Canterbury Bulldogs facing $50,000 fine for grand final late arrival

Status
Not open for further replies.

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
Canterbury Bulldogs facing $50,000 fine for grand final late arrival

Canterbury will be fined a minimum of $50,000 for arriving five minutes late onto the field for the start of the NRL grand final on Sunday.
Bulldogs chief executive Raelene Castle provided the NRL's head of marketing Paul Kind with a statement in writing that the Bulldogs would immediately follow the Rabbitohs onto the field.
However, neither Castle nor the NRL had counted on Des Hasler doing what Des Hasler does.
It's been an axiom in rugby league that "they can't start without us". Hasler clearly intended to delay his team's entry onto the field in order to destabilise the Rabbitohs, playing in their first grand final in 43 years.
Viewers saw Channel 9 footage of Canterbury players still pulling on their jumpers while Souths were warming up.
The NRL is furious at the Dogs' breach of a written undertaking and a $50,000 fine is considered the minimum penalty.
Meanwhile, the Rabbitohs' celebrations took on a nautical theme on Monday: the players were at The Dolphin hotel in Surry Hills and coach Michael Maguire took his coaching staff to Bondi Icebergs – and all mused on the night Des attempted to freeze them out.

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/...te-arrival-20141006-10r1hb.html#ixzz3FMKM0me9

crack

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Was abit annoying , great tactic if it worked

Horny Wog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If they didnt ring the bell and play glory glory for 5 minutes than it wouldnt of been an issue

billybob

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
F**k the NRL and f**k the media. We get out on the field when we are ready

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Really ROFL? So they play all this Souths bullshit and don't bother acknowledging our club but realise they came out late and want $50k for it...

$50k for 5 minutes is ****ing ridiculous, Channel 9 delay games by like 30 minutes on average and get away with it, **** me the NRL is starting to lose it.

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
Lawyer Rodzilla would simply explain that we didnt hear the bell ffs

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Well I want the NRL fined for putting us long suffering fans through the twenty minutes of bell ringing and Glory glory before the game and the dud entertainment which makes an episode of Play school look like a Hollywood epic.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
We put up with some old c*** ringing a ****ing bell and that glory hole song, they can wait a few mins.

Lol @ fining us 50k, our leagues club makes that in a day and a half.

Nexus

Super Duper Ultimate Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
50k.. really? Do the NRL pluck these figures out of their ass?

chris_e_fresh

The Virtual One
Reaction score
Playing 5 mins of bullshit Souths propaganda we should be given 50k

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
If it's souths then the commentators would have said it's all part of the theatre when it's the bulldogs it's the end of the world. The article says minimum $50 so I would expect it will be more.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Also why did that Aboriginal bloke welcome us to "his land"?

Raysie

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I'm ****ing pissed at the moment.

Maybe CH9 should get a $50,000 fine for showing a horror movie at an unsuitable time. lol

chris_e_fresh

The Virtual One
Reaction score
I Tweeted @todd and asked him for his address so I could send him my membership - the nrl is ****ed

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
I Tweeted @todd and asked him for his address so I could send him my membership - the nrl is ****ed
They wouldn't give a **** bro, imagine all the toothless ****s handing over their dole cheques for memberships next year.

Ahecee

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
As if it was an issue at all. Fine, don't fine........ who gives a ****

Status
Not open for further replies.