Burton

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Mmm..

Probably worth talking about how Burton is parked on the left while Flanagan is the link.

If we want Burton to succeed, he should be everywhere, getting his hands on the ball 2-3 times a set
All part of Ciraldo's plan, to expose Flanagan once and for all to the Belmore faithful by giving him full control.

rand0m3r

Since 1994
Reaction score
why didn't Oloapu (spelling) get some minutes in the trial?

InGusWeTrust

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
That's no excuse his supposed be the main guy and all the hype is on him. He needs to start to deliver
You realise it was a trial right? The idea isn’t to put on a clinic ffs. Edit: and as others mentioned which I’d forgotten, he had an injury, making it even more likely he was told to not go all out. We want him good f9r the majority of the season, a trial is meaningless except for deciding the best 17.

CQDog

Kennel Legend
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
He can’t play direct or dig into the line and engage defenders by playing straight with his footwork and the thought he could run the ball. His unborn baby is a better ball player than him. He just can’t do it and i don’t get it, super frustrating. Just seems like he can’t be fucked, has that stupid blank look at the ground look on his face for 80 minutes.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
It's a trial.. Relax.. It's his first game since the World Cup and surgery. He had an average game but he'll be better for the run. Anyone ripping into him now, please keep that same energy when he's setting up and scoring tries in games once the real season starts.

steeliz

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
No sorry the niff nuffs only want to look at one trial game in isolation to win an argument on the internet.
Totally agree.

We have a lot of new combinations that need work, young kids trying to find their feet and Flanagan to overcome.

Season is going to be a rollercoaster.

We are going to have some really good games and some poor games.

Just need to hold on tight and enjoy the ride.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Burton looked like he needed the run. A bit rusty and clunky.

habs

xdf
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
Most of the guys were in first gear. I think that the playbook went out the window when kikau went off.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Mmm..

Probably worth talking about how Burton is parked on the left while Flanagan is the link.

If we want Burton to succeed, he should be everywhere, getting his hands on the ball 2-3 times a set
Because he is a left centre. Don't want him sacked, just want him to justify his price tag.

Today was the worst I've seen him play. He was a lost pup and did FA.

It appears he got his 5/8th money now so he will just cruise.

COVENS

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Because he is a left centre. Don't want him sacked, just want him to justify his price tag.

Today was the worst I've seen him play. He was a lost pup and did FA.

It appears he got his 5/8th money now so he will just cruise.
I tend to think the opposite.

The fact that Flanagan took more midfield kicks than Burton indicates Ciraldo is trying to get him more involved and have more purpose. Seems intentional having Burton locked to the left.

I think we need to bite the bullet play Burton at 7.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score

The fact that Flanagan took more midfield kicks than Burton indicates Ciraldo is trying to get him more involved and have more purpose. Seems intentional having Burton locked to the left.

I Don't care where we play him tbh. I just want him to live up to his hype and pay cheque.

He didn't even do what he is only known for....

silva

Utility
Reaction score
He defended well that’s about it. Maybe he wasn’t going hard because it was a trial. But as others said he has proven himself but needs to play both sides and talk more. Not a kid anymore he’s the skipper ffs

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
When we win a trial and people get excited it's "settle down, it's only a trial"..

But when we lose and the whole starting team (not just Burton) play badly, it's "we're fucked, season is over, Burton is a centre etc.."

Win or lose the last two weeks, either way it should be "settle down, it's only a trial"..

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score

Burton can't play halfback, his ball skills are practically non existent and his running game is already being crippled playing at 6. I still stand by earlier point that he's a fullback at this stage of his career much like Munster was. Burton doesn't want to be the bloke that takes the ball into the line, he wants to be the bloke out the back that plays behind that guy.

Philmus

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Burton was close to worst on ground today, should be better once the season starts..... probably. Most people just used today's game to take shots at players they don't like and ignored all the other shit performances lol
burton was shocking. but all of them were

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
When we win a trial and people get excited it's "settle down, it's only a trial"..

But when we lose and the whole starting team (not just Burton) play badly, it's "we're fucked, season is over, Burton is a centre etc.."

Win or lose the last two weeks, either way it should be "settle down, it's only a trial"..
I said Burton is a centre and stand by it.

Please show me any proof that he is a 5/8th

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

Not sure who or why anyone was excited in regard to our win over Canberra who were missing 10 first graders LOL.

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

Bro, I've been saying Burton was a centre since we signed him and I stand by it. So do the back to back premiers, the NSW Origin selectors and the Australian coach apparently LOL but people kept tearing into me for saying it.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score

Numerous games last year. Mainly when we thrashed Parra (who made the GF) by 30. He was the best player on the park and he made Mitch Moses his bitch all game. The same Moses who people want to sign for $3.9 million a year.