Can we match the Dragons physically?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maza

Reaction score
The week off will do us good, hopefully it will be a lot closer of a contest than we expect.

If there's any team that can show the Drags how to play with heart, it's us.

ProudDog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
i hope we get some troops back for this one

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
If you look at it, the Dragons traditionally aren't a high scoring team, but what they do well is get a lead of 6-8 points, then hold up their defence. Soon the other side gets frustrated unable to crack their defence, and starts playing silly football. Mistakes creep into their game, the forwards tire from going nowhere in attack, and before you know it fatigue sets in and gaps open.

If the Dragons are going to put points on, it's times like that it will happen.

The only way I see a side beating the Dragons is cracking their line early and getting in front (perhaps air based raids are a good option). If you get in front, you then need to keep Dragons on the back foot in their own half. Soward has a HUGE kick and can clear pretty easily so you have to be careful about that. If you let him get within distance his kicking game can keep your side pinned down in their half.

So.. are we up to the task? Sadly I think not, but I guess you can never say never.

Hansta

Im Bain's Boss!
Reaction score
the dragons style of play suits playing teams like us. We always have struggled taking on teams who use heaps of decoys and run arounds. Dragons usually have heaps of that

morgandogs

ARMIT LOVE
Reaction score
we can match them if hodgo armit and paea play strong, paea up against his old team will wanna rip in

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
I can't see it being any different from the last time we met. Dogs will be over-exhuberant in their tackling early in the game- and be penalised every time. Dragons will power up the middle, then let loose to Cooper and Morris. Penalty, try. Penalty, try - and so on. Dragons with 70% of the ball. By the second half we'll be too tired to tackle.

hotdiggitydogs

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
just like to say that i saw wayne bennett driving around homebush today.
Actually driving away from the Dogs office that is intresting???

S4Sonny

Ooh Ahh Cantona
Reaction score
As long as we don't get any new injuries.

B

bahadogg

the dragons have 5 players playing reps and scott,smith and saffy are injured there top players play friday night then have to back up saturday against manly at brookevale. the bulldogs should win easily after a good weeks rest
the dogs should be favourites to win

MikeG

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Dragons will be at full-strength when they play us with Scott, Smith and Saffy all scheduled to return vs. us

ouwet

Bulldogs 4 Life
Reaction score
It's not about matching the Dragons Physically... Can we match them Mentally?
When they get a roll on with some penalties... Can we hold them out? If they jump out of the blocks, can we stay in touch with them? We'll be pumped for this game, i'm thinking it could be the start of our season! AS fans we need to do our party, we need to make sure we're out in force next friday night... Dragons are on a roll there fans are being cocky, they should bring around 10,000-15,000 supporters IMO... Can we out do that? We need a sea of Blue & White to be there next friday night.

If you are a Bulldogs fan and live in Sydney... The team needs you next friday night!!! Answer the calL!

@nchorman

Channel 4 News!
Reaction score
It's not about matching the Dragons Physically... Can we match them Mentally?
When they get a roll on with some penalties... Can we hold them out? If they jump out of the blocks, can we stay in touch with them? We'll be pumped for this game, i'm thinking it could be the start of our season! AS fans we need to do our party, we need to make sure we're out in force next friday night... Dragons are on a roll there fans are being cocky, they should bring around 10,000-15,000 supporters IMO... Can we out do that? We need a sea of Blue & White to be there next friday night.

If you are a Bulldogs fan and live in Sydney... The team needs you next friday night!!! Answer the calL!
dude, right on. but even with us there, the boys arent gonna do their job. sure some of em will try hard, really hard. but as a whole, our team will be playing like girls. they should get tested, like that south african dude/chick did. sorry had to say it, heard this joke off the 7pm project a while ago.

MichaelM

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Against the Eels we tried our guts out - we just lost the wrestle.

Their second phase play / offloads and speed in the ruck killed us - they were very physical and we couldn't compete.

JuStINcReDIbLe.

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
There is no reason why we cant match the dragons in any facet of the game

its 17 vs 17 and the winner will be who wants it more. Im not taking injuries as any sort of fkn excuse. I just want our boys to put in and be proud of the badge on their heart. FFS dogs put an effort in and ill be satisfied. WANT IT MORE

@nchorman

Channel 4 News!
Reaction score
the dogs dont seem to want it at all. post match press conferences are so upsetting to watch now. no sense of emotion from anybody. its just...rediculous

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Coz its a home match we will be first out onto the field. It wil be the last time we will lead all night

Status
Not open for further replies.