Can we address the elephant in the room

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Huh…. You can’t compare Luke Lewis with Okenbur mate. Lewis actually made a difference on the field

Better comparison would be a Giraffe with severe anxiety issues to Okenbur
Okunbour’s been doing it for 3 weeks.

Dogs4eva13

Previously James Cochrane
Reaction score
People struggle to see the silver lining sometimes. Whilst Okunbor is acting as a fill-in forward in first grade, that's one more spot open to continue a real winger's development in NSW Cup. :P
Really interesting to see Skelton ben playing on the wing lately. Interesting if that is where CC sees the opportunity say in 24'. Kiraz to centre, Skelton to wing? I also want to see Blake W come in and do some hard yards. Really rate him, but don't think he will get selected in firsts unless he gets his hands dirty.

Snake

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don’t get the CC doesn’t trust the bench take on it. I would think a fresh benchie for 10-20 minutes is better then a totally gassed player starting to drop off tackles and make poor decisions.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
People struggle to see the silver lining sometimes. Whilst Okunbor is acting as a fill-in forward in first grade, that's one more spot open to continue a real winger's development in NSW Cup. :P
Love your optimism. Always look on the bright side :grinning:

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
I don’t get the CC doesn’t trust the bench take on it. I would think a fresh benchie for 10-20 minutes is better then a totally gassed player starting to drop off tackles and make poor decisions.
Gotta agree. The guys are exhausted yet the coach doesn't use his full complement of benchies to give them a breather.

Already a severely depleted and average sized forward pack and Ciro seems to be wanting blood out of a stone.

Anyway as some say, he is there and sees the situation but knowing King is playing extra mins with a severe foot discomfort injury and a benchie just sittjng there, who is supposed to be sharing some of the work, its hard to fathom.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Gotta agree. The guys are exhausted yet the coach doesn't use his full complement of benchies to give them a breather.

Already a severely depleted and average sized forward pack and Ciro seems to be wanting blood out of a stone.

Anyway as some say, he is there and sees the situation but knowing King is playing extra mins with a severe foot discomfort injury and a benchie just sittjng there, who is supposed to be sharing some of the work, its hard to fathom.
Letting King, or anyone, cool down with a ruptured plantar fascia is very bad idea.

Always a Bulldog

senshidog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Why is CC wasting the bench ?
The use of his bench rotation has me baffled, and knowing we are light on forwards he picks a winger and a 5/8 on the bench.
What is alarming is that we play with 16 players most games, what’s he thinking?
Ciraldo addressed this somewhat in the latest press conference post Warriors game.

"Okunbor can cover the back as well as play in the back row".

Makes sense as our game plan is revolving around the backs eating up metres and getting us out of trouble.

Bench covers an injury in any position except fullback.

Waddell - Second Row, Prop, Lock, and centre (at a pinch).
Pele - Prop, Lock.
Okunbor - Centre, Winger, Second Row.
Reynolds - Hooker, Halves, Lock.

Why bad idea? isn’t it doing more damage then.
From what I was just reading, it's an injury that hurts first in the morning, and gets better as its used more/warms up.

Hence why it's a tricky one to heal. If surgery isn't required, staying off the foot heals it, but it's also where it's most painful.

CMP

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Depth isn’t strong but the selection of the bench and the use of the bench is baffling to say the least.

If CC doesn’t trust them in first grade they shouldn’t be there. At the very least he could find some solid defensive reserve graders and give them some minutes to keep the top players fresh.

I think our general fitness is still off the pace to other clubs. Add to that playing with a two man bench is disastrous. You can almost flick a switch when we gassed in games. Everyone is blowing and there is a fresh guy on the bench not being used.

He might have his reasons but whatever they are he needs to reevaluate now.

Cujo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

Its an extended pre-season....character building.
They will be able to fight through and endure more/better towards the end of the season when the other injured middles return.

Berries

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Watch these blokes get injured because they are player too many minutes.CC will have Okunbur at 8 and Reynolds at 10. cAnT tRuSt tHeM

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
So you recommend 80 min games?!
No, I'd recommend not playing at all and resting for the weeks/months it will take to heal.

But since he is playing it's best not to let it cool down, it will tighten up, hurt even more and make returning to play even harder, if not impossible.

Always a Bulldog

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Depth is definitely a problem. Has been for some time now. I guess he will do what he guna do lol.. and we can’t change it. Opinions and ideas are all we have here to let out our frustration!!

under_Dogz

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Simple he doesn't trust them in first grade when the game is on the line and due to injuries he doesn't think there is anyone better. In reserve grade. The reserve grade squad is building pushing for spots so he might get more confidence in them in the future. Davey a proven first grader is coming back so he may get some minutes in the 1st particularly if they can turn him into a prop. Waddell and Brown were actually going well and getting 40 or so mins each so Brown is a big loss. Wouldn't be surprised if Morrin comes in for Oko last minute as he has been playing in the middle. However CC hasn't been playing those games so most likely this is the squad.
It’s very obvious that it’s about trust…for some anyway yet incomprehensible for many others lol

NQ Dog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I know I've said it before, and I know a lot of you blokes & sheila's don't rate him, but I think Ocky could kill it closer to the middle. With size like that he could/should run riot.