Cameron Smith set to become all time points record holder!

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
El Masri didn't start kicking fulltime until he was 27... Smith started when he was like 23/24 - plus El Masri had and will always have a higher strike rate and be a more accurate kicker.
Didn't even follow football when hazem was playing but I knew he was brilliant nothing can take that away. He'll always be the benchmark doesn't matter how many points Smith scores.

The ones who had a chance to rival him have all gone to shit or gone to different codes

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Be funny if he pulls the fuck it card and retires with no fanfare. But it won't happen ... his ego won't let him.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Egomaniac of the highest order. He'll love every second of the media attention and getting to the record plus playing over 400 games.

Surely next year channel nine will dedicate a three hour special program to the life of Cameron Smith.
Yeah, each and every week before the Sunday footy match....even if the Storm aren't featured...

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Smith on track for history-making year
Cameron Smith is yet to officially put pen to paper on a new deal in Melbourne but the magical 400 number is in sight for the premiership-winning star, just 16 games away.

If the 35-year-old manages to play in every game leading into round 17, a home clash against arch rivals Cronulla will be when he achieves the milestone.

Should the veteran miss one or two games prior to round 17, he could break the 400-game barrier against the likes of Brisbane, Manly or the Rabbitohs.

There's another significant record the Storm hooker is on track to break: Smith requiring just 33 points to overtake Hazem El Masri as the highest point-scorer in Telstra Premiership history.

El Masri's record stands at 2418 after he passed Andrew Johns's tally in 2009.

https://www.nrl.com/news/2019/01/08/nrl-milestones-to-watch-out-for-in-2019/

It's just not right that Smith becomes the all time leading point scorer. He was never a great goal kicker or a prolific try scorer.
Will be sad to see Hazems 10 year record broken.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Smith on track for history-making year
Cameron Smith is yet to officially put pen to paper on a new deal in Melbourne but the magical 400 number is in sight for the premiership-winning star, just 16 games away.

If the 35-year-old manages to play in every game leading into round 17, a home clash against arch rivals Cronulla will be when he achieves the milestone.

Should the veteran miss one or two games prior to round 17, he could break the 400-game barrier against the likes of Brisbane, Manly or the Rabbitohs.

There's another significant record the Storm hooker is on track to break: Smith requiring just 33 points to overtake Hazem El Masri as the highest point-scorer in Telstra Premiership history.

El Masri's record stands at 2418 after he passed Andrew Johns's tally in 2009.

https://www.nrl.com/news/2019/01/08/nrl-milestones-to-watch-out-for-in-2019/

It's just not right that Smith becomes the all time leading point scorer. He was never a great goal kicker or a prolific try scorer.
Will be sad to see Hazems 10 year record broken.
So, the storm just have a million bucks in its cap kicking around waiting for smith to make up his kind.

I think Jarrod Croker will eventually pass all of them re points.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Yup, and durable
For a bloke that plays the position he plays ever was hardly ever injured
Hate to say it, but best hooker ever, and by a bit
A Fair Effin bit.. Never seen a guy manipulate a game more than Smith.

Paulie Gualtieri

Previously Shrimp
Reaction score
One of the greatest to lace the boots up wish he was our 9. Still playing better than most 9s in the comp at 36 years of age. Your heads in your ass if you think otherwise

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
I honestly don't see him as that egotistical tbh, considering his status... there are far bigger heads in our game who haven't achieved even half of what he has, nor are they half the player he is.... Dugan, Hayne, Gal, Fifita to name a few

Paulie Gualtieri

Previously Shrimp
Reaction score
I honestly don't see him as that egotistical tbh, considering his status... there are far bigger heads in our game who haven't achieved even half of what he has, nor are they half the player he is.... Dugan, Hayne, Gal, Fifita to name a few
Never understood the whole he is a grub and massive ego type of guy. Few guys I know who played with him in Melbourne said he is so inspiring and such a leader for the players. I think people hate him for his convo with the reff when Alex McKinnon fucked his neck. Even that situation Smith was not wrong McKinnon tucked his neck.

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Never understood the whole he is a grub and massive ego type of guy. Few guys I know who played with him in Melbourne said he is so inspiring and such a leader for the players. I think people hate him for his convo with the reff when Alex McKinnon fucked his neck. Even that situation Smith was not wrong McKinnon tucked his neck.
I'd be stoked if we had a captain who could work the referees as well as he can.... That McKinnon situation was a bit harsh, but nobody could have known the end result at that stage... nobody would have said anything about it had McKinnon got up and continued on

Malla

Reaction score
Sure..

EL-MASRI
Removed points: Dogs got punished for 2002 season by NRL.
Highest points in a season: 2004 where he scored 342 points.

2002 he scored a total of 254 points.

2418 - 254 = 2164

New Position: Drops from 1st to 3rd on top point scorers list - behind Thurston and Johns.

CAM SMITH
Removed points: Storm got punished from 2006 to 2010 inclusive by NRL.
Highest points in a season: 2018 where he scored 201 points.

2006/2007/2008/2009/2010 he scored a total of 798 points.

2386 - 798 = 1588

New Position: Drops from 2nd to 15th on top point scorers list.
That says it all. Smiths highest points scored was 201 lol.

It'll take him until round 20 to get 36 points next season.

I hope he breaks both his legs in the same tackle

TABOO

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Egomaniac of the highest order. He'll love every second of the media attention and getting to the record plus playing over 400 games.

Surely next year channel nine will dedicate a three hour special program to the life of Cameron Smith.
Yep, exactly what I was going to say.
A large part of why he is going around again this year (And possibly next) is so that he could claim these records.
1st degree grub. He might be the best but I wouldnt want to see him in our jersey as some have suggested purely because of what a egotistical wanker he is.

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Can Cam Smith retire already so Bellamy can get exposed as the fraud coach he is.

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Hope team team bus backs over the shitcunt at preseason camp.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Was reading last night that Smith is set to overhaul Hazem next season. Sitting just 36 points behind, it would take a season ending injury early on for Smith fail in his chase of the record.

A real shame to see an absolute twat of a player like Smith get a record he doesn’t really deserve.
Doesn't matter, everyone knows that Smith was apart of a long systematic rort which helped him accumulate all those points... and it has taken him years post cheating (still benefiting from the spine assembled from cheating) to amass those points. Also I've lost count of how many times he's shanked some easy kicks. Fuckwit of the highest order, selfish and should have retired

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Brandon Smith anyone ?

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Can Cam Smith retire already so Bellamy can get exposed as the fraud coach he is.
Their whole organisation is funded because the nrl wanted Melbourne to succeed... cheats the lot of em.

TABOO

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Their whole organisation is funded because the nrl wanted Melbourne to succeed... cheats the lot of em.
Correct 100%.
They don't even try to hide it because it's so important to them to take on the AFL and try and make inroads in their dominant territory.
It's actually sickening the favoritism they display, only need to look back to Billy Slater's judiciary hearing where they pretended to deliberate for a long time but realistically it was all for show and they were never going to suspend the golden boy. Fuckwit is made of Teflon when it comes to the NRL, nothing sticks to him.