News Buzz Rothfield dribble column

Jackson_1994

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Buzz Rothfield.

$150 for a shirt. You have to be kidding.
GUS PAYING FOR BULLDOGS JERSEY RIP OFF
Poor old Phil Gould has copped a pasting on social media over the pricing of Canterbury Bulldogs merchandise.
Your columnist is blocked by Gus on Twitter but we’ve been sent some of the reaction to the Bulldogs general manager promoting the club’s new training shirt on his account for $150.
That’s not a misprint … One. Hundred. And. Fifty. Dollars. For a shirt!
It’s almost double the price of a Sydney Swans match-day jersey ($79) for a training shirt.
That people like Bulldogs chairman John Khoury or CEO Aaron Warburton can’t recognise that this is a blatant rip-off for working-class fans means the NRL needs to step in.
Peter V’landys knows better than anyone else about looking after his customers.
All rugby league merchandise should be capped at an affordable price.

MoNkEy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Buzz must be on the wagon - can’t argue with that.

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Buzz Rothfield.

Poor old Phil Gould has copped a pasting on social media over the pricing of Canterbury Bulldogs merchandise.
Your columnist is blocked by Gus on Twitter but we’ve been sent some of the reaction to the Bulldogs general manager promoting the club’s new training shirt on his account for $150.
It’s almost double the price of a Sydney Swans match-day jersey ($79) for a training shirt.
That people like Bulldogs chairman John Khoury or CEO Aaron Warburton can’t recognise that this is a blatant rip-off for working-class fans means the NRL needs to step in.
You should buy one you drunk fuck. You are way to obsessed with the dogs not to . Just admit it, you LOVE the Dogs and think the Sharks are cheats and drug users.

Total Fool

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
P1sshead just posted a bloody Flanagan article… can someone post it please

David holland

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Buzz Rothfield.

Screenshot_20220212-212537_Messenger.jpg

Jackson_1994

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
P1sshead just posted a bloody Flanagan article… can someone post it please
The much-maligned Kyle Flanagan has spoken for the first time about the fight to save his NRL career.
For a young footballer who was unwanted 12 months ago at the Sydney Roosters and now, according to rumours, in the same position at Belmore, the young halfback is remarkably positive and upbeat about his future at the Canterbury Bulldogs.

The story goes that Gus Gould wants Jake Averillo to play at halfback and believes the 21-year-old can eventually become a Jahrome Hughes type playmaker for the Doggies.

That this isn’t a five-year plan but an immediate project.

I’m just focusing on what I can control and that’s training hard and backing myself,’ Flanagan said, “I’m sure everyone’s going to get an opportunity.

“I heard the talk the club wanted to offload me but they’ve always been upfront and I’ve never felt unwanted within the four walls of the footy club.

“I feel well supported by Gus and Baz (Trent Barrett) and everyone else for that matter. It’s up to me now.”

As the Dogs struggled last year and finished with the wooden spoon, Flanagan finished the season with six try-assists and eight linebreak assists – second and first in the side respectively overall despite only playing 13 games.

Still much more is expected from a $450,000 playmaker.

I just want to play well and get the consistency back I had at the Roosters,” he said.

“I’ve been under pressure from when I started, even back in Harold Matthews. Everyone knew my name because of my old man.

“I’m used to it although when I left the roosters I probably could have handled it better.

‘It hurt my confidence. It’s a cut throat industry that we’re in. I put on a tough face but behind the scenes it hurt.”

During the off-season Flanagan has done extras with old Cronulla Sharks warhorse Paul Gallen and boxing guru Peter Mitrevski Junior in their Cronulla gym.

“Gal’s been really good with my confidence and about backing myself,” he said

“I’ve also learnt about the importance of being part of a tight knit group that you need to have success at a footy club.”

Obviously the roster overhaul at Belmore and the new signings will help.

“There will be less pressure this year because we’ve got Matt Burton, Josh Addo Carr and Matt Dufty.

“We’ve also added guys like Tevita Pangai and Paul Vaughan in the forwards. They can be scary.

“I’d rather play behind them than against them.”

Importantly Flanagan has also worked on his fifth tackle options.

He has done kicking sessions throughout the off-season with former Sydney Swans star Nick Davis.
The plan is to implement a torpedo bomb or floater like Adam Reynolds, Nathan Cleary and the good halves rather than just kick conservatively to the corners.

It’s all part of becoming the complete halfback – and a valued member of the resurgent Bulldogs

LordSidious66

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
You should buy one you drunk fuck. You are way to obsessed with the dogs not to . Just admit it, you LOVE the Dogs and think the Sharks are cheats and drug users.
I'm starting to think he has romantic feelings for Gould. The guy seems to be so obsessed with him.

capt obvious

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Tbh i dont see much difference between flannos game and luke brooks whose played 200 plus games over ten years, flanno is only young and does need to pull his finger out tho,also think if he was on 200k fans would not be so much into him, its not his fault we threw 450 k at him.
I hope he goes well for both parties sake.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Tbh i dont see much difference between flannos game and luke brooks whose played 200 plus games over ten years, flanno is only young and does need to pull his finger out tho,also think if he was on 200k fans would not be so much into him, its not his fault we threw 450 k at him.
I hope he goes well for both parties sake.
Brooks at least had it for a while, flamingo has never had it.

