Official Canterbury Bulldogs 2024 NRL Draw

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
I just saw a headline online stating "Sharks big winners as 2024 NRL draw released".
Am I imagining things or have the Sharks had an easy draw in the last few years?
Is Buzz now working out the draw?
Yes they have. Hasn't help them develop a hard edge though, just made them flat track bullies who can't beat top sides. Will be another week 2 exit from finals for Sharks

gbrussell

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Honestly I don’t mind that. If you can get out of work a bit earlier it’s good if you have young kids. The Sunday night games at home were worse IMO.
I see your point.

I’m sort of hoping the 18th team will be a 2nd NZ team. Reason being them and the Warriors are a perfect fit for the Friday 6pm time slot on alternate weeks, with the +2 hour time difference.

InGusWeTrust

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
A lot of 6pm Friday games. The price we pay for being shit.
I’ll take that over waiting for the last game every week! Get the pain over quickly so the weekend can be enjoyed, or if we win, makes the weekend more enjoyable.

Very surprised we go from having mostly Sunday games to Friday. I suppose Gus must have told the NRL we don’t love our Sunday footy :confused:

InGusWeTrust

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just saw a headline online stating "Sharks big winners as 2024 NRL draw released".
Am I imagining things or have the Sharks had an easy draw in the last few years?
Yeah, Sharks are a bit notorious for getting easy draws. I haven’t looked at next season’s but they had a couple in the last few years and some said the year they won was a soft comp. They also miraculously only broke rules before and after that season.

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
I see your point.

I’m sort of hoping the 18th team will be a 2nd NZ team. Reason being them and the Warriors are a perfect fit for the Friday 6pm time slot on alternate weeks, with the +2 hour time difference.
Yeah that would work really well for the NZ viewers too.

I don’t think our draw is too bad if you are planning on going to games with the family. Also no 5 day turn around is a positive. Last year when we were struck down with injuries we had a few short turnarounds compounding things.

Howie B

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The last 2 years have been ridiculous for them

Dogs4eva13

Previously James Cochrane
Reaction score
I like our bye schedule, pretty evenly spread. last year we had to wait till rd 11 to get a bye which compounded our injury problems. This year its rd 8, but then every 4 or so weeks, which is pretty good and should help with injuries.

InGusWeTrust

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I wonder if we request to play Storm in Melbourne. At first I thought oh not again, we always play them there, but then thought, it may be tactical, with the thinking that it’s a tough game regardless if played home or away.

chemdog

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
WTF we have Canberra in magic round again ? NRL are so shit
yep we had raiders this season in magic round, broncos play manly again in magic round again as well next year.
honestly what's the point of magic round if its the same opponent majority of the time