Other News Source Cameron Munster

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Hynes, king and Morovski all on or close to minimum wage. Even tino, did he ever re sign with the storm after hitting first grade? You have to consider players status when they were actually signed.
The point is if they were cheating the cap, they wouldn't have lost two of their best young players like Hynes or Tino.

Cam Smith, Brandon Smith, the Bromwich brothers, JAC and Finucane would have been on $3 million combined

Mackdoggies

Kennel Established
Reaction score
That means the storm have 4 mil at least tied up in 4 players in Munster, Hughes. Pap and Grant. That only leaves about 5mil for the rest of the 26. Meaning the rest of the squad on average have to be on min wage, how does that work? I smell another salary cap scandal coming. Presumably another 2 or 3 years down the tract after the fact, just like the last one. Also article is openly saying ceo is paying Munster extra under the table… rediculous.
It’s literally been their model for the last 20 years….seems to have worked ok bar the 3 years they were over the cap. Those years were because they spent big outside the spine as well.

Mackdoggies

Kennel Established
Reaction score
$10.4M next season. Also, last time I saw stats on TPAs, Storm was one of the teams doing well over half a mil, from memory.
Exactly. It’s a one team state that the NRL does everything to help keep high on the ladder. There’s unlimited TPA’s available down there…

KambahOne

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I expect the Lich King will try and get Mitchell now as the Dolphin's principle signing?

senshidog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Flanno should put his hand up, else Dolphins might make a big play for Jayden Sullivan.

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
So Munster is staying at Melbourne, Dolphins miss another 1

bulldog butch

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Thing with the storm is they always loose star players but manage to replace them with players off the scrap heap plus bring a few in from there feeder club....
Similar to what penrith is doing atm... Only penrith have a much better lower grade development program...

Melbourne don't go and buy star players

The roosters on the other hand, I seriously don't know how they do it......

hayes

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The last few years the Storm would have lost the following players without making big name signings to replace them. Let's not pretend that this wouldn't free up a huge amount of cap space. Also factor in that the Cap is going up..

Cameron Smith
Brandon Smith
Josh Addo-Carr
Nico Hynes
Tino Fa'asuamaleaui
Dale Finucane
Jessie Bromwich
Kenny Bromwich
Felise Kaufusi
Max King
Paul Momirovski
Put them in any side top 4 result