News Canterbury Bulldogs: 2019 Round 1 predicted team

Status
Not open for further replies.

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
We won't know until he has a shot.

My point is that it's a stupid call to say he can't cut in the nrlol with no explanation or proof.

Just interested to see why he wouldn't cut it....
I hope he does transition into a good centre. However, on what he has shown so far, he is a fair way off.
He gets the good reports because of a one on one strip he did. He will probably never do that again.
Until he can perform in a tradesman like fashion in the ISP, I think he should learn the trade in the ISP.
We need a defensive centre, as well as one who can attack. I think CHN fits the bill more that Harper or Hopoate.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
I hope he does transition into a good centre. However, on what he has shown so far, he is a fair way off.
He gets the good reports because of a one on one strip he did. He will probably never do that again.
Until he can perform in a tradesman like fashion in the ISP, I think he should learn the trade in the ISP.
We need a defensive centre, as well as one who can attack. I think CHN fits the bill more that Harper or Hopoate.
I don't go off the strip, I've been watching the majority of the season and deserves a shot this year. You can ask the other members on here who watch the reserves what they think.

He isn't Josh Morris yet but with his base now, he could be with more work.

Olive on the other hand is a waste of time IMO

Isn't CHN just a 2nd rower?

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Last season with Penrith he spent some time playing centre. In Round 6 for example he played right center and scored 2 tries against the Titans. Played in the Auckland 9's the year before (Penrith made the final), scored a couple of tries if I remember rightly and kicked goal/s. More than capable playing at centre and he's only 23 so not exactly slowing down due to old age.

Go Dogs

Last edited:

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Last season with Penrith he spent some time playing centre. In Round 6 for example he played right center and scored 2 tries against the Titans. Played in the Auckland 9's the year before (Penrith made the final), scored a couple of tries if I remember rightly and kicked goal/s. More than capable playing at centre and he's only 23 so not exactly slowing down due to old age.

Go Dogs
I wish him the best, it will be good to have strike centres again.

dhoo8450

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't go off the strip, I've been watching the majority of the season and deserves a shot this year. You can ask the other members on here who watch the reserves what they think.

Exactly mate. He looked the goods in ISP last year and will develop into a strong first-grader IMO!

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Exactly mate. He looked the goods in ISP last year and will develop into a strong first-grader IMO!
We all hope so my bro!

Definately has a truck load of potential, can't deny that. Hopefully he grows and improves with the right support around him, then it would be when instead of if he would make FG.

dhoo8450

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We all hope so my bro!

Definately has a truck load of potential, can't deny that. Hopefully he grows and improves with the right support around him, then it would be when instead of if he would make FG.
For sure man. He certainly has the potential and plenty of time to improve his skills. I remember JMOz talking him up last year which is a good sign too!

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
With all our backrowers id love chn to play in the centres and reckon hed be very good there

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Anyone been watching training sessions, it would be interesting to see if Pay is at least trialing Chn at centre even if only briefly, I live to far to go watch training sessions.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Interesting Stats - Total metres from the back three (fullback and wing) in 2018 with the Bulldogs in 8th, just ahead of the Storm and quite some way ahead of Rabbits and Broncos.

Will Hopoate 3,870 (24 games, not all at fullback)
Brett Morris 2,235 (23 Games)
Reimis Smith 1,530 (11 games)
Marcelo Montoya 1,546 (15 games)

Go Dogs

Blueandwhiteblood1968

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
FFS Lichaa yet again, curious to see if he has lost weight and improved out of sight, I'm guessing not, he's probably still a useless slow fat turd who can't pass.

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
FFS Lichaa yet again, curious to see if he has lost weight and improved out of sight, I'm guessing not, he's probably still a useless slow fat turd who can't pass.

he's pretty damn ripped now, friend sent me a photo from training.... she said he looked good in the drills but we'll see what happens come round 1 I guess

Ant2611

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

Harper will make a good centre, in 1st grade , but not this year, ..............

Ant2611

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think so too, CHN could make a good centre, if I were good enough to play grade, I dont think I would care what position I was picked to play, We certainly have a lot of capable back rowers to chose from and back ups if needed, cant say the same about centres, WILL be interesting, no punn intended.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
I think so too, CHN could make a good centre, if I were good enough to play grade, I dont think I would care what position I was picked to play, We certainly have a lot of capable back rowers to chose from and back ups if needed, cant say the same about centres, WILL be interesting, no punn intended.
Some of our more mobile second rowers could shift to centre if required.

CHN, Chris Smith, maybe even RFM or Martin at a pinch.

bricktamland

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Lichaa is like a hameroid he is tough and painful and you can never get rid of him quick enough

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Pretty sure the kids 19... DAMNNNN his a Gooden. Hopefully once Harper consolidates his position in the centres we have enough money to go after a superstar centre from another club. Dogs on tha up!

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Some of our more mobile second rowers could shift to centre if required.

CHN, Chris Smith, maybe even RFM or Martin at a pinch.
We have a very strong mobile side this yr but not much speed and from memory we won two Gf'z with similar teams.

Status
Not open for further replies.