News Bulldogs vs Warriors: Steve Georgallis promises changes after 'bitterly disappointing' loss

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
I think he’ll give Averillo a crack with Foran.
I very much doubt it, Averillo does not have a long kicking game and Foran rarely kicks long, otherwise his lower back or hamstrings may snap like twigs...

Mak Dogs

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Has an interim coach ever been sacked?... If no then I think we are due...
I’m not sure in rugby league but in soccer it has. Espanyol sacked 5 coaches this year and still got relegated. The 3rd or 4th coach they had was really good but he wouldn’t commit to them long term so they sacked him too

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Judging by Georgallis' selections and rotations today, I'm terrified as to what those changes will be.

Let me guess, Napa and Tolman play 75 minutes, Lewis comes into the team, Renouf still can't make the 17 and Thompson and Averillo still get fuck all minutes?

The club shouldn't be letting an interim coach who won't be here next year pick whoever he wants for the last five games.
It's a total abrogation of their duty to the club.

They are letting this circus roll on without any guidance or oversight to a struggling, interim coach who is solely responsible for selections and the direction of a demoralised, poor quality team.

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
Thompson dropped, some people on here are going to be shook asf.
Better if the coach looks at what each player can deliver then use them to those strengths. Thompson is being wasted as a battering ram; he would be more effective out wide where his speed and strength can be utilised.

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
My wife sais 'why watch when you know how its going to end'
Try telling that to a Bulldogs supporter.
SG can say what he likes. There is no-one to replace anyone with. We are just shit all round.
This season cant end soon enough and I couldnt give a shit if we land the spoon or not.
All I wanted was to play well for a few games at the back end of the season and win a couple.
Every weekend is groundhog day.
To think that many of us had hopes for a better season this year after the previous disasters. Even the most pessimistic couldn't have predicted a virtually winless 2020 and the wooden spoon our only trophy. At least we can expect 2021 to be better.

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I think its absolutely obvious that there is no place in the team for Lafai or Hopoate.

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
our senior play maker is an absolute fucking passenger, Thompson has not cracked a sweat since he got here,aside from his first couple of games.
SG has continued on with the dean pay master coach bench and rotation policy, we can be critical of the young players in our squad all we want but the reality is our current situation has fuck all to do with any of them the club and the team has been run into the ground year after year for longer than I care to remember and we have developed a losing culture. Good luck Trent.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Better if the coach looks at what each player can deliver then use them to those strengths. Thompson is being wasted as a battering ram; he would be more effective out wide where his speed and strength can be utilised.
Wonder where this strength of his is, haven't seen it. He was meant to be a prop and we're already talking about playing him on an edge a couple games in... massively concerning.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Wonder where this strength of his is, haven't seen it. He was meant to be a prop and we're already talking about playing him on an edge a couple games in... massively concerning.
Peptides baby. Get Gallen to be his personal trainer. Problem solved!

Seriously though, if Thompson bulks up over the offseason and increases his leg strength then he could make the impact we were hoping he would.

Dogsville

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Foran is just a tease...he has a a couple of glimpses of showing that he can be a good player, but you know the next tackle he makes that he could be out for 10 weeks. He is not worth the risk. We made him a sensible offer, time to move on and find some one who can play a full 80 minutes at full pace. week in week out. A million dollar player could have led us to a couple of wins in some tight games over the last month

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Peptides baby. Get Gallen to be his personal trainer. Problem solved!

Seriously though, if Thompson bulks up over the offseason and increases his leg strength then he could make the impact we were hoping he would.
I'm not even joking, I hope he returns to England during the off season. This bloke was supposedly the best in England yet we've ended up with a straight up PLODDER. He looks so weak asf, footwork non existent??! Like what the fuck?

Something magical better happen because of right now he is SHIT and looks miles off being even an average NRL player.

James zac

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Don't matter who we bring in we are used to loosing better off bringing a shrink in they need counseling

Family Guy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Lafai is absolute shit.
I think he got hooked today for giving up that try.
Plus he put in a piss weak attempt the take the ball in the air with their 1st try.

Foran had a bad miss today but generall5his defence is fine.
He had a great game defensively last week.

Blaming the 19 year old because his defensive reads are terrible and he can't tackle either.

Why do you have a hard-on for him?
I watch every game evey week and so far have seen nothing to say he demands selection.
Agree Lafai is shit...shouldn't have been re-signed in the first place. Would have been better to give a junior a run

As an Avo fanboy, the reason I have a "hard on" or "I'm jizzing" over him is because of his potential as a 5/8. Nobody is defending him as a center. As a center he should NOT be in the team. Just because he can play center doesnt mean he should. He got away with it in the juniors but his defensive problems are now being brutally exposed in FG.

He is a 5/8 (or FB). Imagine how Ponga, another 5/8 or FB, would go defending in the center - not good I'm guessing. I'm assuming they are playing him out of position just to give him experience in FG but its backfiring because its destroying his confidence. It'd be almost as dumb as playing Tolman as a 7.....oh wait

All were saying is give him a real shot in his natural position and THEN judge him. He looked good in the very limited time he had there this year at 5/8 and in the 1 CC game he played. If he is still a turnstile in defense (who cant tackle a bag of marshmallows) and he offers nothing in attack, then I'll be off the Avo bandwagon and onto the next shiny object

Whether he gets a shot this year at 5/8 is doubtful, but next year under Baz he should get a shot at 5/8 or FB and then we can judge him

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
I hope that the club is working hard at moving on some of the players who are contracted for next year but have no real long term future in fg - C Smith, Britt, Lewis.
Im hoping - desperately hoping - that the new coaching n fitness regimes get the best out of players like reimis Smith, DWZ, Thompson, Toomaga, Wakeham, RFM, Averillo, Okunbor - the coaching and lack of emphasis on detail and intensity compared to other clubs has had an accumulative effect on the development of players.

Jai81

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Changes? Maybe he's gonna try borrow some players like the Warriors did lol?!

Jai81

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Can Averillo kick?? Foran has a terrible long kicking game so maybe thats why this combination hasnt been tried??