Can Meaney be our own Papenhuysen?

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Didn't expect this.
both are super fast. Both can play ball. Both are football instinct types

pappy was no one 2 years ago. Shopped around like a slut of Joseph Stalin. Now he's being compared to Slater.
with the right guidance, why can't Meaney be? He's the Aussie schoolboy fullback few years back

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Meaney has a good top speed but he lacks Papsmear's tackle busting acceleration off the mark. It makes a huge difference.

Plus Meaney doesn't even come close in ball playing Papsmear has 20 try assists to Meaney's 4 in their career (both have around 40 games)

Last edited:

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Meaney isn’t even in the same league as Paps.. and as for speed, Meaney is like a old truck when taking off where as Paps is like he’s been shot out of a cannon with the explosive speed he has to offer

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Meaney isn’t even in the same league as Paps.. and as for speed, Meaney is like a old truck when taking off where as Paps is like he’s been shot out of a cannon with the explosive speed he has to offer
That's true. I'll give Pap the first 5/10 m

but we are really forgetting how he was almost binned as an unco fringe player just a couple of years back.
We the bulldogs didn't even want him at min wage. Goes to show.

Meaney at least has recognised football smarts. He's actually further than puppy at the same stage of their career.

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
That's true. I'll give Pap the first 5/10 m

but we are really forgetting how he was almost binned as an unco fringe player just a couple of years back.
We the bulldogs didn't even want him at min wage. Goes to show.

Meaney at least has recognised football smarts. He's actually further than puppy at the same stage of their career.
Goes to show that our club was shambles even back then.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Goes to show that our club was shambles even back then.
I've kept loose track of everyone we have said no too before they hit their stride and it's yuck.

from memory;
Bailey simonsson
Cam Munster
Damien Cook (obviously)
Latrell Mitchell
James Tedesco
Mitch moses
Pappy
Dale finucane
Josh mansour

edit;
I suppose you could also throw Aiden Sezer in that mix. A player we could have used over the last two years who was desperate to stay.

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I've kept loose track of everyone we have said no too before they hit their stride and it's yuck.

from memory;
Bailey simonsson
Cam Munster
Damien Cook (obviously)
Latrell Mitchell
James Tedesco
Mitch moses
Pappy
Dale finucane
Josh mansour
SHAMBLES i tells ya ... fuck you Des fuck YOU

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
I think Meaney should be fullback for the whole year next year. He’ll get better and better, similar to Patten but he’ll never be like Paps. He would of shown a lot more by now if so.
I agree. Give him the season and we will know by round 18.

Headmix

Banned
Reaction score
Nasheed here,
Title is self explanatory.

why or why Not?
He is quick and has football instinct. But is he good enough?
Proper answers please.
I can see what your saying , as Meaney has so much more to give... just needs a good coach to unlock that potential. So yeah, think Meaney can be our version of him. But he may never be as good as him.