News Buzz weekend highs and lows: Financial threat to Phil Gould’s Canterbury Bulldogs rebuild | Daily Telegraph

jake6

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I don't actually see an issue with getting cash from the leagues club. Doesn't that just make us stronger by having the backing of one of the biggest leagues clubs in the country ?

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
I don't know which one Buzz needs to be dragged off to, the old folks home or the loony bin? Fucking "Germ-alist"

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Back in my day, Clubs from the Beaches hated Westies & Westies hated the clubs from the beaches ..

I have friends who grew up in the Shire, and they don’t just dislike the Bulldogs, they hate them with a passion, they were taught to hate our club by their parents, and they’ve passed it onto their kids.

It’s fun to mention when they’re around, how Ennis & Barba won them their one and only premiership ..

I don’t think I’ve ever met a true Cronulla fan, one who grew up in the shire, that doesn’t hate the Bulldogs …

So old drunkfield might just be one of those jealous haters from the Shire like the rest of them …

Last edited:

hayes

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't actually see an issue with getting cash from the leagues club. Doesn't that just make us stronger by having the backing of one of the biggest leagues clubs in the country ?
The league's club was created for the football

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
apparently they are going to address the rumours at the AGM, that should be fun

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
How are they trying to sabotage - by writing nonsense articles? If that’s the pen (or keyboard) being mightier I don’t see much to fear and I think you’re seeing things that just aren’t there. We were doing fine until about 2015 so I don’t really understand the argument about co-ownership and what became of us - and doubly so when our wounds were all self inflicted.
I'll be nice and won't accuse you of living in denial, and also assure you I am not seeing things that aren't there....
not yet anyway :tearsofjoy:
Let's agree to just leave it at that !

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
I'll be nice and won't accuse you of living in denial, and also assure you I am not seeing things that aren't there....
not yet anyway :tearsofjoy:
Let's agree to just leave it at that !
You can accuse me of whatever you like :-).
That’s part of being in a democracy, even when you’re on the same team. I just wouldn’t let Buzz bother you so much - he’s not worth the oxygen. Cheers.

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
That’s part of being in a democracy, even when you’re on the same team. I just wouldn’t let Buzz bother you so much - he’s not worth the oxygen. Cheers.
He’s an oxygen thief, nothing more.

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
No no no you are safe :laughing:
God bless this democratic country of ours, but remember democracy if abused becomes tyranny !!!
As for Buzz, someone must tell him to retire, the game will be better off without him :tonguewink:

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
As for Buzz, someone must tell him to retire, the game will be better off without him :tonguewink:
He might be gone just in time for us to win another comp. I’m sure he has a disciple in training though.

Harry Oz

Kennel Established
Reaction score
1 Pokies are going nowhere. It's just electioneering. The clubs announced yesterday they're going to ban people who leave their kids in the car while they gamble. I can't see many clubs closing their doors with that kind of policy. And don't worry there will be a way around cashless cards if the 5 year trial at the Dubbo RSL actually goes anywhere.
2 The Leagues club will always support the football club with whatever is needed.
3 Rothfield has to write something. His bosses especially love click bait and Gus is the NRL's best click baiterer. Sometimes Gus even trends on social media ahead of Peter Dutton, Robodebt and Prince Andrew. So they have to dream up stories about him. Stories about Gus make money no matter how stupid. Gus knows this too.

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
He might be gone just in time for us to win another comp. I’m sure he has a disciple in training though.
I was overwhelmed by excitement , then viciously you absolutely flattened the excitement in the second part :laughing: