Opinion Burton does not deserve to be captain.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Lol
He broke through because of an obstruction and took an intercept…. Both after the game was well and truly dusted. Nowhere near enough to erase the horror show he produced today.

And chill out, I never said the ‘gun was a superstar.
Flanagan puts on a horror show every week. He's the worst half in the NRL. He's probably the worst First Grader to be picked week to week in the NRL..

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Incorrect response charged by emotion. I’ve never played a game as bad as Burton’s game today (or in round 1).

Reed is a protected species around here, but he was awful last week and his lack of running threat is a big part of our problem. We’d have been much better off with JMK.
Fkn oath he is protected!

He us our junior, he tries his guts out every game and isn't even a small problem in our team.

Not only he carries the whole spine, he carries the whole team.

Who cares if he makes a mistake or two. Has any mistake he has made led to points let alone a loss?

I'll defend him like others defend Burton.... or like you defend the typical, talentless coaches cry baby son.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Flanagun is the worst 7 ever to play nrl
More hyperbole. He’s not even the worst halfback to play for the dogs in the last 2 years…. Nor is he the worst half in the current team.

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Reed was pretty much a non event as a running player at Parra and they have good forwards. JMZk still cut teams up at times last year when our pack was getting schooled.
Reminder you don't have to run to be a top dummy half: Cam Smith

So he got to a GF with Parra and was a key member of their spine but it's still not good enough. Getting Parra to a GF is a miracle in itself considering they've been struggling to get back there since 2009.

GA45

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
He’s right. What sort of drugs are you on? Lol
Not the same ones as yourself. Who provides the big plays needed if Burton is not at 5/8? Who’s got that ability in this squad?

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
More hyperbole. He’s not even the worst halfback to play for the dogs in the last 2 years…. Nor is he the worst half in the current team.
Nah he’s the worst

Even his only attribute going for him ie defence was mediocre today ie shirt grabbing Walker who scored

He offers absolutely nothing

The sad thing is his first ever game in dogs colours v Knights was his best

But somehow he’s forgotten how to do anything he did that night

He’s had ample opportunities but he’s just not good enough for NRL

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Fkn oath he is protected!

He us our junior, he tries his guts out every game and isn't even a small problem in our team.

Not only he carries the whole spine, he carries the whole team.

Who cares if he makes a mistake or two. Has any mistake he has made led to points let alone a loss?
Pretty sure one of his errors led to points last week…. And his 10 missed tackles (that has to be close to a record for a ruck defender) nearly cost us the match. He can’t run and frequently takes wrong options. I don’t care if he tries… or if he’s a junior. I’d just rather we had a better hooker (like JMK)

jon50n

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I used to think Burton was over rated however IF we had a HALFBACK that actually plays some footy then the pressure would be off Burto and Mahoney and they can just play that supporting role that their positions required them to do. At the moment we haven't got a 7 and unfortunately both our 6 and 9 has to play some play making part and UNTIL our coach and Gus finds a proper ball playing 7 who can organise the troops, both Burto and Mahoney will be over playing and mistakes will happen. We all know Flannagan needs to go and till this day they keep on persisting with him which will mean our beloved team will suffer!

COME ONE Cameron and Gis please get rid of Flanagan, surely there has to be someone else who cannot do any worse than this kid! NO MORE EXCUSES PLEASE AND GET RID OF FLOPNAGAN!!!!

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Nah he’s the worst

Even his only attribute going for him ie defence was mediocre today ie shirt grabbing Walker who scored

He offers absolutely nothing

The sad thing is his first ever game in dogs colours v Knights was his best

But somehow he’s forgotten how to do anything he did that night

He’s had ample opportunities but he’s just not good enough for NRL
Rewatch the Melbourne game. He set up two tries with classic halfback play and won us that match. Flano doesn’t play, we lose that game.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Not the same ones as yourself. Who provides the big plays needed if Burton is not at 5/8? Who’s got that ability in this squad?
Oloapu and Reynolds are both better 6s than Burton. Not sure they could provide as many blunders, though.

Last edited:

Bulldogs_4eva

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I used to think Burton was over rated however IF we had a HALFBACK that actually plays some footy then the pressure would be off Burto and Mahoney and they can just play that supporting role that their positions required them to do. At the moment we haven't got a 7 and unfortunately both our 6 and 9 has to play some play making part and UNTIL our coach and Gus finds a proper ball playing 7 who can organise the troops, both Burto and Mahoney will be over playing and mistakes will happen. We all know Flannagan needs to go and till this day they keep on persisting with him which will mean our beloved team will suffer!

COME ONE Cameron and Gis please get rid of Flanagan, surely there has to be someone else who cannot do any worse than this kid! NO MORE EXCUSES PLEASE AND GET RID OF FLOPNAGAN!!!!
100% correct bro, Burton and Mahoney has to be playing 2 separate positions because Flano is just a passenger and offers ZERO, piss him off already back to his dad over at Manly! PLEASE

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Pretty sure one of his errors led to points last week…. And his 10 missed tackles (that has to be close to a record for a ruck defender) nearly cost us the match. He can’t run and frequently takes wrong options. I don’t care if he tries… or if he’s a junior. I’d just rather we had a better hooker (like JMK)
You had me till JuNK lol

Eesma

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Burton was shit tonight but anyone blaming the JAC injury on him is as biased against Burton as Flanagun is for Flanno. Burton checked his outside, saw Fox moving at speed and rolled the dice that Fox could win a 1v1 contest for the ball. The kick was too short. That's on Burton. When Fox had to pull up, his studs got caught in the turf and his momentum took the rest of his body well past his stuck foot.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Burton was shit tonight but anyone blaming the JAC injury on him is as biased against Burton as Flanagun is for Flanno. Burton checked his outside, saw Fox moving at speed and rolled the dice that Fox could win a 1v1 contest for the ball. The kick was too short. That's on Burton. When Fox had to pull up, his studs got caught in the turf and his momentum took the rest of his body well past his stuck foot.
The kick was never on. Fox wasn't expecting the kick on the 2nd tackle after a 40/20.

Doggystyle99

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Fact of the matter is every player who’s come through with burtos potential and gone on to succeed has had an older player/s that took the pressure off of them while also teaching them the ropes. Who has burto had? Fkn the averillo experiment that lasted 5 games? Then wakeham? Then the biggest ghost of all Flanno? The answer to solving burtons inconsistencies is not to drop him or put him at centre. It’s to fkn get someone in that can actually play 7 - otherwise it’s a detriment to his game and his development if it continues and he stagnates.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
@Critta Magic what is with you and Burton? If we win you swallow, if we lose you spit!

If you want to pick on burton for something, pick on his inconsistencies... I know his young and he will grow but this hot cold bullshit has got to stop.

CQDog

Kennel Legend
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Its the silly confused blank face he has 24/7 after doing anything that does it for me. Just looks like he doesn’t give a fuck nor cares. Just too quiet. Plus the little t-rex hands type of slow jog he does to get back into the defensive line with his back turned AWAY from the defense is pathetic.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
@Critta Magic what is with you and Burton? If we win you swallow, if we lose you spit!

If you want to pick on burton for something, pick on his inconsistencies... I know his young and he will grow but this hot cold bullshit has got to stop.
I complimented him last week for standing up when we needed him but I still have massive issues around his game as a half. I tried to be positive about him but he backed it up with this rubbish. Karl is a better prospect at 5/8 from what I've seen.