News Buzz Rothfield dribble column

Jackson_1994

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Buzz Rothfield.

DOGS STUCK WITH EXPENSIVE RESERVE-GRADER

Canterbury are set to pay Kyle Flanagan almost $500,000 to play reserve grade as the club has failed to offload the unwanted halfback.
The Bulldogs have been unable to find a club willing to take Flanagan off its hands and will have to keep him at the club on a reported salary of $450,000.
While Flanagan is at long odds to start the season in the NRL, the uncertainty surrounding Jake Averillo and Matt Burton as a halves combination should give the former Shark and Rooster a glimmer of hope. Flanagan’s kicking game could eventually get him back into the top grade.

ANDERSONS OFF: CANTERBURY ROYALTY DEPART SYDNEY

Bulldogs royalty Chris and Lynne Anderson are set to leave Sydney with the rugby league power couple selling up after nearly 20 years in Cronulla as they plan a northern NSW seachange.
Declaring her everlasting love for the club that she has been part of since her famous father Peter “Bullfrog” Moore started his reign as Canterbury’s top-dog in 1969, Lynne revealed she was leaving Sydney and taking time to recharge.
“The last couple of years have been exciting, challenging, but also very exhausting,” Lynne said referring to her time as chair of the Bulldogs while working full-time as CEO of Paralympics Australia.
“Getting the Australian Paralympic team safely to and from Tokyo in 2021 was an incredible undertaking and one I am so proud of, but the old body is reminding me I’m not so young anymore.
“Both Chris and I thought it was a good time to take a break and begin a new chapter and we are doing that in a big way by moving out of Sydney.”
Lynne said she is looking forward to becoming a “hippy” after buying a property in northern NSW.
“My daughter (Courtney Humphries) made the move up to the northern rivers and after a trip up there we decided we would move there too,” Lynne said. “I just got a vibe that there is where I needed to be.”
While she is leaving her home town and full-time work – at least for now – Lynne declared she would always be a Bulldog.
“It will also be our club,” Lynne said.
“Both Chris and I have had incredible opportunities in sport, and it all started with the Bulldogs.
“We will forever be grateful. I am hoping that after a hard couple of years they will finally reap the rewards of all the hard work that has been put in.”

REYNOLDS’ NEW LOVE REVEALED
Josh Reynolds returned to the UK last week with a plus one, after falling “head over heels” for a blonde from the Central Coast.
Well and truly over his disastrous relationship with Arabella Del Busso – the notorious WAG who made a false pregnancy claim – Reynolds invited the mystery girl to accompany him back to the UK after a whirlwind romance that took place while he was back in Australia for the Super League off-season. We are hoping he told his partner to pack a parka, given the average January high in Hull, where he plays for Hull FC, is just 5C.

Another EEL Blunder.
Josh Hodgson has ended up costing the Eels more than what they were willing to pay to keep Reed Mahoney at the club.
In a move that has left rival administrators scratching their head, the deal the Eels signed ageing hooker Hodgson on is worth more a year than what they offered to keep their rising star.

sgodllubsti

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
flannigan the gift the club cant even give away with a big part of his salary included

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Seriously the parasite doesn't even watch the game.

Flanno was literally kicking bombs backwards for Mounties and often worst on park.
I'm sure he tried to chip one for the winger on the 3rd or 4th and it went into the stands lol

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
He deadset struggles to kick the ball more than 35 meters. Must have one of the worst line dropouts of any halfback I have ever seen too. Strange given he is a pretty decent goal kicker.
True.

Probably because there no pressure, as in people wanting to smash him or charge down when he's taking penalties or conversions.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
True.

Probably because there no pressure, as in people wanting to smash him or charge down when he's taking penalties or conversions.
True again lol, no one needs to pressure or charge down as he won’t hit the ball off the boot accordingly :tearsofjoy:

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Safe to say the Tbaz has a bad eye for talent.... Similar to Cleary for fox sake. Was the guy talking about oddly shaped heads?

John Matrix

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Buzz, is it 500k or 450k? how can you write two different figures in the one paragraph.

If the Dogs can't offload him than its proof the issue is with him as NO OTHER CLUB see any potential for change.

Another EEL Blunder.
Josh Hodgson has ended up costing the Eels more than what they were willing to pay to keep Reed Mahoney at the club.
In a move that has left rival administrators scratching their head, the deal the Eels signed ageing hooker Hodgson on is worth more a year than what they offered to keep their rising star.
if true, classic LOLEELS

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Must have really burnt him when we got our first win last year against the sharks.

senshidog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Saint, Sinner, Shart it should be called.

I wonder.... Are the Andersons really moving for a sea change, or to settle outstanding debts associated with the business collapse, which (it was widely publicised) they had the house in Cronulla as collateral on.

Howie B

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Must have really burnt him when we got our first win last year against the sharks.
Mods - can we adjust the heading ?

The column is What’s the Buzz but James Phelps wrote it this week .