News Canterbury Bulldogs confirm big opportunity for former Hull FC halfback but it’ll be tough for former Wests Tigers star

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
He's off the cuff which worked then with talented and experienced players around him, but Hodgkinson was still at 7 managing the game which allowed for the chaos. He can't be our game managing half.
hodgkinson was the most over rated 7 i have ever seen. He touched the barely twice in a set of 6, thats not controlling a team. Alot of time he didnt touch it until he kicked on last.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
hodgkinson was the most over rated 7 i have ever seen. He touched the barely twice in a set of 6, thats not controlling a team. Alot of time he didnt touch it until he kicked on last.
Injuries hampered him. I do believe that style of play had a lot to do with Hasler though.

Como Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The team still played better when he was there compared to when he was out. He and Ennis brought a calmness onto the field.

Como Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
You are so right, in one State game Reynolds made up his mind to pass but he had no support but passed it anyway to nobody, he was/is cringeworthy at times but can't fault his passion. PS up the mighty Mo
If he also had a micro brewers beard then he would look like one of the bananas in pyjamas.

Benno Bulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The team still played better when he was there compared to when he was out. He and Ennis brought a calmness onto the field.
He has got to be a better option at half than we have now… we still need a half but happy to have him dagging around

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
If he sees a minute I’ll give it away
We're pretty thin in the halves with BBO injured and Wakeham gone. We wouldn't need much to go wrong for Reynolds to be in the calculations

Cartel

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
We're pretty thin in the halves with BBO injured and Wakeham gone. We wouldn't need much to go wrong for Reynolds to be in the calculations
Where has Wakeham gone to?

Jebbundy

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Any club he’s been at he’s not taken them to success, it’s nice to see him back as he Loves the club, but he was well past it when he left the first time. He never had a great kicking game, lots of brain snaps, tripping, every yr he’d say he’d get better. The speed of the game now I’m sure he’d just be full of penalties. Give him the yellow shirt and run the water, thanks for the memories but let’s leave them there.

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Well said I've said similar before on here too.
BOG average that guy...I remember chatting to a Knights fan who was excited that they were getting him.I said you won't be once he starts playing for you :tearsofjoy: and it did not go well as I recall.

Disposable Hero

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hodgkinson played for the Raiders......

berryboy

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
He can't have done too much tackling since leaving for Tigers.
So possibly a relatively fresh 33/34 year old. He hasn't done Josh Jackson's workload that's for sure.
Plus it was his enthusiasm that was his greatest contribution.
Age shall not weary his enthusiasm.
If he gets in the top 30 and gets a couple of 1st grade games, he'll definitely fire the side up. Will be worth it.
His enthusiasm coupled up with the Fox's enthusiasm will get the team firing

Benno Bulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
There is way more to a club than champion players. We won comps with guys stepping up in the past, sure some on here would know that.