Official Call for Calm re: Wakeham Part 2 (2020 Edition)

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Same shit.

Foran is a myth made out of glass and has been playing like that recently.
Apart from the Steelers game he’s done little and takes ~10% of our cap for the privilege. Got to use who we have so since Lewis and Wakeham have both had two games with our millionaire, let’s give Jack a go - nothing else to lose.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Apart from the Steelers game he’s done little and takes ~10% of our cap for the privilege. Got to use who we have so since Lewis and Wakeham have both had two games with our millionaire, let’s give Jack a go - nothing else to lose.
Why not? Or even leave him at hooker.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Too small for first grade imo and he’s seeming to not be the answer but I’d rather him than Lewis until we can sign someone better. Lewis has had 60+ games so it’s unfair to cut Wakeham off under 10, just to bring Lewis back in.
Avo
Same shit.

Foran is a myth made out of glass and has been playing like that recently.
Hope that puts an end to those wanting to re-sign him. Even $400k far too much. Looks like its best to cut our losses with everyone off contract and start again.

Riggs80

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Look did Wakeham have a shocker yes
Is Lewis shit . Yes .

do you see Lewis improving under current coaching structure and team ... I don’t think so
Is Wakeham shit , who knows has s only had a handful of games .
Do you see Wakeham improving , possibly as we have not seen his ceiling .

that is why everyone still wants Wakeham , we haven’t seen enough and the other clown we know he has reached his ceiling and he is just plain shit

SPEARTAKVIDREFS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Rather than smugly bumping the old thread and embarrassing 95% of this forum, I’ll simply start this one and await the apologies to fly in.

I’ll reiterate my points from last year. His kicking game is extremely substandard, his defence is suss, and international performances against PNG and Lebanon are not form references for the ability to deliver at first grade level. The ludicrous hype around him was completely unjust.

The Kennel can now officially retire from the Wakeham circle jerk and move on with our lives.
His kicking game is poor. His defense needs work. There was never ludicrous hype.
Circle jerk, hmmm ok.
Many just wanted an actual half back playing halfback. Our only attacking weapon was/is Foran who is hot and cold.
Ive noticed you usually start these threads baiting your fellow supporters that are sore just after a loss.
Pretty low.

hayes

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We should just play Elliot at 5/6 as he only played all his juniors there until he join dogs from the country who push into the forwards.

hayes

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Lost cause my friend. With our veteran half too scared to break a fingernail, the lost pups have no idea.
Its really easy the blame the halves but when the forward need and should lay the platform we are fuck.

The tigers didn't deserve the easy the yards they made. Truth is we hold down the ruck when defending. We have slow play the ball in attack.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Its really easy the blame the halves but when the forward need and should lay the platform we are fuck.

The tigers didn't deserve the easy the yards they made. Truth is we hold down the ruck when defending. We have slow play the ball in attack.
I blame everyone, the dud players, the dud coach that directs the dud players and the dud board that won't boot the dud coach.

Isaac

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Rather than smugly bumping the old thread and embarrassing 95% of this forum, I’ll simply start this one and await the apologies to fly in.

I’ll reiterate my points from last year. His kicking game is extremely substandard, his defence is suss, and international performances against PNG and Lebanon are not form references for the ability to deliver at first grade level. The ludicrous hype around him was completely unjust.

The Kennel can now officially retire from the Wakeham circle jerk and move on with our lives.
You have no idea mate.
Our backline is fucked
The halves are not the issue.
The forwards are not tuff
The wingers and centres are shit.
The full back is our big concern.
We need a X factor to change the game.
Our hookers are horrible.
We need a new back line exept DWZ and hoppa.
A new 9
A new 1
And a new bench.
The coach is not the problem. WE DON’T have talent and the coach doesn’t have the money to use this year to fix the holes. He has money to sign players for next year which he will. Instead blame Des Hasler and miss castle for the mess then we wouldn’t be in this situation.
We will be in the top 8 next year if we make 4 major signings. The effort is there but the talent is not

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Lost cause my friend. With our veteran half too scared to break a fingernail, the lost pups have no idea.
Hence why I still believe the squad is the biggest problem. No need to get into the coaching :-).

A

Alexander the Great

if our forwards would motor and role up the field wakeham/foran wouldn't have to kick from our 30 every set.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Hence why I still believe the squad is the biggest problem. No need to get into the coaching :-).
Fkn vicious circle....

This is not us, this isn't the Bulldogs. This is fucking worse than Parra and titans combined.

Karl

Waterboy
Reaction score
Get rid of this jerk who can’t even kick a football, kicks on third tackle and no attacking flair. What a joke. Not even good enough to make the Canterbury Cup side.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Fkn vicious circle....

This is not us, this isn't the Bulldogs. This is fucking worse than Parra and titans combined.
I don’t think I could ever believe it was that bad. The slimy Eels were a joke for 30+ years remember. Thankfully we have not come close to that and will turn the corner once we get some quality on the park. Pretty sure that’s not the beers doing the talking but if it is I’m going with it for now!

A

Alexander the Great

Lewis didn't play mate. Did you even watch the game?
. Wakeham took over from him two weeks ago.

Get rid of this jerk who can’t even kick a football, kicks on third tackle and no attacking flair. What a joke. Not even good enough to make the Canterbury Cup side.