs have nothing to worry about ,in reality its an empty threat..

zappa

Punk in Drublic
Reaction score
So the penalty is 2 1/2 times that of letting a concussed player stay in the field? Seems logical.

chris_e_fresh

The Virtual One
Reaction score
I know it is easy to pick it out as a souths thing because it is Russell Crowes bell. But the bell is a massive part of the history of our game. I am glad Rusty allowed us to use the bell at an event like the gf.
wtf ive never heard of this bell before

chris_e_fresh

The Virtual One
Reaction score
I know they r ****ing hypocrites. Todd Greenberg should be disgusted with himself. Just to think this moron was once our ceo. Once he left he just turned to the biggest cock sucking sellout there is along with the nrl.
this guy

relax mate

Croc

Kennel Established
Reaction score
So they want to start a precedence.... 5 Minutes late!! Whoopy doo .. It's a live show .. deal with it. Anything could've gone wrong maybe one of the players was having a bout of nerves and vomiting up .. .. Bulldogs have nothing to worry about ,in reality its an empty threat..
I saw several different starting times. Still no idea what time it started. Or was meant to start

Status
Not open for further replies.