Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Our bench needs to be setup better before even fixing up the rotations lol

MichaelM

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Supporters- we are focussed on finishing as high as possible on the ladder every season.

Realistically, however, to win a comp you need to be aiming for a top 4 finish.

So what do you do if you have a squad that at their best is 8th to 12th? If your Wests or a number of other clubs you finish 7th - 12th each year and everyone in the organisation breathes a collective sigh of relief and pats each other on the back if you make 8th.

That is no what CC is about, nor Gould for that matter.

Everything he does this year will be about fine tuning a squad that can be a threat next year - a top 4 proposition. If not next year the year after - it will take a massive year on year improvement to get there.

First year in with a team that has had 5 years of mediocrity - I don't think this Coach has a KPI that says he has to finish top 8 this year.

This year is all about developing our best young players, building resilience and trying to work out if any of the 11 off-contract players (and some on contract) are worth keeping next season - he already knows our relative weaknesses compared to the big guns.

To be top 4 we still need a fullback, a halfback, another damaging backrower and two dominant frontrowers - That's 5 topline players, so it may take 2 more years to get there!!

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Morrin played middle last year and went very well

topine started as a lock and even played hooker in fg and can hold his own

no way in any shape or form are cream puff stick tanner or knockonbur Better than the above mentioned

team selections very puzzling hence shit bench rotations

dekepefc

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We're 2 from 4 wins and realistically could have been 3 from 4 with a decimated front row. That's pretty good going really. I think if we can maintain something like a 50% win ratio without the players we're missing then the coaches won't have reason to panic. I just hope we don't pick up anymore injuries while we wait for others to return.. then we will be proper screwed.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
We're 2 from 4 wins and realistically could have been 3 from 4 with a decimated front row. That's pretty good going really. I think if we can maintain something like a 50% win ratio without the players we're missing then the coaches won't have reason to panic. I just hope we don't pick up anymore injuries while we wait for others to return.. then we will be proper screwed.
Can not understand people bagging Ciraldo! Seriously, at this point he is doing extremely well with the injuries we have. We are also doing very well in NSW cup and Flegg, so everything is in place for a bright future.
We should be 3-1 now, but the NRLol loves a fairytale and wanted to see the Warriors win their first game at home in such a long time. If we were 3-1, no one would have a single complaint, and most would be incredibly surprised.
Ciraldo has already earned my trust, so I won't question his methods.

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Can not understand people bagging Ciraldo! Seriously, at this point he is doing extremely well with the injuries we have. We are also doing very well in NSW cup and Flegg, so everything is in place for a bright future.
We should be 3-1 now, but the NRLol loves a fairytale and wanted to see the Warriors win their first game at home in such a long time. If we were 3-1, no one would have a single complaint, and most would be incredibly surprised.
Very rationale - i dont understand some of the bench selections but the coaches are with the players daily and would know a lot more than us BUT im critical of recruitment - not buying another middle forward or two - given the question marks of the form and injury/suspension history of Thompson n TPJ yet putting Reynolds and Hoffman in top 30, allowing TPJ to box in the off season - seem a long shot gamble.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I don't think anyone should ever compare Ciraldo to Barrett. Ciraldo has proven already he's a massive upgrade and has us looking like a competitive team as opposed to the rabble Baz turned us into..

Baz won 5 games out of 34 as coach.. Ciraldo has already won 2 out of 4 and we could have easily been 3-1 like you said despite missing two key forwards out of an already weak forward pack..

belmore_utd

Pro Golf Hack
Reaction score
Is it the fact the Hermit Kingdom (W.A) managed to only have 1100 reported cases of covid throughout 2021 thanks to its zero covid policy.

And then recorded 11000 AEFI's for the same period for covid vaccines.

Or the fact a TGA spokesperson said at the time, “the majority of adverse event reports for COVID-19 vaccines have been for common, expected and frequently mild reactions”, when 57% of those events were treated in hospital and the emergency department. As being rushed to the hospital is not mild, either WA is an outlier, or the TGA’s statement is suggestive that being rushed to the hospital is ‘common and expected.’

Or was it the constant reporting on the Hermit Kingdoms hospitals being under severe strain despite the lack of covid infections. On 31 October, Premier Mark McGowan told a press conference that hospitals were “under enormous pressure” but that it was hard to know why that was. McGowan speculated that the cause might be a delayed reaction to Covid; however, there were only 16 cases of Covid in the month of October. There were over 1400 AEFI reports for all vaccinations in the same month, most of which were related to Covid vaccination.

Is that the elephant in the room.
No, we're all over it. So sick of covid?

Okay moving on :tearsofjoy:

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I don't think anyone should ever compare Ciraldo to Barrett. Ciraldo has proven already he's a massive upgrade and has us looking like a competitive team as opposed to the rabble Baz turned us into..

Baz won 5 games out of 34 as coach.. Ciraldo has already won 2 out of 4 and we could have easily been 3-1 like you said despite missing two key forwards out of an already weak forward pack..
100% agree. He has also managed this while picking Okonbour for the past 3 weeks, and rotating the bench as he sees fit.
I don't why he is doing what he is doing, but im sure he has his reasons for it. Hopefully we see the benefits down the track as we start to get our forwards back on deck.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
I don't think anyone is actually comparing Ciro to Barrett.

What is being compared are the (seemingly) odd selections, positional changes, faith in known dunderheads and under achievers and bench rotations.

We, as fans, have been down this road before ...Hasler, Pay, Barrett and eventually lost confidence in them....no one wants that to happen agaIn and are concerned.

Until shown otherwise that these unorthodox bench rotations and faith in selecting known shortfall players, then supporters will question his judgement on these issues.

Everyone hopes he has got it right with his team selections and bench decisions etc. even tho realising he has been hampered.

Marki

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Supporters- we are focussed on finishing as high as possible on the ladder every season.

Realistically, however, to win a comp you need to be aiming for a top 4 finish.

So what do you do if you have a squad that at their best is 8th to 12th? If your Wests or a number of other clubs you finish 7th - 12th each year and everyone in the organisation breathes a collective sigh of relief and pats each other on the back if you make 8th.

That is no what CC is about, nor Gould for that matter.

Everything he does this year will be about fine tuning a squad that can be a threat next year - a top 4 proposition. If not next year the year after - it will take a massive year on year improvement to get there.

First year in with a team that has had 5 years of mediocrity - I don't think this Coach has a KPI that says he has to finish top 8 this year.

This year is all about developing our best young players, building resilience and trying to work out if any of the 11 off-contract players (and some on contract) are worth keeping next season - he already knows our relative weaknesses compared to the big guns.

To be top 4 we still need a fullback, a halfback, another damaging backrower and two dominant frontrowers - That's 5 topline players, so it may take 2 more years to get there!!
I'm afraid you're right. Especially the last paragraph. I just hope our faith put into some of our spine players pays off as it will otherwise prolong the rise to closer to 10 years....

Marki

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
My disappointment is not so much CC....
He did come out before the Manly game and after the Storm game to say "we have been working on a new way of playing".
We finally saw it in the first half of Storm game and it gave me alot of confidence in him.and the team.

But it has been afew games now, along with the Manly game that our players haven't been able to execute it.

It doesn't look to be all that scientific or difficult which makes me wonder whether these players can actually pull it off consistently...

That's my concern.