Burton to Centre?

EzyB

Banned
Reaction score
Bring back t-Rex cause he played in the halves.

Como Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nasheed here,
uncomfortable fact for us.
Burton has looked solid as a centre this year but toothless as a half.

Perhaps we can use him at centre, and have SJ and averillo in the halves for an exciting combo?

1 Meaney
2 JAC
3 Naden
4 Burton
5 Cotric
6 Avo
7 SJ

Allen and Oko and Schoupp as back up.

MOUTH WATERING!
Are you trying to build some sort of influencer profile by generating a high volume of responses to your threads?

It's a really bad idea and Burton would never accept that, but hey you already know that.

Philmus

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
burton to FB
I know its not going to happen, but I actually reckon Burton could be one of the best attacking fullbacks in the game given his size, speed and ball playing ability. Again, its not going to happen because he's a half, but would be a cool experiment

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
The problem with Burts at centre is there is no room for him with Naden and either Avo or Allan (whichever doesn't play fullback. My money is on Avo because I think Allan is potentially a top 5 fullback in the comp). I could see Lewis and Johnson making a great halves combo....but the question is what do we do with Burts? Maybe we can try him at 9 or use him for impact off the bench....

dogzofwar

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nasheed here,

Perhaps we can use him at centre, and have SJ and averillo in the halves for an exciting combo?

1 Meaney
2 JAC
3 Naden
4 Burton
5 Cotric
6 Avo
7 SJ

MOUTH WATERING!
Why would we waste him in the centre’s lol

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
I can see what nasheed is saying if you only look at this year, where he has been better at centre than half.

However he played centre in their full strength team, and half in their severely understrength team. So there are reasons.

Not only that Burton is coming here to play in the halves, and we need a half a shitload more than a centre

rwalker999

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Terrible idea, played brilliantly at halfback last week and wants to play halfback, if he wanted centre he d stay at Penrith. The more games he gets, he ll be a superstar at halfback.
Didn't he play 5/8th last weekend ?

BlackDawg

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
"Toothless as a half" LOL. I guess tedesco must be toothless as a fullback.

EzyB

Banned
Reaction score
Didn't he play 5/8th last weekend ?
These days doesn’t really matter the number on the back when I used to play one used to control the forwards and the other halve the backs.
Boy has that changed.

David holland

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Nasheed here,

1 Meaney
2 JAC
3 Naden
4 Burton
5 Cotric
6 Avo
7 SJ

MOUTH WATERING!
Wake up incorrect info

Cappuccino

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I can see what nasheed is saying if you only look at this year, where he has been better at centre than half.

However he played centre in their full strength team, and half in their severely understrength team. So there are reasons.

Not only that Burton is coming here to play in the halves, and we need a half a shitload more than a centre
No, hes clearly trolling lol

Bottom line if u said to Burton btw we signed SJ and you'll be playing centre, he will not be coming. He will stay at Penrith and play centre after the dogs bow down and release him.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Nasheed is right, especially when you look at what Tom did while playing centre for NSW. Burton could be the best player in the world playing that role.

w00t

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Show me a half who has came onto the scene and absolutely killed it his first year?

Cleary only started to dominate last year. That Sam Walker kid is starting to get found out after shining in a couple of games.
Even Thurston didn't look like the great halfback that he would become when he was coming off the bench with limited minutes and few starts. Give him time..
Tim Smith for the Eels and he crashed and burned after that one stellar year not to mention choking in the 2005 Prelims (One of the greatest moments ever)

Nasheed is cracked, i want what he's smoking tbh