Official Canterbury Bulldogs 2024 NRL Draw

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
A lot of 6pm Friday games. The price we pay for being shit.
Once again the NRL have us away from home in rounds 1 and 2.

The last time we were at home in round 1 was 2017.

Anyone who doesn‘t understand that we are out of favour in the corridors of power, is a blind freddy.
It's the price we pay for being Bulldogs, enemies of News Crap un-Ltd and supporters of Reclaim the Game,
Did we really expect fairness from National Rorts League ?
If you thought this is the end of our problems think again,
Watch and see what the crooked refs are going to do to us :coldsweat:
But who cares, we will keep fighting on !

enoughsaid

Kennel Tips Winner '04
Reaction score
Once again the NRL have us away from home in rounds 1 and 2.

The last time we were at home in round 1 was 2017.

Anyone who doesn‘t understand that we are out of favour in the corridors of power, is a blind freddy.
The Stadium id being used for concerts .. the price u pay for playing at Homebush

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
The Stadium id being used for concerts .. the price u pay for playing at Homebush
Yep, Taylor Swift and Pink were booked for shows at Accor from late Feb to mid Mar months ago, before the 2024 draw was even considered as the 2023 season was still underway. But - the bleaters will still say it’s a conspiracy - the NRL vs the Bulldogs. Sigh…

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
LOL. Came here to see comments whining about the draw. Not disappointed.
There's no such thing as an easy or hard draw in my opinion. The teams that make the 8 are not there because of an easy draw, and the ones that miss out aren't there because of a difficult draw. The successful clubs do well because they have good rosters and play better football.
A "bad draw" is not an excuse, but it seems people are already trying to make excuses.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
There's no such thing as an easy or hard draw in my opinion. The teams that make the 8 are not there because of an easy draw, and the ones that miss out aren't there because of a difficult draw. The successful clubs do well because they have good rosters and play better football.
A "bad draw" is not an excuse, but it seems people are already trying to make excuses.
I've never bought into that either. Sure, some sides get those dreaded 5 day turnarounds, and/or long travel etc, which sucks, but at the end of the day, over 24 odd matches, if you're good enough, you're good enough.

Last edited:

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
One game out of the opening month is a home game (rounds 1 and 2 on road to start the season)

Make it make sense

Micko

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Hi all. First post.

I’m quietly confident about the draw. Very happy to play Penrith and Brisbane only one time. And the other teams we play once we tend to struggle against. South’s, Manly, Melbourne even Wests.

We should have a good chance against Newcastle, Canberra, Saints and North Qld. All playing twice.
This is our best draw in a while. Need to make the most of it.

JayBee

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Hi all. First post.

I’m quietly confident about the draw. Very happy to play Penrith and Brisbane only one time. And the other teams we play once we tend to struggle against. South’s, Manly, Melbourne even Wests.

We should have a good chance against Newcastle, Canberra, Saints and North Qld. All playing twice.
This is our best draw in a while. Need to make the most of it.
Welcome to TK, mate.

There is something oozing from what you have said that has long been missing from here... what do they call it? Positivity?

Keep it coming.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
expecting ~5 wins for the season, a couple 50/50's we can win and a few others we have a decent chance in (considering our chances in the other games), also likely we'll pick up another win or 2 elsewhere. The draw should be the last of our concerns.

Brendan7

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Literally couldn't ask for a better draw, I'll just copy this below

Doubles: Sharks, Roosters, Knights, Raiders and Warriors. Sharks are bog ordinary, Raiders will be bottom 4 next year, Knights and Roosters are mid tier. Only tough one is the Warriors who are one SJ injury away from a bottom 4 side too!

Eels isn't terrible isn't great depends what Parra side it is next year. Cowboys the toughest of our double, I'm going with last year was too bad to be true for them, Dragons should be 4 easy points.

Owey

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We play 3 games in a row against teams coming off the bye, starting with the Raiders in Magic Round (R11), then the Dragons (R12) followed by the Knights (R13).

vegny

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
People can pick whatever positives out that draw but the away games to start the season would hurt us imo.
They look like a team that need a good start to build momentum and confidence.

EuroNymous

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
look play what is in front of you, for me team played well in first 5 rounds this year and then went crumbling once injuries occurred. Hopefully RFM stuff is behind us come march next year.

if i see effort in our performances i won't be angry, the roster is still several years off being super competitive

Dogs4eva13

Previously James Cochrane
Reaction score
Its a very good draw from the point of view of getting wins. Only playing the 2 guaranteed elite teams (rif and Broncs) once is huge. Also from first 19 rds only have 3 games outside of Sydney, with one in Melbourne and one each v raiders and knights which is hardly even out of Sydney. Therefore you could say out of first 19 rds only 1 game needs a big trip. We also have back to back games in Qld, which makes travel easier if we just stay in QLD. At the end of the season we take a home game to Bundy followed by a trip to NZ which is hard.

It is a bad draw for fans wanting to go to games or watch on free to air. With home games during magic rd, another in Bundy and a number of games at 6pm Friday means we have very few home games at a good time for families. That being said I expect us to get a good crowd to rd1 which should have almost 50/50 support. Especially if we confirm SST and another prop and the hype train starts.

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Welcome to TK, mate.

There is something oozing from what you have said that has long been missing from here... what do they call it? Positivity?

Keep it coming.
They all start off positive [emoji23]

Berries

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
That’s a 0-6 start of 1-5 start if I’ve ever seen one. Have to hope teams start slow again