Hound Dog

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Brooks at least had it for a while, flamingo has never had it.
Just give him time, like we do with Averillo. Baz should know by now who's starting for the 1st number of weeks and still have options. Win or lose, Flanagan needs to take pressure off himself - if he starts the season with us the wolves might be instantly back on him again picking on every little detail. I personally think we loan him out to a Super league club no disrespect but it's more professional than reserve grade, fine-tune himself and game management, fly him back the moment we need him or send another halfback in his place. Win-win for all parties. I think he'd have to grow a pair, talk to his manager, move away from Flanagan snr and build up steel and hunger for when he comes back. We can even include a buy-in clause in case the loaning club wants him for keeps and send us a transfer fee. He's a decent player, his games just needs experience and to find that balance of intensity and calmness.

Malla

Reaction score
Buzz can die tonight I wouldn’t care but he’s right about the jersey prices lol it’s getting ridiculous

Squirtlevstar

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Once upon a time, in the bustling city of Sydney, there lived a well-known sports journalist named Buzz Rothfield. He was renowned for his ability to stir up controversy with his articles and comments. He had a knack for getting people talking, and his strong opinions often made headlines.

One day, as Buzz was walking to his favourite coffee shop Jobels to prepare for another day of writing, he noticed a peculiar sight on the sidewalk - a bucket filled with horse manure. It seemed out of place in the heart of the city, and it got him thinking.

Buzz couldn't help but draw comparisons between himself and that bucket of horse manure. At first glance, it might seem like an odd analogy, but the more he thought about it, the more he saw the similarities.

Stirring the Pot:** Just like the bucket of horse manure stood out on the city sidewalk, Buzz's controversial opinions and articles made him stand out in the world of sports journalism. He had a way of getting people's attention, even if it meant causing a stink.

Impact:** Although horse manure may not be pleasant, it does serve a purpose as fertilizer. Similarly, Buzz's controversial takes often fertilized discussions and debates in the sports world. His words could lead to positive changes or fresh perspectives, much like how manure can help plants grow.

Messy Reputation:** The bucket of horse manure was messy and had a reputation for being unpleasant. Similarly, Buzz's journalism style was messy, leaving some with a bad taste in their mouths. However, just like the bucket had its role in the ecosystem, Buzz played his part in the world of sports journalism.

Attention-Grabbing:** The sight of a bucket of horse manure was hard to ignore, just like Buzz's articles were hard to overlook. Love him or hate him, people couldn't help but pay attention to what he had to say.

As Buzz continued to ponder these comparisons, he realized that perhaps being compared to a bucket of horse manure wasn't such a bad thing after all. It reminded him that sometimes, even the most unconventional or controversial aspects of life can have their place and purpose. From that day on, he continued to write his articles, knowing that just like that bucket of horse manure, he had a unique role to play in the world of sports journalism.

1699570654426.png

@SexBomb

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Once upon a time, in the bustling city of Sydney, there lived a well-known sports journalist named Buzz Rothfield. He was renowned for his ability to stir up controversy with his articles and comments. He had a knack for getting people talking, and his strong opinions often made headlines.

One day, as Buzz was walking to his favourite coffee shop Jobels to prepare for another day of writing, he noticed a peculiar sight on the sidewalk - a bucket filled with horse manure. It seemed out of place in the heart of the city, and it got him thinking.

Buzz couldn't help but draw comparisons between himself and that bucket of horse manure. At first glance, it might seem like an odd analogy, but the more he thought about it, the more he saw the similarities.

Stirring the Pot:** Just like the bucket of horse manure stood out on the city sidewalk, Buzz's controversial opinions and articles made him stand out in the world of sports journalism. He had a way of getting people's attention, even if it meant causing a stink.

Impact:** Although horse manure may not be pleasant, it does serve a purpose as fertilizer. Similarly, Buzz's controversial takes often fertilized discussions and debates in the sports world. His words could lead to positive changes or fresh perspectives, much like how manure can help plants grow.

Messy Reputation:** The bucket of horse manure was messy and had a reputation for being unpleasant. Similarly, Buzz's journalism style was messy, leaving some with a bad taste in their mouths. However, just like the bucket had its role in the ecosystem, Buzz played his part in the world of sports journalism.

Attention-Grabbing:** The sight of a bucket of horse manure was hard to ignore, just like Buzz's articles were hard to overlook. Love him or hate him, people couldn't help but pay attention to what he had to say.

As Buzz continued to ponder these comparisons, he realized that perhaps being compared to a bucket of horse manure wasn't such a bad thing after all. It reminded him that sometimes, even the most unconventional or controversial aspects of life can have their place and purpose. From that day on, he continued to write his articles, knowing that just like that bucket of horse manure, he had a unique role to play in the world of sports journalism.

View attachment 92488

@SexBomb
Wish you’d piss off with you AI rubbish ..

Taylforth

Kennel Participant
Reaction score

View attachment 92488

@SexBomb
Lol good piece

SexBomb

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

View attachment 92488

@SexBomb
You've tagged me?
Is that you @Flanagun ?
Is this your 'payback' for me daring to afford you the courtesy of tagging you in a post that I'm addressing at you?
If it is, meh, tag away big boi!

EDIT - added missing text

Last edited: