Can we address the elephant in the room

Benno Bulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I know I've said it before, and I know a lot of you blokes & sheila's don't rate him, but I think Ocky could kill it closer to the middle. With size like that he could/should run riot.
yeh Ock needs to look at Kiraz as a model for run returns and it looks to me like they working on his defence...If Ciraldo develops some speed in our Ruck play he will be a genius...Ciraldo has the trust of his players and that is all he needs. We were in front of the Warriors and only lost the game in that critical period where we continue to look gassed...yes it stands out like dogs nuts...but Ciraldo is a systems man and working towards solutions is his skillset, that is why he is here.

SPEARTAKVIDREFS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I don’t get the CC doesn’t trust the bench take on it. I would think a fresh benchie for 10-20 minutes is better then a totally gassed player starting to drop off tackles and make poor decisions.
Just assumptions when no-one knows.
He literally has the best window seat in the house game day.
Im sure he sees what we see.
So who knows.

Marki

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Depth isn’t strong but the selection of the bench and the use of the bench is baffling to say the least.

If CC doesn’t trust them in first grade they shouldn’t be there. At the very least he could find some solid defensive reserve graders and give them some minutes to keep the top players fresh.

I think our general fitness is still off the pace to other clubs. Add to that playing with a two man bench is disastrous. You can almost flick a switch when we gassed in games. Everyone is blowing and there is a fresh guy on the bench not being used.

He might have his reasons but whatever they are he needs to reevaluate now.
Yep. In previous years, you could manage fatigue levels with your halves kicking for touch or in goal and walk towards a scrum and use it to run the clock down or get a breather. Modern day rugby league has removed many of the "time strategies" in an effort to introduce the fatigue factor.

This means it is incredibly important to use your bench as effectively as possible. One might say it's more important to manage that than coach the actual team.

Playing 1 less benchie or not sharing the workload is essentially shooting yourself in the foot.

Ant2611

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Okunbor has played plenty of back row in reserves plus can fill in at centre or winger to cover for concussion/injury. Reynolds to play halfback when they pull Kyle from the field early in the second half
With a bit of luck they will pull him off early in the first half....... but don't think Josh can last 79 mins....

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I don't think it's ignorance, it seems like he is testing/trialing something.
We have limited options now. He is just trying to fix a lot of holes in the dam with limited options. I still don't know why he persists with the likes of Avo and Flanno though. After 60 games each, they have proved they are not the solution to nothing . . .

Last edited:

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
No, I'd recommend not playing at all and resting for the weeks/months it will take to heal.

But since he is playing it's best not to let it cool down, it will tighten up, hurt even more and make returning to play even harder, if not impossible.

Always a Bulldog
Dont agree really.

Its an intermittent thing. You can wake up and its gone. The next day its back.

Not sure on Max's extent of the plantar but its just not sustainable to rest it by not playing. He can be helped by lessening the time he his running and putting load on it....but I'm not a physio so willleave it there :grinning:

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Its an extended pre-season....character building.
They will be able to fight through and endure more/better towards the end of the season when the other injured middles return.
Or crash and burn out.

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Not just picking the bench but the rotation of the bench is baffling.
Agree, must be a lack of trust thing… but CC must be careful of a) letting fatigue impact us at the back end and; b) flogging guys like King and risk him being a long term injury

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
We're building for 2032 . . . For the Olympics
You cockroaches have been very rude abusing and insulting canetoads on TK of late so we are seriously thinking of not inviting you lot and fielding a far superior athletics/swimming team of just Queenslanders, and perhaps a few from Vic and WA, for OUR Brisbane Olympics.

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
You cockroaches have been very rude abusing and insulting canetoads on TK of late so we are seriously thinking of not inviting you lot and fielding a far superior athletics/swimming team of just Queenslanders, and perhaps a few from Vic and WA, for OUR Brisbane Olympics.
I live on the Goldy . . .

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The gabba rebuild is already over budget, according to our idiot premier, not because she has more P.R. people and spin doctors than Putin though lol. And that is a checkable fact . . . Well not the Putin bit. She has more PR people than any other politician is this country

Last edited:

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
The gabba rebuild is already over budget, according to our idiot premier, not because she has more P.R. people and spin doctors than Putin though lol. And that is a checkable fact . . . Well not the Putin bit. She has more PR people than any other politician is this country
They need to take a pay cut then :grinning: